• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

[VX Ace]Lala's Ordeal II - Ticklers of Queens

I feel like I have to be a homer here and defend my favorite game, so bear with me.

Although unfinished, ToG probably does set the bar on what TRPG's should do. It should have actual game mechanics, it should have a decent plot, it should have great characters (ESPECIALLY villains) and above all, the quality of writing has to be high when there is considerably little "on-screen graphic" tickling. The reason why I rate it higher than classic like CC or Screamer's excellent KP is that the writing is just so good. It might actually be the best tickle-writing I've seen anywhere, even in the stories section here.

Of course, feel free to disagree. Just voicing my opinion.

Ok, but you have to consider that Screamer is an Italian motherlanguage, not an English one!
You played the TRANSLATE and ADAPTED version of his previous game, and not the ORIGINAL one. That may influence your being the judge of the question...

It's like reading Dante's "Inferno" tranlated into English and than say "It's good, but I still prefer Shakespear"... you should be able to read it into Italian, to compare it to a Shakespear's work... gotcha? Ok, it's a little bit impegnative comparation, I know... 😉 It was just to get the idea!

Moreover, I recognize that ToG has got a much more complessed script that Screamer's works, that are easier... but that was the intention!
ToG is still incomplete because the project was just too ambitious! DeusexProcella made a fantastic work, but the took YEARS for makin' the first 5 (or 4?) part of the project... in the meantime, his life changed, he finishing studying, and get married and get a job... so now we've a great, but unfinished, game!

The intention of Screamer is just to entartain us, so he works on to projects he know he can finish in some months... so he won't disappoint us!
I think this are the motivation of Screamer... he can certainly speak for his self! 😉

(By the way, I consider Tower of Gargalesis a great game, and, if it would be finished, probably the greatest of all... I enjoyed so much how the script turno out suddently after you beat the spider-girl, it was just stunning!! And not to mention the great "The Labyrinth of Laughter", that unfortunaly wasn't translated any more... I loved it! 🙁 ).

Ok, but you have to consider that Screamer is an Italian motherlanguage, not an English one!
You played the TRANSLATE and ADAPTED version of his previous game, and not the ORIGINAL one. That may influence your being the judge of the question...

It's like reading Dante's "Inferno" tranlated into English and than say "It's good, but I still prefer Shakespear"... you should be able to read it into Italian, to compare it to a Shakespear's work... gotcha? Ok, it's a little bit impegnative comparation, I know... 😉 It was just to get the idea!

Moreover, I recognize that ToG has got a much more complessed script that Screamer's works, that are easier... but that was the intention!
ToG is still incomplete because the project was just too ambitious! DeusexProcella made a fantastic work, but the took YEARS for makin' the first 5 (or 4?) part of the project... in the meantime, his life changed, he finishing studying, and get married and get a job... so now we've a great, but unfinished, game!

The intention of Screamer is just to entartain us, so he works on to projects he know he can finish in some months... so he won't disappoint us!
I think this are the motivation of Screamer... he can certainly speak for his self! 😉

(By the way, I consider Tower of Gargalesis a great game, and, if it would be finished, probably the greatest of all... I enjoyed so much how the script turno out suddently after you beat the spider-girl, it was just stunning!! And not to mention the great "The Labyrinth of Laughter", that unfortunaly wasn't translated any more... I loved it! 🙁 ).

Hey, I loved Dante's Divine Comedy! Though it makes me really sad that I cannot read Italian and read it in its 'natural tongue'. The circles of hell were really imaginative. Especially what happens to fortune-tellers and people who commit suicide. Just wow. How do you come up with something like that. Fyi, I think both Shakespeare and Dante are awesome. Based on THE IDEAS they had in their plays/stories/poems/etc.

But I think I'm going off topic.

Hey, I'm never gonna diss Screamer, because I'm sure the whole community and everyone who plays his game is super duper grateful for what he does. And I'm no exception, I totally love Screamer for what he's doing. But I'm just saying that out of all the TRPG's I've played, the one I think is the best is ToG, and I think it would be awesome if more games tried to emulate the 'style' of ToG. It's not a knock on Screamer, it's just ToG is that good IMO.

I admit, I'm super biased here, as I love good writing and that's what I look for. Not saying Screamer's games aren't awesome, just that I like the style that ToG went with more.

Ok ok gotcha...

But if ALL the games would have be like ToG, it would have ADD or TOOK SOMETHING OFF??

I feel like I have to be a homer here and defend my favorite game, so bear with me.

