• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Planet of Peculiar Peril, sci-fi role play/interactive story roster

Hmm, I think an alien character could fit in with the story, QuietLurker. Have you read the story as it's progressed so far? I could see an alien woman appearing mysteriously from the planet, and maybe even have an English book like you described (could even turn into fun miscommunications!) I could also see having her be some kind of alien that picks up our language quickly, even if humans can't learn hers.

You should try posting a full character bio. We can see how it fits, and how to get your character involved in the story. Remember, we're going for a more campy, old sci-fi movie feel, so you don't have to emphasize realism as much as entertainment. It's always good to have another member aboard!

QuietLurker, I have to say that's an impressive creation you've got there. Quite detailed. If anything, I'm a little concerned it might be TOO weird, instead of not weird enough. The story is much like old sci-fi shows and movies of the 50s and 60s. In those settings, aliens were often ridiculously human. Spock only required pointed ears to be an alien, others were essentially just painted skin. Their cultures often had very strong similarities to a certain human one, either modern or ancient. Our game has a campy, cheesy feel to it, rather than going for the realism of a strange, alien species.

I think Glik could fit in with just a few modifications to the Bio (if you don't mind me making a suggestion or two). I like the telepathic communication, that'd fit well. I also like her appearance: short and humanoid with yellow skin and tentacle hair. All the strengths and weaknesses should fit in to make for a good addition to the story, and potentially funny dialogues (Don't eat my book! What, eating a rock?!).

You might want to scale back the hive-mind, reincarnation thing. That might be a little too much. A very communal society of telepathic aliens should be enough, and the details can be figured out as needed when we go along. I do like how she went from being a primitive alien to a capable spacer, though. Interesting story.

How can she fit into our story? Well, she could meet the crew on the planet somehow. Or, maybe fitting in with her character, she could already have stowed away on the ship when the crew wasn't looking. She might already have gotten on board! It might also be fun if we had a tarzan speaking alien that doesn't understand human customs. I think Glik could be a good addition to the adventure.

Hmm. We haven't really gone into the specifics of the rocket, it's sort of made up as we go. the only things established is that it's powered by some mixture of chemical and atomic power and is a little cramped. Here's at least how I imagine it: A cockpit for everyone to strap in, sleeping quarters (either individual or barracks style), a small kitchen/dining room, maybe a medical room, and an engine room. There would be ventilation ducts that would probably connect up everything, as well as ducts for water, waste (ew, though), radiation, and various chemicals (hydrogen, oxygen). So, while perhaps an alien could go through some of the others, the easiest movement would likely be sneaking in and out of room via air ducts.

Technically speaking, air's probably the only passage she could really get through, but the scrubbers and filters could make it a tight squeeze. As far as what it looks like on the inside, the rocket's got small, efficient rooms stacked one above each other, the cockpit facing "up." All of it very early NASA plus 50s sci-fi, obviously.

Also, nice if unexpected addition to the passengers! She'll be fun to get to know, so... welcome aboard! ... Stowaway. 😛

Thanks for clearing up the rocket, Vi. She could probably still remove and reattach filters as she moved, though. Or perhaps she needs to sneak through rooms to get to different sections of the pipes.

QuietLurker, don't worry about being "unresearched." The 50's sci-fi I've watched was never big on getting the details right (always fun seeing 90 degree left turns in space). Air ducts would probably be lining the interior, yeah. After all, each room needs a fresh supply of air. Since it's retro, the ship isn't so much filled with electronics as mechanical mechanisms and tubing. If I could sum up the essence of 50's sci-fi in a word, it'd be "goofy." Just play along, and if something doesn't add up it can be edited.

I'm pretty positive that, as it stands as of this post, they are outside the rocket. All other characters appear to be inside and near the control room/hatchway.

Hey, late idiot here reporting for duty. I'm sorry, and i'm hoping you guys still have a spot open, I wasn't going to be a ship member, but a member of the enemies army. ^^' Will I be allowed in? Sorry if I overlooked something before posting this..

Didn't overlook anything at all. This is the thread to get started in. Xeph is in charge of the baddies so far, so I'm hoping he doesn't have an issue with letting you into his forces. Beyond that, there's plenty of room for you in the story, and to see you want to be on the opposing side is actually pretty awesome to me. What's your idea for a character so far?

I have no objections into letting this person into my army, so long as it fits into what I already had in mind. Depending on your character you can be anything from a high ranking general/veteran to a lowly grunt, like the ones currently in the actual thread or even a cook.

More people is usually better for RPs, yes? I look forward to working with you.

