• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Cackling Cave+ (*/f and f/*)

A Few Bugs.
Actualy Just One.......
I Turned From Level 6 To Level 99.

That was because you pressed the space bar at a certain area in the game. I was using it to test out skills and win events but forgot to take it out.

Instead of updating, i'll keep that one in as a sort of easy mode thing if you guys have any trouble.

Here's the location for those who feel like cheating their way through the game.
It will only activate when you press the space bar on the 1 panel before the event.
Those who want to avoid it, don't press the space bar until you are right up next to the blue chest.

Oh and about that area that goes past the cave that wont let it go there. Doesn't go to a new map. I just put that there in case Kleptomaniac makes a sequel.

Last edited:
Cheat enabled

That was because you pressed the space bar at a certain area in the game. I was using it to test out skills and win events but forgot to take it out.

Instead of updating, i'll keep that one in as a sort of easy mode thing if you guys have any trouble.

Here's the location for those who feel like cheating their way through the game.
It will only activate when you press the space bar on the 1 panel before the event.
Those who want to avoid it, don't press the space bar until you are right up next to the blue chest.

Oh and about that area that goes past the cave that wont let it go there. Doesn't go to a new map. I just put that there in case Kleptomaniac makes a sequel.

Why not just rewire the level 99 bug and make it a cheat-code type dealie? if we're making Video games, I think that'd be a great idea.

Why not just rewire the level 99 bug and make it a cheat-code type dealie? if we're making Video games, I think that'd be a great idea.

You know that'd be a good idea if I only knew how to program cheat codes into the game. But unfortunately I don't know how to.

You know that'd be a good idea if I only knew how to program cheat codes into the game. But unfortunately I don't know how to.

I'm not a programmer, but I had a Copy of the Warcraft 3 Map editor, which had some ELABORATE crap in it, and one thing I gleened from it is that, for Warcraft 3 Anyhow, is that programmed In-Game Events are made with IF/THEN statements.

For instance, in your little example,

IF the player presses Spacebar, THEN he goes Level 99.

In theory, it should be possible to have the player use more than one button, like a phrase;

For instance, If player types Dragonforce, THEN he goes level 99. The secret to any good edumacation, beit college, gradeschool, whatever, is experimentation. Fiddle-fart around with the software a little bit.

Cheats are very simple to do.

Simply create an actor, let's call him "Cheat System". Alright? Next, create an event. Such as a person in the bar. Have that person give some kind of prompt, such as "What's the password?". Then call a Name Input Processing event, and have it point to that actor.

Next create a Conditional Branch and have it set so that If Actor Name = 'MaxMe' or whatever, then have the effect be Set Player Character Level = 99, or whatever. With the appropriate "Heal Party" afterward.

To ensure there is a response if they don't put in the right code, create an "Else" command (just check the box at the bottom of the conditional branch) and have the person say "Uh...no that's not right" or whatever, to let the player know they got the cheat wrong.

And there you go, easy cheat system. If you, or anyone else tinkering with RPG maker, has any questions, feel free to PM me. The Tower of Gargalesis is my...sixth full length game? I'm not too shabby with it.

Edit: Alternatively, I can't remember if RPGXP has a "Input Keyboard Process" function, if it does, you can save space by creating a Variable named Cheat System and simply applying the results of the Input Keyboard Process to that variable, and check the variable against the necessary conditionals. That feature is missing in VX, but I'm almost positive it is in XP because in one game I made, there was an NPC (Death if you'd like to know) who asked you riddles and you typed in the answer.

Last edited:
And yet another loooong time lurker feeling like participating.
I think it's because of all the dynamics that have been started with this RPG-related interest.
I, myself, am a huge RPG mark, and I have full scripts of really large ones lying around. I made them with a buddy of mine who, unlike myself, has a clue about programming. Which leads me to the main problem, I don't know jack (remember that game? ^^) about programming.
So, everyone who has an own project and needs a support writer, I'm available until I figure out how to handle RPG-maker. I'd put up a tickling story circle that I wrote about a year ago, but translating 22000 words from german into english and keeping the fun intact is complicated.

