• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Quintessentially British!

On a serious note, a lot of the time I feel that I cannot express my pride for my country because all too often there are people who immediately put me down for it and remind me of the bad my country has done in it's past, and how they see this country has gone to rat-shit. Does anyone else feel the same?

Well no, because that doesn't really happen. What actually happens is that people want to be proud of being British but see nothing much worth being proud of, then project their inability to be proud of being British onto some phantom self-loathing lobby.

The way I look at it a lot of bad stuff was done in the name of Empire, but we also invented the Western world. So yeah, it balances out.

No, he wasn't Irish. Not to my knowledge anyway.

I think he was, but I can't be arsed looking it up. With a name like Guido he was probably something bad like Irish, or Italian. Or Swedish.

I think he was, but I can't be arsed looking it up. With a name like Guido he was probably something bad like Irish, or Italian. Or Swedish.

Actually he was a Yorkshireman, by gum and ecky thump. And his name really WAS Guy, he just adopted the name "Guido" (which was the name he was charged under) when he was fighting for Spain in north-west mainland Europe.

On a serious note, a lot of the time I feel that I cannot express my pride for my country because all too often there are people who immediately put me down for it and remind me of the bad my country has done in it's past, and how they see this country has gone to rat-shit. Does anyone else feel the same?

I think this situation is getting better, not least due to the realisation of just what hard work the armed forces are doing in various shitholes the world over.

Even people who, like myself, feel they were misused by a warmongering liar who should be in prison for warcrimes, feels pride in the armed forces themselves, and acknowledges that being up to your foreskin in blood, snot and sand for months on end is a frigbuggering hard existence. I don't think we've ever been closer to having St. George's Day made an official Bank Holiday.

I think this situation is getting better, not least due to the realisation of just what hard work the armed forces are doing in various shitholes the world over.

Even people who, like myself, feel they were misused by a warmongering liar who should be in prison for warcrimes, feels pride in the armed forces themselves, and acknowledges that being up to your foreskin in blood, snot and sand for months on end is a frigbuggering hard existence. I don't think we've ever been closer to having St. George's Day made an official Bank Holiday.

I don't see what bearing the work our Forces do has on our view of the country. Disenfranchisement with the state of the nation is not tantamount to disrespecting the armed forces; my eldest brother's a sergeant in the Luggage Carriers and he complains more about the way Britain is run than anyone I know.

I don't see what bearing the work our Forces do has on our view of the country. Disenfranchisement with the state of the nation is not tantamount to disrespecting the armed forces; my eldest brother's a sergeant in the Luggage Carriers and he complains more about the way Britain is run than anyone I know.

Patriotism is not, in moral people at least (Samuel Johnson, eat yer heart out!), linked to politics.

Beating the Aussies for the Ashes in 2005 made me feel incredibly proud, despite the fact that we were labouring (no pun intended) under the most dishonest, most thieving, evil government the UK has had in modern times.

Beating the Aussies for the Ashes in 2005 made me feel incredibly proud, despite the fact that we were labouring (no pun intended) under the most dishonest, most thieving, evil government the UK has had in modern times.

Yeh, but we got you back in 2006-07. 5-0 was it? :bounce:

The dance scene in the UK rocks.

-Xionking

The dance scene in the north rocks.

-Xionking

Fixed. Down south they're listening to shit we had up here in the mid 90's. I hear Adelaide's quite good for a bit of the old jungle music type shenanigans.

Fixed. Down south they're listening to shit we had up here in the mid 90's. I hear Adelaide's quite good for a bit of the old jungle music type shenanigans.

Haha, fair enough, Scruff.

Adelaide? Hell no.

Melbourne is the place to be for any kind of electronic music in Australia. At the moment though, Electro is still the biggest music going round, and there seems to be no ending in sight. That as well as any other genre of house music you can think of, there's bound to be a club here that'll play it.

But there are a couple of places here like "Wobble" that runs nights for dubstep, breaks, jungle/drum'n'bass and garage. And I'm starting to really get into some of these tunes, and know that the UK caters to the shit.

Adelaide's "clubs" are inside old abandoned churches. There ya go.

-Xionking

Adelaide's "clubs" are inside old abandoned churches. There ya go.

-Xionking

See I used to know a girl from Adelaide and she talked the place up as if it was Gatecrasher City. What does a night out in Melbourne run you usually? I'm in the market for a piss-up holiday and Spain is getting boring, for some reason the Russians have decided to take over all the good piss-up towns and you can't move without being asked about Gostinitza or somesuch shite >_<

See I used to know a girl from Adelaide and she talked the place up as if it was Gatecrasher City. What does a night out in Melbourne run you usually? I'm in the market for a piss-up holiday and Spain is getting boring, for some reason the Russians have decided to take over all the good piss-up towns and you can't move without being asked about Gostinitza or somesuch shite >_<

Umm, a night out for me in town varies depending on what we decide to do.