Thanks, Xeph! Well, here's the Bio.
Basic Information
Name: Scáthaigh Cúasifreann (Shortened to 'Ska' in most reports)
Species: Umbra Troglodytarum
Weight: 100 Pounds.
Height: 7'8"
Current Rank: Officer
Assigned Regiment: 67th Legion Special Ops
Origins
Ska was born on a Hostile world, and taken captive three years ago, she caused a prison riot and killed several guards before being sent to a maximum security prison planet, where she was obtained by {NAME REDACTED} and taken into his army. Her already phenomenal combat skills got her drafted at 20, and she has stayed in the army ever since. Some people would say she was waiting for a chance to break out, but others think she's loyal.
No one is going to ask her, for sure.
Personality Details
Ska remains a relatively cheerful person, and does the majority of her missions with a wide smile on her face, no matter how grim it is. She is only hostile to {NAME REDACTED} and most of the survivors of her missions say before she takes down her target, she says 'It's just business'. Her Regiment say she is an enjoyable person, and she's helped the majority of them during a near-death situation, unlike the other officers, of whom their only regards to their men is, 'We have reserves'.

Species Information
'Umbra Troglodytarum' Literally, 'Dark Troll' is a strange species, and evidence suggests they're genetically engineered, holding three ages, one that show's their IQ, one that shows their actual age, an one that shows their physical age, due to genetic mutations, this is necessary to keep track of who they really are. They're of humanoid physique, but their skin is of a dark blue color, and their eyes are a milky white, no pupils. They cannot see well, and use their hypersensitive hearing and smell to track down prey. They are extremely lightweight and tall, being created on a low-gravity planet. Their ears are particularly strange, being covered by ram-like horns, which helps their hearing from becoming too sensitive.

Possibly the strangest part of the Shade Trolls' biology is their ability to absorb genetic code into their system, taking on the characteristics of whatever they ate. To do this, they have an extraordinarily high metabolism, and if they are not fed for 12 hours, they will die. Another strange part of the Shade Trolls' biology is their ability to sense particularly strong characteristics in a creature. If they haven't been fed in a while, they will snap into a frenzied rage. Some of her soldiers have reported Ska being her usual self, and then going into a feral state, dashing on all fours to the targeted enemy and ripping out his/her throat, consuming their strengths, soon after, waking up, not realizing what happened.
She has no memory of these charges, and is afraid of going into a rage, eating near constantly.
Critiques welcome. 🙂

Last edited:
Nice to have you on board, sevenduster. Or maybe I should count myself unlucky that another capable enemy has joined the mysterious army? Ska looks pretty cool, the height combined with the weak eyes/strong hearing and smell remind me of the T-rex scene in Jurassic park. I'm sure Ska will be quite the torment for the intrepid crew!

If I can make picky suggestions, old campy sci-fi had a poor understanding of 'atomic energy,' and probably hadn't even heard of genetics. Not that there aren't ways to get around that. Perhaps these trolls are 'bred species' in some kind of strange sentient animal husbandry. Or they breed themselves, or how they are could be a mystery.

I'm also a little confused as to what traits they pick up by eating. If she eats beef, would she become kind of docile and cow-like? I can't even imagine what carrot characteristics are. Would it make more sense if she took on the traits of the people she encountered? Eating them would be too extreme, but she could acquire it via licking or some kind of specific bodily contact.

Just a constructive critique, it’s a very interesting creature you've made. Just don't have her killing off our characters now!

Just curious, and as to save me 6-7 pages of skimming, is this a tickling role play, or simply a normal role play? I admit, I am watching this with some interest to see how it is going.

It's a tickling role play with a significant amount of non-tickling elements. In order for the RP to be a little more in depth, there isn't tickling going on at every moment. If I had to hazard a guess on where the story is going:
-the crew look like they're about to be captured by an evil villain. They may very well be tickled.
-Some or all of the crew escape somehow and in some fashion.
-Plot twist! Some kind of tickling, and so on...

But the future isn't set in stone, the game goes by ear.

From what I understand there will be tickling involved at some point though we haven't gotten that part yet.

@sevenduster - Good character concept. I like her ability to absorb traits from meals. I don't think I've ever seen that before. And 67th Legion Special Ops sounds quite badass. Good thinking. I was thinking that I could put your character in charge of the operation to capture the 'spies' (since that's what the bad guys think the good guys are) and when/if the good guys are brought aboard the ship it's you they meet and have to deal with. Sound good?

Thanks, Xeph! Well, here's the Bio...