Although unfinished, ToG probably does set the bar on what TRPG's should do. It should have actual game mechanics, it should have a decent plot, it should have great characters (ESPECIALLY villains) and above all, the quality of writing has to be high when there is considerably little "on-screen graphic" tickling. The reason why I rate it higher than classic like CC or Screamer's excellent KP is that the writing is just so good. It might actually be the best tickle-writing I've seen anywhere, even in the stories section here.

Of course, feel free to disagree.
Don't mind if I do.

ToG's writing was top tier. (Next best was, IMO, LoL.) However, its mechanics fell far short of their mark. The juice system's ultimate result was punishing players for not being an ideal level. The class system needed a lot of time and effort to balance (which never happened). I wouldn't be surprised if the mechanical ambition was what killed ToG, which is a shame, because again, the writing in it was great.

I'd have much preferred Deus spent more time writing and fleshing out the world/characters than spending hours upon hours fine-tuning minutiae for some class I won't ever play, because Slayer/Mage gets me to the meat faster.

(Another thing it screwed up, IMO, was tying the classes' weak spots to their mechanics. Separate crunch from fluff wherever possible, people.)

Something that ToG nailed that some other games missed: it described scenes in detail. Stuff like "*tickle tickle*" followed by "hahaha" is repetitive, bland, and lazy.

On the flip side, Lala's Ordeal was mechanically superior to ToG and KP, because it was straight-forward, finely tuned (up until that fight on the boat, I guess), and—above all else—actually understood the type of game that it was (read: fap game, not a Tri-Ace lab production).

This is a bad analogy. Translation can lose how cleverly something is phrased. It does not, generally, throw out the content itself. The issue that was being expressed above is that ToG goes into beautiful detail of what's happening during an encounter, whereas some other games neglect that level of detail.

No one is saying, "Screamer, you word things clumsily." They're saying, "Screamer, tell us more!"

Last edited:
Don't mind if I do.

ToG's writing was top tier. (Next best was, IMO, LoL.) However, its mechanics fell far short of their mark. The juice system's ultimate result was punishing players for not being an ideal level. The class system needed a lot of time and effort to balance (which never happened). I wouldn't be surprised if the mechanical ambition was what killed ToG, which is a shame, because again, the writing in it was great.

I'd have much preferred Deus spent more time writing and fleshing out the world/characters than spending hours upon hours fine-tuning minutiae for some class I won't ever play, because Slayer/Mage gets me to the meat faster.

(Another thing it screwed up, IMO, was tying the classes' weak spots to their mechanics. Separate crunch from fluff wherever possible, people.)

Something that ToG nailed that some other games missed: it described scenes in detail. Stuff like "*tickle tickle*" followed by "hahaha" is repetitive, bland, and lazy.

On the flip side, Lala's Ordeal was mechanically superior to ToG and KP, because it was straight-forward, finely tuned (up until that fight on the boat, I guess), and—above all else—actually understood the type of game that it was (read: fap game, not a Tri-Ace lab production).

This is a bad analogy. Translation can lose how cleverly something is phrased. It does not, generally, throw out the content itself. The issue that was being expressed above is that ToG goes into beautiful detail of what's happening during an encounter, whereas some other games neglect that level of detail.

No one is saying, "Screamer, you word things clumsily." They're saying, "Screamer, tell us more!"

Hi Lurky! Glad you could join this lively debate!

Deus was probably if not certainly overly ambitious in what he was trying to do, and myself only played through the whole game as a Mage and a Thief. I'm sure others would disagree with me, but I'd rather see an ambitious, long, unfinished game, than an undaring, short, completed one. Besides, it's better to have more ambitious games than games that don't take chances, no? If every new TRPG was a Cackling Cave clone then it'd be dull, no?

Being willing to do things other people wouldn't consider. I like the sound of that, don't you?

Just couldn't agree with you more on this. I like to say sometimes I have a fetish for good writing. And so it makes me sad when I play a TRPG and only get rewarded with a line of vague tickling descriptions having vanquished some evil (yet sexy) villainess.

But yes, and I agree with you one hundred percent on that last line. We all just want more delicious delicious details sometimes! Hehe, I don't know if it's really possible to have too many tickling details really XD

TELL US MOAR SCREAMER 😀

acjCi.gif

Damn you guys and your high expectations and makin us do more work because we worry we won't please you and we wanna raise bars! Rah-dah rah-dah rah-dah!

Don't mind if I do.

The juice system wasn't the problem. Hell, the juice system is what helped make the game doable! The problem was a scaling mechanic that wasn't properly balanced (there really should've been a limit to how far enemies scaled, particularly enemies that you met at the start of the game. Tickle Faeries should NOT be able to take 1/6 of your life at level 14 and max gear). It created a limit to what the player could do - you had a specific range to what you could play at, without notice, and outside that range you were F'd! The farther you were away from that range, the harder the game was to the point you could destroy all future progress due to overleveling.