On a clubbing night, we normally go to 'Two Floors Up' where they play pretty heavy house like...I dunno, you heard of Deadmau5? Boys Noize? It'll either be there or 'Lounge Bar' which is more alternative, but still heavy heavy house. These are the nights where we'll often get on it as well as drinking. There's a club here to suit everybody though, from the pretentious type of clubs, to the dirty, filthy, stripped back junkie type of clubs.

On a bar night, it'll just be a matter of us crawling from bar to bar, normally starting out at 'The Purple Emerald' which is this funky little place that has a live band playing funk/reggee/soul. We'll end up at Pony where the DJ will play a mixture of music, ranging from 'The Beatles' to 'Rage against the Machine'. We hit the booze hard, often sinking glass after glass of whatever house red they have goin' on behind the bar.

If you like to party, Scruff, then I'm sure Melbourne would suit you just fine. The nightscene here is by far the best in Australia, and there are reasons for this, but I cbf going into any more detail. Plus, I'm here, and first drinks would be on me.

-Xionking

Or you could go to Amsterdam; if you want to try a combination of different mind altering chemicals I know just the people you should meet.

Or you could go to Amsterdam; if you want to try a combination of different mind altering chemicals I know just the people you should meet.

I hear the shop-window mannequins over there give a mean blowjob >_< Also it's a beautiful old city and that sort of thing.

If you like to party, Scruff, then I'm sure Melbourne would suit you just fine. The nightscene here is by far the best in Australia, and there are reasons for this, but I cbf going into any more detail. Plus, I'm here, and first drinks would be on me.

-Xionking

Sounds like a cracking place. One other thing I'd like to know, though; is it full of wank-tastic ex-pat Brits who whine about how great Britain is despite having left 20 years ago because the weather was shit?

Well no, because that doesn't really happen. What actually happens is that people want to be proud of being British but see nothing much worth being proud of, then project their inability to be proud of being British onto some phantom self-loathing lobby.

The way I look at it a lot of bad stuff was done in the name of Empire, but we also invented the Western world. So yeah, it balances out.

It happens to me!

Do you think that their inability to be proud of being British is because they can't be arsed, or is it because they're so deeply rooted in whingeing about everything (sadly, now a British institution) that it carpet bombs anything remotely positive?

I agree that it's getting better (albeit slowly), and the fact that our armed forces are getting lots of positive media attention gives the country something to be proud of, which is a step in the right direction.

Do you think that their inability to be proud of being British is because they can't be arsed, or is it because they're so deeply rooted in whingeing about everything (sadly, now a British institution) that it carpet bombs anything remotely positive?

Or perhaps their self-esteem isn't tied to the national well-being? :-o

Yeh, but we got you back in 2006-07. 5-0 was it? :bounce:

-Xionking

I wasn't one-upping the Aussie cricket team, I was simply stating that the monumental nature of our first Ashes win for eighteen years made me intensely proud, helped by the fact that I am a cricket fan anyway.

I was also especially delighted at the magnificent attitude with which both teams conducted the series, which was also a welcome turnaround since the Sledgefest that was officially kicked off by Allan Border in 1989. He'd had some trouble winning the Ashes whilst being nice, so he turned ignorant, rude and forced the boundaries of both gamemanship and sportsmanship worringly far back.

A tactically excellent captain and a genius with the willow, but a ruiner of the spirit of the game.

Cricket has a spirit? I thought the only reason it existed was so the Indians could say they were good at something.

I hear the shop-window mannequins over there give a mean blowjob >_< Also it's a beautiful old city and that sort of thing.
Sounds like a cracking place. One other thing I'd like to know, though; is it full of wank-tastic ex-pat Brits who whine about how great Britain is despite having left 20 years ago because the weather was shit?

Haha, nah not at all, mate. Everyone who comes to Melbourne end up loving it here. No whining, self-righteous ex-Brits to worry about. None that I know, anyway.

Did I mention the Melbourne women?

-Xionking

The norwegian national team sucks big dangly donkeybits for sure, but our league is utter crap too, so that's to be expected.

And yes, Bjørge Lillelien was a great man:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PqZTP8-8wIs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PqZTP8-8wIs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Watch the end of the movie, Blackball mate. ;)

Here's one...

Jeremy fucking Clarkson!!! The thinking man's Alan B'Stard.

This gives me another idea for another thread...:firedevil:firedevil:firedevil

Which paper is that? "The drunken loon gazette"?

Let's count the great titles won by the english national team:
1. 1966 World Cup
2. Umm...

Oh yes let's. Then let's compare it with the amount of ones Norway have won.

1. Ummm...

Okay, let's be fair. England have, after all, reached the quarter and semi-finals of the big international tournaments now and again, such as at Euro 96 and Italia 90. Let's list not Norweigan wins, but Norweigan impressive performances.

1. Ummm...

Okay, let's change topic.

One of the greatest writers ever produced by Britain, was Roald Dahl, who was brought forth into this world courtesy of Norweigan parents. So thank you Norway for providing the genes that gave the world one of the greatest English children's authors ever.

What's New

6/30/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evenign at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back