For the most part, I could see the character working out. Carni's suggestion that genetic manipulation be changed to selective breeding would help the flavor text fit in some. (Though in the fifties they did understand a great deal of genetics already. In fact it was in the fifties that DNA was first modeled.) And I too am curious about how eating something to gain something will work. Admittedly, "eating their heart to gain their strength" might be a bit too bloody for the tone of this story. At the core, though, it's another fine alien addition, and a stark contrast to Glik's sneaky, curious type.

Just curious, and as to save me 6-7 pages of skimming, is this a tickling role play, or simply a normal role play? I admit, I am watching this with some interest to see how it is going.

And I'll be the third to say, yes, there will be tickling. The pace has been a bit slow the past month, but I'm hoping to pick that up now that things are less hectic in my life.

And I too am curious about how eating something to gain something will work. Admittedly, "eating their heart to gain their strength" might be a bit too bloody for the tone of this story.

Well, she could always, for example, eat a fleck of steel or perhaps a small gem.

And I'll be the third to say, yes, there will be tickling. The pace has been a bit slow the past month, but I'm hoping to pick that up now that things are less hectic in my life.

Ah, good to know. I admit, this is indeed a very interesting game to watch.

Okay, thanks for the approval! And to say, I'm hoping I can make the more 'bloody' part of the eating will be offscreen, and onscreen with what would in fact be metal or a gem or already cut meat.

I think I should submit a bio for the stories main antagonist.

Overview
Name: Xephidel Narrada Delaroix Z'el Thaeir
Race: Zaersori
Height: 8' 0''
Weight: 287 pounds
Title: Emperor of the Black Empire

History
Xephidel was born of the zaersori race, a tall and long lived species that can only give birth when one of them dies. Their biology prevents them from reproducing normally due to a lack of reproductive organs. When one ceases to live, the corpse, either male or female, produces its own offspring that incubates inside of it for nearly a decade before emerging from the body. The hatchling starts off as a slug-like centipede before evolving into an adult. Once they achieve adulthood their form undergoes severe alterations. They grow into a bipedal shape and their skin pigmentation changes from blue and green to darker shades of blue, black, red, or gray. Because of their odd reproduction methods, there are very few zaersori in the galaxy. Before they reach adulthood, they are relatively harmless. However, once they mature they become a problem.

Zaersori are very, very hostile. They possess a natural hardened exoskeleton, quick reflexes, swift agility, telekenesis and mind reading powers (though they only achieve their psychic abilities after a few kills), and a nasty tail. The tail is perhaps the worst part as it opens up into a two foot serrated spike that is not only used as a weapon but jabs into a victim to absorb them. They do this in order to evolve as each kill makes them stronger, faster, and smarter. Not only that, but the zaersori also take in memories in addition to any genetic traits the victim may have. For example, some lizards and underwater creatures have to ability to regenerate so if one of them was to be absorbed, the zaersori would then be able to regenerate its own cells. Fortunately they do not pass on traits to their offspring, but each one is a bit stronger than the last, meaning that their children do inheritate something from them.

Their society is highly advanced and all of them belong to one single family, because there are never more than ten zaersori at one time. Their population is very small. The word family is used loosely as it is more like an alliance with the goal to pool their resources together and find a way to genetically alter their race to allow them to reproduce the way humans do. This will allow them to cultivate much greater numbers. But what they lack in quantity they make up for in quality.

The strongest among them is considered their leader and that is the role Xephidel plays, as all zaersori belong to the Zaeo Society, otherwise known as the Black Empire. The Black Army is the military of the Zaeo Society, a society that believes the zaersori should be the ruling race of the galaxy and that all other species should bow to them. They are tyrants and rule with an iron fist. The Society currently consists of twenty three planets, all of them once peaceful and independent worlds until they were conquered and forcefully made a part of the Empire.

With each world conquered the Black Empire grows and its army only becomes that much more powerful. They have a massive fleet of space ships that can deploy anything from infantry, aerial drones, tanks, and even subterranean vehicles. In addition the technology they use was built and developed by them. The Society and the Black Army don't use the technology of conquered planets; they throw it out and replace it with theirs.

As it stands now, the Black Army has a legion of soldiers, most clones, ready to fight and die for the Zaeo Society, and there is no dispute among those who know what they are capable of that the Society is a galactic superpower.

Last edited:
Since we've seem to have hit a slight snag, I thought I'd post here. I think the best way to go about it is to treat sevenduster's post as a scratch. Xeph or anyone else can post based on the situation, although sevenduster is a bit closer to everything. Just depends who makes a move.

On another note, deadly weapons probably aren't going to convince the crew. It seems like they're going to need to be knocked unconscious somehow if Xeph's evil army wants to take them in. And such gas may not effect aliens like Glik.

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back