• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The World Cup of Soccer thread

Big_Dogg85

4th Level Yellow Feather
Hey everyone,

This thread is all about the World Cup of Soccer being played right now in Germany. Talk about anything related to it: favourite team, a particular game, a dumb referee's call, a sweet goal, whatever. The World Cup is a spectacular event and I'm surprised that no one has started a thread about it yet. I'm currently watching the Argentina/Serbia game as I type this and even though they're winning 3-nil, I hope Argentina loses it all!!! :sharp_tee

Alright TTC members - let's talk some soccer/futbol!!! 😀

C'mon, ENGLAND!!

Seriously though, if they end up losing to the Germans on penalties, I'LL HANG MYSELF.

C´mon Mexico

my personal favorite: Czech Rep. and England

sorry E.U. maybe next time

the hollywood brother has not watched much of this but does not undertand why it not popular in america

FOOTBALL DAMNIT!!! XD

And personally I think England are doing...alright. Not Fantastic but not bad.

But I swear if Sven does summut to sabotage our team for his home country (Sweden), I will harm a small puppy. >_>

Last edited:
I don't normally follow the sport, but seeing as the world cup is such a big even (and there's really no escaping it), I'm supporting Germany.

For World cup games, in the past I've normally supported Ireland-coz I'm more patriotic towards Ireland than England.But seeing as Ireland aren't in it this time,I'm cheering for England.The other night I was with my mates in the pub and the match happened to be on and we didn't expect to get into it so much and by the time England scored their 1st goal, we were clapping and cheering away with the rest of the crowd.There was a guy that was sat near us and he was shouting away at the players and when England scored he was up on his chair cheering away,was so funny.And then when they scored the 2nd goal that was just unbelievable.lol.I've never been so patriotic to England in my life but it was such a great atmosphere in the pub and I wasn't even drinking coz I was driving.looking forward to the next game though.

At work we've got a world cup sweepstake,I've got Argentina for my team and if they win I'll get £32.They've also got a prize for the team that lets in the most goals-they get a wooden spoon.hehe.

Senshi said:
Ouch. >_< You know, where I come from, a wooden spoon is a sign of love, not shame. 😀

LMAO I've never heard of that before.That's a bit cheap isn't it for a present as a sign of love?What are flowers/chocs etc too expensive these days?hehehe

LOL That's probably where the custom came from. 😀 Either way, I guess it'd make an extremely convinient Valentines present to somebody.

Senshi said:
LOL That's probably where the custom came from. 😀 Either way, I guess it'd make an extremely convinient Valentines present to somebody.

haha.Yeah that's true! 😀

HOLLYWOODBROTHE said:
the hollywood brother has not watched much of this but does not undertand why it not popular in america

I think it has to do with the fact that soccer didn't originate there. I mean no offense but when it comes to popular sports in the U.S., save for NFL, the popular sports there are only very popular there and no where else in the world. The same, about a certain sport not being popular in the U.S., can be said for sports like hockey or Formula 1 racing, very popular sports worldwide, but not a very big fan contingent in the states. The States is generally Nascar, College sports, Baseball and Basketball: All somewhat popular around the world, but insanely popular in the States.

That's what I think anyway. 🙂

On thread topic: PORTUGAL AND THE "MEN IN ORANGE" ALL THE WAY!!!

I haven't watched a minute of coverage so far and doubt that I will because I just am not into Soccer. If I change my mind and watch some games I will root for the underdog teams. I know they will be lucky to advance to the second round but my favorite teams are the USA and Mexico.

I cannot believe that korea beat france! For awhile there, I really thought austrailia could beat brasil...

Ah well, C'mon US, beat Ghana!

Well a tie can be considered a defeat, baring in mind the fact that France won the whole enchilada, two cups back... They're on a downward spiral.

And I liked them too! 🙁

The Austrian Team is not qualified for the World Cup 🙁 My favourites now are Switzerland (our neighbours) and the African Teams.

Cmon Argentina 6-0 Serbia & Montenegro
This is the land of the Footballers with Hunger of Winning

ENGLAND! 🙂

Of course I'm behind England all the way, I am one of those saddo's that has flags on the car and a giant flag from the house.

I don't think England have played very well yet, but I don't think they deserve the critisism they've had from the media either. We've done enough to win both our games so far, and you have to give credit to our opponents in both of those games. They set out to stop us playing and made us work hard to win. When we meet a good side like the Argies you will see the real England.

It's coming home!

Alan1958 said:
ENGLAND! 🙂

Of course I'm behind England all the way, I am one of those saddo's that has flags on the car and a giant flag from the house.

I don't think England have played very well yet, but I don't think they deserve the critisism they've had from the media either. We've done enough to win both our games so far, and you have to give credit to our opponents in both of those games. They set out to stop us playing and made us work hard to win. When we meet a good side like the Argies you will see the real England.

It's coming home!

I actually have a joke about the England flags being on people's cars....but wouldn't want to offend anybody! 😎

do you think Ronaldo will be able to score 3 goals and break Gerd Müllers record of 14 WM-Goals?

I played a year of NCAA soccer in college, so I'm one of those rare Yankees that like the game, so I'm rooting for:

(1) USA...of course
(2) South Korea: my son's best friend was born there and adopted ny our neighbors (cleft lip/pallate and they have been during the OR thing). He's on a local select youth soccer team, so my son's rooting with him
(3) Ecuador: a couple from our church just moved there as missionaires, so we're rooting along with them!

kyhawkeye said:
I played a year of NCAA soccer in college, so I'm one of those rare Yankees that like the game, so I'm rooting for:

(1) USA...of course
(2) South Korea: my son's best friend was born there and adopted ny our neighbors (cleft lip/pallate and they have been during the OR thing). He's on a local select youth soccer team, so my son's rooting with him
(3) Ecuador: a couple from our church just moved there as missionaires, so we're rooting along with them!

Awesome ky!

I also like South Korea more as a sleeper, like last World Cup. Ecuador is really good and I'd much rather cheer for them then Germany, but the fact is that they are in Germany's group and they play them soon. (tomorrow I think) Well if any team can beat Germany...GO ECUADOR!

What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back