Last edited:
so I was hoping you would extend the lee bonus dungeon. it would be interesting to get tickled by the 2nd fox girl, dark slime, and mermaid. just a thought but thanks Xtreme09 beat the game with no cheats and it was super fun ^-^

Awww I had enough trouble with dialog for the bonus dungeon extention.

But glad you liked it

Ok, well, since I haven't commented, I guess I will. Even though it's an add-on more or less it was still a good job. Granted the difficulty of the optional bosses was expected to be a bit higher, and I don't get why, when it came to the tickle 'scenes', so much more focus was put on the 'lee' parts. But still, was a nice addition. Good job.

Yeah it's tough trying to get the boss stats at just the right difficulty. It really depends on what level you are at the time. If you're talking about the bonus dungeon, I really couldn't think up much for the ticklee room. Had more dialog ideas for ler.

And thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah it's tough trying to get the boss stats at just the right difficulty. It really depends on what level you are at the time. If you're talking about the bonus dungeon, I really couldn't think up much for the ticklee room. Had more dialog ideas for ler.

And thanks.
Well I'm a pretty experienced RPG player so what seems easy to me might be challenging to someone else. :lol And ok, just wondering because I noticed that the lee room went into much longer dialogue.

Well I'm a pretty experienced RPG player so what seems easy to me might be challenging to someone else. :lol And ok, just wondering because I noticed that the lee room went into much longer dialogue.

Ah right ok.

well I got some ideas for the lee room that stays in your parameters ^-^
you will just need to change the text to be exactly what you want but I can give ideas to help you. if you want. I liked all the new stuff. was really really fun ^-^

What I've read about making bosses (and I'm still perfectly the process myself) is to decide what level you want the boss to be first. Meaning, what level should the player be when they fight the boss.

Then make the bosses stats equal to or slightly higher than the player's stats at that same level (adjusting various stats depending on boss traits IE: a golem having higher defense than agility).

Next give the boss a ton of HP. Ten or twenty times the player character's health at that level. More if you just feel like it or feel that amount isn't enough.

Now the fun part, giving the boss some dangerous skills. Be creative, think of things this boss would be able to do. A plant monster might have a vine attack or pollen attack.

The trick is to get the skills balanced. Set the Base equal to the attack stat and the Spirit F = 200 if its magic and Attack F = 100 if it is physical.

The most important thing is lots of health. Players have limited resources, so a boss that can take a beating and keep chipping at them will eventually wear them down. Also, when designing a boss (testing etc) assume the player is FULLY PREPARED for that boss. They have the right armor for their level, the right weapon, the right items. Never cater to an underprepared player.

Next give the boss a ton of HP. Ten or twenty times the player character's health at that level. More if you just feel like it or feel that amount isn't enough.
I'm afraid I have to disagree here. Yeah, the boss should obviously have a great deal more health than the player but an obscene amount isn't so much difficulty as it is endurance, and can be tedious. I think the best bosses are those that are a challenge because of the combination of all those things combined.

Just downloaded the new 2.2 version of this and everytime i try to run it i get a "Failed to load Archive" error. After that it just sits there un responsive. Not sure what happened as none of the other versions had this problem for me.

I'm afraid I have to disagree here. Yeah, the boss should obviously have a great deal more health than the player but an obscene amount isn't so much difficulty as it is endurance, and can be tedious. I think the best bosses are those that are a challenge because of the combination of all those things combined.

Well true but you have to pick your poison. Is the boss hard because it can 2HKO you or is it hard because it will drain all of your resources in the course of fighting it? In this game it's not so big a deal as the one character has a set progression of stats. In a game with more characters with varying stats, it's harder to centralize the damage so that it isn't OHKOing one class, while the others can just barely survive it.

Granted using evented skills fixes this, by making an attack do a specific amount.

Well true but you have to pick your poison. Is the boss hard because it can 2HKO you or is it hard because it will drain all of your resources in the course of fighting it? In this game it's not so big a deal as the one character has a set progression of stats. In a game with more characters with varying stats, it's harder to centralize the damage so that it isn't OHKOing one class, while the others can just barely survive it.