I argue with you on the class system. What...was the problem? I felt many classes were "balanced" to a degree; not as badly as you make it sound.

Thought fine tuning/balancing was what you said was poor 😉 Yet you wish he'd have balanced less and done more story? Wires are crossing right there. But no, Mage was quite grueling until you got Spaz. And THANKFULLY she scaled to some degree based on your difficulty, because DwtD mode would have been impossible if she was as weak as normal mode's (I honestly didn't find her useful in that mode).

I have no clue what you mean on class' weak spots tied in with their mechanics. Are you upset that a class had one designated 100% weak spot?

This...This right here. THIS - RIGHT - HERE! This is what makes me skip most scenes in Jap tickle RPG's. Well, not "skip", but flick through them. Because this is almost entirely what the majority are. Ugh... It's what also can ruin a great story on something like Writing.com (you've got a good writer who will do practically 3 pages of story, and then the next choice gets you 3 sentences that a kindergartner could have written).

Hi Lurky! Glad you could join this lively debate

Heh, I wonder if you're mistaking Lurk(a) for Lurker. Not the same person.

Ah, I still remember when we first got LO. Playing through the game, it was new and exciting. Someone else made a tickling RPG and it wasn't from the TT! And then we got to the ending... what a lousy ending. It was terrible. Ruined practically the whole damn game.

...And then... something weird happened. Something unexpected...

...The creator himself came to us. Made an account and spoke to us. Changed the ending to one much more satisfying. How strange it was; for most of us thought he only spoke Italian and couldn't communicate with anyone but Xtreme. Such a shocker it was, and such a momentus occasion. With Screamer joining our leagues, it lit a fire - a search for tickle games began, TT gained a brand new forum dedicated solely to tickling games, and what's more we now begin to have other creators in TT making games of their own. Screamer began making more games - MOAR GAYMS! It's like we now have a supplier of drugs; we just gotta have the next Screamer title or our addiction will drive us mad!

-wipes a tear from my eye- Twas a great time indeed.

The juice system wasn't the problem. Hell, the juice system is what helped make the game doable!
Here's why the juice system was shit. Say you get a new potion at level 5. It heals like 80% of your life.
Then you level up to 6 it drops to 65%
...then at 7, it drops to 50%...
...then at 8, it heals 35%.
At level 9, you get access to a new kind of juice, and you're back at 80%. The cycle repeats.

If you fight a boss at level 8, you're utterly fucked because now you have to spend 3 turns spamming potions to offset boss damage. This means you attack once per every 4 rounds, or 1/4 of the time. If you went in at level 5, you'd be attacking 1/2 or 2/3 of the time.

A %-based potion (e.g. 75% health returned) would have also scaled, but been less clumsy. Yes, it would almost certainly trivialize the potion cost, but IMO a potion system should be more about action economy (D&D term) than it should be about grinding money.

The problem was a scaling mechanic that wasn't properly balanced (there really should've been a limit to how far enemies scaled, particularly enemies that you met at the start of the game. Tickle Faeries should NOT be able to take 1/6 of your life at level 14 and max gear). It created a limit to what the player could do - you had a specific range to what you could play at, without notice, and outside that range you were F'd! The farther you were away from that range, the harder the game was to the point you could destroy all future progress due to overleveling.
I could tolerate mobs taking a fixed % of my HP at any given level, provided that progression in the game's mechanics introduced mitigating factors (which ToG didn't). One example would be having some changes in the action economy (e.g. act 2+ times per turn) or having new abilities that negate attacks, drain life, or whatever. I'm not saying I want these things in the game; I'm saying that when you have mobs whose numbers keep up with yours, but you don't get anything new or cool that makes you able to shit on them wholesale, you don't feel like you're getting more powerful.

But yeah, the playable level range in ToG was small. It felt awful. Thanks, juice system.

I argue with you on the class system. What...was the problem? I felt many classes were "balanced" to a degree; not as badly as you make it sound.
Thought fine tuning/balancing was what you said was poor 😉 Yet you wish he'd have balanced less and done more story?
The bottom line is that I don't think he should have bothered putting in that many classes to begin with. The less you introduce, the less you have to balance.

Last edited:
acjCi.gif

Ah, I still remember when we first got LO. Playing through the game, it was new and exciting. Someone else made a tickling RPG and it wasn't from the TT! And then we got to the ending... what a lousy ending. It was terrible. Ruined practically the whole damn game.

