• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The World Cup of Soccer thread

Oh come on... Them froggies beat my Portuguese team.

LET'S GO ITALIA!!! :sigh: :sharp_tee 🙂 😀

This Sunday should be an awesome spectacle in Italy and Little Italies around the world... so I challenge everyone to stop what they're doing at 1:30PM EST on Sunday afternoon, find a TV set somewhere and watch the final game of the greatest spectacle on Earth...the World Cup of Soccer.

I was really hoping Ghana would go farther, but now that it is down to two, I originally wanted France to win...

In the Portugal-France game, it really looked like Thierry Henry dove in order for Zidane to get the penalty kick. Anyone agree or disagree?

I hate diving. Why can't people just play fair? I guess when so much is on the line, you don't care. It is easy for me to criticize.

I guess that's why so many athletes take steroids. There is so much on the line, so much pressure, you become delusional.

I guess diving is the same thing.

All that to say - May the Best Team Win!

Being italian, I'm a little biased. Go Italia! No matter what, though, it's been loads of fun to watch, despite the (at times) ridiculous refereeing!

Well well, the World Cup has come to a close and Azurri fans all around the world are celebrating victory. This whole tournament definitely had it's moments: from Maxi Rodriguez's highlight reel goal, how the final became Italy vs. France and the amount of cards that were given this tournament, especially in the Holland/Portugal game. If you have a moment to remember from this tournament, post it here. Next up will be Euro 2008 and it should be good.

Zidane Shame

I loved the final game. The only problem I had was Zidane's final act. That was no way to end such a successful career. I know for sure the other guy must have said something mean to Zidane, but that was no excuse for the headbutt. Shame. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you shouldn't be reading this thread.

Just check every news website on the internet.

Tickaler said:
I loved the final game. The only problem I had was Zidane's final act. That was no way to end such a successful career. I know for sure the other guy must have said something mean to Zidane, but that was no excuse for the headbutt. Shame. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you shouldn't be reading this thread.

Just check every news website on the internet.

I totally agree with you Tickaler and it is a shame that Zidane went out like that. He was the team's captain, he is supposed to be the epitome of composure and inspiration to his mates. What he did to Materazzi was wrong. Even if Materazzi barked something @ Zidane, that is no way for a player of his caliber and a team captain to react. After that moment, you could feel the wind being knocked out of the sails of France, especially in the shootout. (Although many of their other stars were subbed out, some due to injury, Zidane was someone who could have changed the tide of that game) As I also figured, most of the media here in Canada is saying that this game won't be remembered for Italy's win (except perhaps in the minds of the Azurri faithful) but rather the violent act committed by Zidane to end his career.

What a disgraceful way to go out... :sharp_tee

Too bad. As great as France played on that game, they appeared to have Italy on their heels most of the 2nd period. And if Zadane hadn't missed that header, the OT wouldn't have happened and no red card to mar his finale.

All people will remember him by is that headbutt. A huge shame...

Although I do agree that Zizou should not have done what he did, people are starting to talk again about racism in sport and the state of sportsmanship in general.

Although you are a professional and should be used to the taunting, how much is too much? Where do you draw the line?

And I must admit, Zidane did what I am sure a lot of us wanted to do to that really annoying person in the bar, in school, in the office. There are plenty of people in the world who need a good head butt to the chest. Maybe this Italian guy was one of them.

The difference between the guy at the bar, the office, etc. is that this was done in front of tens of thousands of people in seats, over 1 billion people around the world, on the biggest stage, in front of all the cameras... so what if Materazzi called him a terrorist or to go **** yourself or whatever. (or so the lip readers and the media tell us...)

When anyone is under a magnifying glass of that magnitude and to have the responsibility such that Zizou had... he is expected to act with class. The only thing I heard recently that, while is no excuse, does provide somewhat of an explanation is that Zizou had a history of violent acts...

big_dogg85 said:
The difference between the guy at the bar, the office, etc. is that this was done in front of tens of thousands of people in seats, over 1 billion people around the world, on the biggest stage, in front of all the cameras... so what if Materazzi called him a terrorist or to go **** yourself or whatever. (or so the lip readers and the media tell us...)

When anyone is under a magnifying glass of that magnitude and to have the responsibility such that Zizou had... he is expected to act with class. The only thing I heard recently that, while is no excuse, does provide somewhat of an explanation is that Zizou had a history of violent acts...

You are right. There is a greater responsibility when you are being watched and admired by the multitudes.

What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back