• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

ticklishsubject.com

Thanks for straightening that out venray. I'm just overly cautious about these sorts of things but it seems you guys have thought things thru quite well. I only mentioned it because like I said everyone here is really nice and I would hate to see anyone here get into any kind of trouble. My apologies for making you chew your cabbage twice.🙂

No apologies necessary K...I usually chew my cabbage about 4-5 times....easier on the digestion that way😉

Ray

I think it's a great idea having the site. I especially like the part for parents for two reasons. One, I wish my own parents had a place back in the day to view tickling in a serious and (hopefully) non-scary way. Second, I think that parents will be the ones that will really be reading everything; not to stereotype but, as was posted earlier, the site is very text based and may not hold the attention of a teenager. Who knows, I could be wrong

-Jamandi-

cookieprisoner.jpg

The site is text based, and hopefully as we get to spend some more time developing it, we will get to change that (from being too much so). However, in the interest of imparting helpful information, there are only so many ways cute cartoons are going to get the point across.

We hope that we will be able to appeal to both parents and teens, and hope both will find the site to be of interest, even if as just a jump off point to one of the sites that we link to.

Thanks for the input, Jamandi. 🙂

Some of my thoughts

I think the site should remain text based. Teens have seen plenty of tickling in the main stream and in their real lives and they are as confussed as hell about why it makes them feel different. In this case every word will be worth 1000 pictures in helping them understand what is going on inside them. It is such an insulting stereo type to think that teens have no attention span. When I was a teen I read everything from the Bible to Atlas Shrugged trying to find the answers to life's questions. Beleive me they will respect you more if your remain honest about the content and not try to distract them.

For the subject of interaction by no means should there be a forum or chat room for the simmple reason that it will attract adults posing as teens. A good way to interact with our audience is to have a Dear Abby type column. Teens e-mail you in specific questions they have and Jeff or someone answers them. The questions and our response to them are then displayed on the site.

Thank you Novus..thought about the "Dear Abby" type thing which is why we set up the email for questions. We have many members here who are experienced in the medical and education fields, some of whom have already volunteered to field questions and direct the questioner to the appropriate locations to get answers.

As for "text based"..our thought was to get as much of the site up and running as quickly as possible..being that it is an informational as opposed to entertainment site, the entry page, we feel should remain the way it is...

As we add the links to games, celebrities and other entertainment areas for the young people, new graphics will go up on the pages linked to, but we do not want to detract from the main purpose of the site itself....

Also we must keep in mind that the parents will also be viewing to see what the site is all about, and we dont wish for them to be thinking we are teaching their kids to go play and have fun as opposed to what the site was designed to do..."inform and educate"

Ray

I didn't mean to sound like I was knocking the site because it is text based. I agree that it's the best way to get the message across because like venraya said a cute cartoon can only do so much. And Novus, as a teenager I too read the entire bible and studied several philosophers to find answers to life's questions. However, I don't think that this is common, and that most teenagers will be looking online for sexual tickling related material. Furthermore, I think that this site might actually make teenagers feel more isolated because it nails the point that the tickling community is sexual and is not something that they will be able to share and contribute in "legally" until they are 18. However despite my criticism I think the site is a good idea, because even if it only gets a quick glance or hours of study from a teenager it's always more then nothing. Just my little perspective.

-Jamandi-

Jumandi, just to clarify...

While this will talk about the sexual aspects of tickling, the point will also be made that it can still be just for fun...that NOT ALL tickling has to be sexual. That may likely be where any innocent pics are shared, to drive home that point. The fact that they can still have fun without crossing the line may help to ease some of the isolation. The fact that they can't take part in conversation here or at other adult sites is something we really can't do anything about. But, that's something that we won't put them in danger to try to correct.

We're going on the "something is better than nothing" philosophy. As with ANY site, some will like it and others won't. If it helps even one person feel less "wierd" and helps them to accept themself, then we're happy.

Ann

Jamandi said:
Novus, as a teenager I too read the entire bible and studied several philosophers to find answers to life's questions. However, I don't think that this is common, and that most teenagers will be looking online for sexual tickling related material.

I think you missed the point of our target audience. They are not common. They are different. They have an abnormal thing for tickling and they feel ashamed of it. Telling them that it is OK to be different even if it is tickling will lift a huge weight from their shoulders. It is not just teens that still supress themselves it is adults too. There are thousands of lurkers out there who we can reach out to with this site. There is a thirst for knowlege in these people that desperately needs to be filled and that is why they will read it all and savor every last word.

Novus..I didnt see you at the meeting😉 but you must have been there to have summed it up so perfectly...That is EXACTLY what we are hoping to do with this site....

Thank you.😀

Ray

Oh, bravo!!!

Ladies and gentlemen,

As a teacher of 9th- through 12th- grade teenagers, I applaud any effort to disseminate sexuality education. When students confide in me, I hear that they are confused enough as it is about "conventional" sexual practices. Teens with out-of-mainstream tastes are in an even deeper quandary. The only cure for the confusion is non-judgmental dialogue facilitated by educated, sensitive, supportive adults.

I wholeheartedly and enthusiastically offer support and time for editing, or anything else that a high-school teacher of English can do.

Best,
Susan

Wow! Thanks, Susan! Feel free to drop me a note at [email protected] to discuss things. We could use some more input from teachers. I've worked with teens as a youth minister and religious educator over the years and have heard a lot. But, you get to see a lot more in a high school setting. That input could prove very helpful.

Ann

Where the hell were you guys 40 yrs ago, when I needed you?

Seriously- I'm a parent, and I'm pretty sure my younger girl (age 10) is "one of us". Sooner or later, she may start looking for places like this. I'd much rather see her going to a site like www.ticklishsubject.com than the TMF - let alone some of the other sites out there.

Good work. My hat's off to you all.

Strelnikov

40 years ago? 3'rd grade..lol...Nice to have you back..I have a 10 y/o girl as well as a 17 y/o boy...

Thanks for the kind words.........

Ray

Door 44 Productions
What's New

9/25/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum, and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back