Granted using evented skills fixes this, by making an attack do a specific amount.
Well I'd prefer neither actually. Bosses can be difficult without resorting to cheap gameplay elements. I think it's possible to find a middle ground, where they don't have so much health that the focus of the fight is enduring for 15 or so minutes. I prefer bosses that require specific tactics to beat that go beyond "Keep buffed, attack, keep healed". Like those that have certain weaknesses that need to be exploited.

I took your advice. I made the boss hp and final boss hp a little higher.

Also inspired by Deus's work, I'm adding on beginner skills that have you tickle specific area on the opponents body and yes they have their weaknesses for them too. That have the same level of power as your opponent's basic attack. Weaknesses will make them stronger. Others will make them weaker or not work at all.

Right now i'm working on making a pokemon style game. I'm busy cutting out all 493 pokegirls I found. And i'm also trying to make a region map. I got a pokemon graphic pack for the game too.

Well I'd prefer neither actually. Bosses can be difficult without resorting to cheap gameplay elements. I think it's possible to find a middle ground, where they don't have so much health that the focus of the fight is enduring for 15 or so minutes. I prefer bosses that require specific tactics to beat that go beyond "Keep buffed, attack, keep healed". Like those that have certain weaknesses that need to be exploited.

Yeah true, but the problem is (especially with the software involved here) its' a little hard to accomplish that. In fact, it's hard to accomplish that at all in a turn-based RPG system (I certainly can't think of anything that does that).

What exactly would you suggest in this system? I should have enough know-how to know if it can be done (and if I don't know, I can easily find out).

The closest to what you are suggesting I did with a game a long, long time ago. The final boss was an entire sentient dimension, so obviously you couldn't plink away at it. Instead the goal was to swap between two sets of four heroes, and use their Limit Break attack "Seal" in the proper order to defeat it. Once the last character used "Seal" the fight was over. That's the closest I can think of to a non-traditional RPG boss fight in this system, though I could be wrong. (This system was actually based on Time Devourer from Chrono Cross...except you could still punch Time Devourer to death, you just got a bad ending)

I'm honestly curious, it would be fun to work out a way for a boss fight to work other than "Plink, Plunk, Shing (Attack, Defend, Heal)" but it's so hard to accomplish. Most games boil down to that system unless they involve environmental details and such (which rarely come up in an RPG).

Last edited:
Yeah true, but the problem is (especially with the software involved here) its' a little hard to accomplish that. In fact, it's hard to accomplish that at all in a turn-based RPG system (I certainly can't think of anything that does that).

What exactly would you suggest in this system? I should have enough know-how to know if it can be done (and if I don't know, I can easily find out).

The closest to what you are suggesting I did with a game a long, long time ago. The final boss was an entire sentient dimension, so obviously you couldn't plink away at it. Instead the goal was to swap between two sets of four heroes, and use their Limit Break attack "Seal" in the proper order to defeat it. Once the last character used "Seal" the fight was over. That's the closest I can think of to a non-traditional RPG boss fight in this system, though I could be wrong. (This system was actually based on Time Devourer from Chrono Cross...except you could still punch Time Devourer to death, you just got a bad ending)

I'm honestly curious, it would be fun to work out a way for a boss fight to work other than "Plink, Plunk, Shing (Attack, Defend, Heal)" but it's so hard to accomplish. Most games boil down to that system unless they involve environmental details and such (which rarely come up in an RPG).

Hm. I don't know RPG Maker of course, but I would have some ideas.

First of all, the simplest of course would be exploiting a boss her weakness. So if it's a fire witch for example, using ice should hit her harder. In that case, hopefully in the attack sequence you could append a bonus to the attack damage in case the boss mob is the target. Generally like this;

if bossMob=FireWitch and playerAttack=IceStrike then DmgBonus=10

or

if bossMob=FireWitch and playerAttack=IceStrike then Dmg=Dmg*2

If you like to make combos, I would suggest using an extra variable. So for example, first make a mob wet (with an ability called WaterStrike) and then electrocuting the mob (with ability ElectroZap or something). You could do this:

Have a global variable, e.g. MobWet and set it to value 0 (meaning mob is dry). Then, after each player attack round, you should do the following:

if MobWet > 0 then MobWet = MobWet - 1

Now, if you use your WaterStrike ability, add the following line when the damage is done:

MobWet = 1 Edit: Make sure you do this AFTER the line if MobWet > 0 then MobWet = MobWet - 1, or otherwise set the value to 2, because otherwise you're immediately undoing it.

