• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Very importand!!!!SOS

eh,not really ditched,just didn't care to hear about Indians for the 50th time.We,learned mostly about the Indians and the American court system but this was just a blond moment for me lol.Please excuse me for it.

We get tired of having to learn about Anglo American history sometimes too btw, not to mention books by "Indian experts" who lump us all into a revisionit view of history without any native input and assume all of us were similar

We differ markedly, our laws (Mesoamericans) differed alot from that of say Iroquis and Cherokees, although the exception is the Southwest US as that is where the Aztec (Mexica btw) originated from as they are Uto Aztecan of ethic grouping (Nahuatl is the Aztec language, related to Comanche, Paiute and Ute)

more like,we understand that tragic events happened in the past but may we now look to the present to accomplish some problem solving before our country goes down the drain!

If we don't recognise and learn from past mistakes humanity cannot move forward

I know that and I understand we need to learn from our mistakes but right now we need to focus on some very serious problems facing our country before we go into another depression like The Great Depression.We already have starving,homeless people and it is so hard to find any kind of work right now and I think more then anything else we need to put the recession and the war in Iraq on top of the list of priorities right now as well as reform the health care and education system and legal system then we can deal with other issues on the list.

Do you really think the Recession we have now will turn into something that resembles the Great Depression? 😛

Do you really think the Recession we have now will turn into something that resembles the Great Depression? 😛

Well, you've seen her grasp of history so far. It's likely she thinks that.

Though it's very unlikely. Don't be so quick to laugh about it. Things like that can happen faster and more easily than one may expect. Though this time it's highly doubtful we'll hit that big a low. It is a reminder though that our economy is less sturdy than it sometimes looks.
If enough influential loonies and banks take risks through dubious actions or enough bad investments are made, you can cause quite an unpleasant snowball effect.

Also no need to be cruel or rude. She didn't say we were in one. She implied we might end up with something like that if we keep making the same economical mistakes.
In that regard she's not that incorrect.

Actually it's now very difficult for a full-on depression to strike the states like that. We can slip there, but we can't crash so easily. There are quite a few safeguards in place.

This isn't to say that the EU or Far East markets couldn't crash and take the whole world down with 'em.

As for our slump? Look at the late 1980s. Savings and Loan failure. Same shit then. Mid 1970s? It was WORSE then than it is now. Bush is kinda like Ford. I hope that Obama doesn't turn out like Carter.

Actually it's now very difficult for a full-on depression to strike the states like that. We can slip there, but we can't crash so easily. There are quite a few safeguards in place.

This isn't to say that the EU or Far East markets couldn't crash and take the whole world down with 'em.

As for our slump? Look at the late 1980s. Savings and Loan failure. Same shit then. Mid 1970s? It was WORSE then than it is now. Bush is kinda like Ford. I hope that Obama doesn't turn out like Carter.

True true. It's far harder. i'm not denying that. Nor saying it's likely we'll end up with a GREAT depression. But one should never deny the possibility. The fact we actually have this economical crisis is by people at the top constantly saying 'all is well! no problems here!' (especially the banks in this case). As for Europe. We're less likely to start it. But we ALWAYS suffer greatly if something happens in the US. It's kinda amusing how interlocked the two economies are. With the US being nr1, we're quite dependant of them atm.

I still have to see how recgonising a Genocide causes poverty, I'm seriously stumped as Armenia isn't asking for the US to give them a handout

I still have to see how recgonising a Genocide causes poverty, I'm seriously stumped as Armenia isn't asking for the US to give them a handout

True we just kinda got sidetracked in the discussion. In any case i doubt anyone in this thread is denying the Armenian Genocide. At worst they're unaware of it.

True we just kinda got sidetracked in the discussion. In any case i doubt anyone in this thread is denying the Armenian Genocide. At worst they're unaware of it.

No no, agreed, and I wasn't refering to you, merely calling on something that QMB said, it cannot lead to recession to recognise a Genocide, sure Turkey might be angry and they are a trade relation, but they will continue to trade because they need the US, think carefully, France recognised the Armenian Genocide and Turkey still trades with them, my point is everyone is in agreement there was a Genocide, just make a statement and say that it is recognised and then everyone and go home and enjoy a pint and chill 😉

In that case i agree. Europe just lacks the 'balls' to actually defy Turkey though. Too big on adding them and gaining quick ecomical benefits. While Turkey has far more to loose.
Heck they won't even recognize Cyprus.
Turkey bluffs from a position that is less strong than one may think. They WANT to be in Europe. Yet Europe demands little.
It's one of the reasons i'm a EU sceptic. The EU in it's current form and shape is a failure in my eyes. Not to mention anti-democratic and inefficient.