(you may need to write something like if ability="WaterStrike" then MobWet = 1 , you know better than me as you know how the system is stuck together)

And in the damage dealing, BEFORE dealing the damage, you should include the following idea:

if ability="ElectroZap" and MobWet > 0 then Dmg=Dmg*Multiplier

Of course the latter part, how much to add or multiply the damage by is something you have to design/decide. But I hope the idea is clear.

So, this way you basically accomplish that if you do first a WaterStrike so the mob is wet and then electricity right after it, you get the damage bonus kicking in. The other way around it does not, and if you do something else in between (e.g. sequence "WaterStrike", "Poke", "ElectroZap") you won't get the bonus either.

If you want to allow more time for the player to execute a combo (let's say it's okay if the player is stunned in between for a turn) you can change the number in MobWet = 1 above. Putting the value to e.g. 4 will leave the mob wet and vurnerable to electricity for 4 rounds instead of just one. etc.

Other tactics just need some creative thinking and problem solving skills. Let's say a boss mob has four small fireflies hanging around her. These don't take turns and don't do damage, but they are in fact acting as a sort of familiars and enhancing something of the bossmob. Example hitpoints, shield, invulnerabilities or give her a damage bonus. Or use of special abilities on a random interval. That are other ways to make a boss special and harder than regular mobs without necessarily raising the hitpoints. So in effect, while you CAN attack the boss mob and try to wear it down... that would be the highly ineffective way to tackle her, probably requiring you to take several potions, maybe defend, etc.

Above sample would involve again a variable, e.g. NumberOfFireFlies. Set it to 4 to indicate there are four fireflies. Give the fireflies each 1 hitpoint and if possible (and wanted) make it impossible to miss them. Each time one of them dies, reduce the variable NumberOfFireFlies by one. It's easier then to check what the value of that variable is when you want to apply the specials (such as deflecting blows, applying the special abilities granted to that boss, etc.) instead of having to check which of the additional fireflies are dead by checking their status individually.

Finally, bosses can be made interesting by giving them a 'hidden combo' that weakens them, or may even be required to beat them. If you do that, make sure to reveal that somewhere in the dungeon. E.g. there's a prisoner who knows how to beat the boss and can tell you that (like in that other game, called something like Lightningwarrior something) or maybe a writing on a wall or a piece of paper you find or a book you can buy in town telling a heroic story about someone slaying that type of mob.

That was quite a bit of reading material there. I think you may not be able to use my code samples as such (as each language is a bit different) but structurally it should make sense to you. Ah, and in comparisons you may use == instead of =. That's how it works in C++ at least. I myself use VB so I'm used to using a single =. Hopefully some of this also contained some information that you can use and that you were looking for. Again, I can't help you very well with the coding issues as I am not familiar with the structure of RPG Maker but if you can do some customization at all, this should get you somewhere I think.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Giant Post of Epic Win

Thanks for that 😀 Yeah I'm pretty sure all of those examples are possible in the game...in fact I'm using quite a bit of scripting similar to that to get certain effects.

The Combo system is a nice idea...I'll have to take a look at RPG Maker and see the easiest way to implement it, but I know it's possible.

Firefly example is a great one. It's similar to what I mentioned in my post, and I love it. Very easy one to do.

Another such example (if I may put one forth) would be setting an item to call an event which will weaken the boss, maybe inflicting a temporary or infinite "Weakened" state. Man now you've got me thinking and I'll never get to sleep! Thanks a lot! (Just kidding! I love thinking about these subjects).

Ew you use VB, I can't stand it. I prefer C++, but working with Ruby (the scripting language for RPG Maker) isn't too terrible.

Played it and liked it! 🙂 You could add the "small" monsters to do some foot tickling too. I noticed it's missing, but the "rest" is there. Very enjoyable game, I say. Just a little too many "you selected the wrong choice, now you're dead" and because I didn't save alot, I perished 😀 After that I started saving like every few mins. The ending was the sweetest if you ask me 🙂 All in all great!

What's New

10/18/2024
If you see some spam on the forum, report it with the report button on its lower left,
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back