Though it's very unlikely. Don't be so quick to laugh about it. Things like that can happen faster and more easily than one may expect. Though this time it's highly doubtful we'll hit that big a low. It is a reminder though that our economy is less sturdy than it sometimes looks.
If enough influential loonies and banks take risks through dubious actions or enough bad investments are made, you can cause quite an unpleasant snowball effect.

Also no need to be cruel or rude. She didn't say we were in one. She implied we might end up with something like that if we keep making the same economical mistakes.
In that regard she's not that incorrect.

My apologies, didn't mean to come across as rude. My profession is with finances, economy and accounting and I tend to laugh at people who think we're heading for another great depression. I'm not 100% clear on the American economy as it stands today, but I know the views of the British Recession are being blown out of proportion at the moment. Yes, it's bad but it's no where near as bad as the majority thinks and it's definitely not soon heading for "Great Depression" standards. To achieve such a result, it would require cataclysmic failure of the Countries financial system and that is no where in sight.

People just need to stop complaining and let it pass. Recession is an inevitable part of the economic cycle. There's no point worrying so much as to completely ignore the deaths of many... in a sense, that is kinda heartless. =/

No,recognizing it won't but we need to focus on the problems in our country before we focus on the smaller issues.Recognizing a genocide is a very small thing to bother Congress and the president with.I want them to focus on our economy and the war going on and fixing our school and legal systems right now not a slaughter that happened ages ago.I really don't care what you call it,I just don't want that to be a problem we worry about right now;maybe later when our country is stable.

No,recognizing it won't but we need to focus on the problems in our country before we focus on the smaller issues.Recognizing a genocide is a very small thing to bother Congress and the president with.I want them to focus on our economy and the war going on and fixing our school and legal systems right now not a slaughter that happened ages ago.I really don't care what you call it,I just don't want that to be a problem we worry about right now;maybe later when our country is stable.

Marie, why don't you go ahead and retire from this discussion? Your viewpoint is well known. Please just move on so that the conversation can move on as well.

Marie, why don't you go ahead and retire from this discussion? Your viewpoint is well known. Please just move on so that the conversation can move on as well.

because RedMan doesn't seem to get it.I didn't know if anyone else got it or not.I'm not trying to annoy anyone though I inevitably do.

I wouldn't call a genocide a 'small issue'. And i'm a pragmatic imperialist when it comes to foreign policies. Though i see where you're getting at with the 'focus on other matters'.
Ironically though the US is pushing on the other hand for Europe to allow Turkey into the E.U. despite the non recognized genocide (and some other dubious moral issues). Given the fact the US is big on proclaiming how it's moral virtues are superior to dubious states like Iraq, Turkey and the likes, don't you think that's a bit hypocrite?

Last edited:
I don't get how its an effort thats all, and as to current politics, you don't think it affects politics, right now Turkey can blockade Armenia till they admit the "terrible lie" that they were doing, they are dictating foreign policy as Darth said to you

I give you another example, our foreign minister (Mexican) to your country (US) is...Arturo Sarukhan, an Armenian, one of your leaders, Paul Ignatius, an Armenian, this issue blatantly affects them and the way Armenians in the diaspora are treated

Due to the economic blockade,more and more Armenians leave Armenia,
now wrap your mind around this quickly, Turkey is a centre for international human trafficking, where there are on the street Armenian women, tricked into leaving their homeland to work as waitress or whatever, drugged and then used as a prostitute, I'd rather not say what some Turkish men do to them

My point is, do you really wanna side with a country that allows all of this?

Is it that hard to say, "we recognise" and stop support Turkey a country who basically is fascist, so that Armenians, Kurds, Greeks, Arabs, Persians and Assyrians finally can have some form of equality

Also I'm not judging Turks as people, America also committed Genocide, so can it be argued did the English towards the Irish if you look at the An Gorta Mor, but Turkey did one recently as is still doing the same to Kurds, if we fail to recognise Genocide, we in turn complete the Genocide by forgetting it and removing that part of history

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back