...The creator himself came to us. Made an account and spoke to us. Changed the ending to one much more satisfying. How strange it was; for most of us thought he only spoke Italian and couldn't communicate with anyone but Xtreme. Such a shocker it was, and such a momentus occasion. With Screamer joining our leagues, it lit a fire - a search for tickle games began, TT gained a brand new forum dedicated solely to tickling games, and what's more we now begin to have other creators in TT making games of their own. Screamer began making more games - MOAR GAYMS! It's like we now have a supplier of drugs; we just gotta have the next Screamer title or our addiction will drive us mad!

The honor is mine! :brofist:

acjCi.gif

Damn you guys and your high expectations and makin us do more work because we worry we won't please you and we wanna raise bars! Rah-dah rah-dah rah-dah!

The juice system wasn't the problem. Hell, the juice system is what helped make the game doable! The problem was a scaling mechanic that wasn't properly balanced (there really should've been a limit to how far enemies scaled, particularly enemies that you met at the start of the game. Tickle Faeries should NOT be able to take 1/6 of your life at level 14 and max gear). It created a limit to what the player could do - you had a specific range to what you could play at, without notice, and outside that range you were F'd! The farther you were away from that range, the harder the game was to the point you could destroy all future progress due to overleveling.

Thought fine tuning/balancing was what you said was poor 😉 Yet you wish he'd have balanced less and done more story? Wires are crossing right there. But no, Mage was quite grueling until you got Spaz. And THANKFULLY she scaled to some degree based on your difficulty, because DwtD mode would have been impossible if she was as weak as normal mode's (I honestly didn't find her useful in that mode).

I have no clue what you mean on class' weak spots tied in with their mechanics. Are you upset that a class had one designated 100% weak spot?

This...This right here. THIS - RIGHT - HERE! This is what makes me skip most scenes in Jap tickle RPG's. Well, not "skip", but flick through them. Because this is almost entirely what the majority are. Ugh... It's what also can ruin a great story on something like Writing.com (you've got a good writer who will do practically 3 pages of story, and then the next choice gets you 3 sentences that a kindergartner could have written).

Heh, I wonder if you're mistaking Lurk(a) for Lurker. Not the same person.

I think the main problem was that if you didn't come on these forums then you had no real chance of finishing the game. I remember the first time I played I was googling all the time because I honestly had not clue what I was supposed to be doing (evidently, I'm not a very good gamer) and the way you would be punished for overleveling was just brutal. And if you put your skill points in the wrong places you would be massively screwed.

The main problem with ToG, IMO, was that it was terribly, terribly unforgiving. (God forbid you didn't do use multiple save slots!)

I don't know about class imbalance however, though I only played through as Thief and Mage so I can't really say.

Hehe, and I just like called Lurk, Lurky. I know who he is (I did comment a few times about his game, after all XD)

But yes. YAY FOR MOAR GAMES! I think someone else said it perfectly already, we're just saying we players would be mighty grateful to see better tickling descriptions sometimes.

P.S. And that McDonald's thing is hilarious. Where's that from?

Glad I could help. XD And yes Screamer is awesome.

And when you describe the ending like that, it's like Screamer did a better job at handling ending problems than Bioware did with their game 😛

Last edited:
better job at handling ending problems than Bioware did with their game 😛

I shudder to remember that. The silent fury radiating off my friend from it made me think that 2012 really was the end of all days! 😱

And what's this of a NEW ending? I remember the one I got was the waking up on a ship after tickling the goddess of tickling into...well, conceding. (STILL SAY I WON) Was that the new or old one?

Just to echo the above, consider me on the "Screamer is awesome" boat.

Hehe, and I just like called Lurk, Lurky. I know who he is (I did comment a few times about his game, after all XD)
I've never made a game. I translated Tickle Mansion and helped translate a little bit of KP, though. Both of those were made by Screamer.

How about puting in a "SAW" style trap (tickling instead of pain of course) in the game.

Screamer is awesome indeed. More people are dpoing games now and I'm pretty sure that it's his "fault" for that xD (Thoug, credit to those who deserve it, it was Deus that REALLY started all this, as broken as ToG can be)

Just to echo the above, consider me on the "Screamer is awesome" boat.

I've never made a game. I translated Tickle Mansion and helped translate a little bit of KP, though. Both of those were made by Screamer.

Well, fuck. I can't believe there's a guy called Lurk AND a guy called Lurker. Apologies.

What are the odds? C'mon, people, you need more imaginative distinctive names!

Actually, if memory serves (Which it usually doesn't in my case 😛) Cackling Cave started this glorious trend. It has certainly evolved since then, though. Games that are much longer and well versed have popped up (Screamers works work a perfect example) and is continuing to do so.

Well, fuck. I can't believe there's a guy called Lurk AND a guy called Lurker. Apologies.

What are the odds? C'mon, people, you need more imaginative distinctive names!
Time to PM a mod and ask them to change my handle to DaveyJones!

Finally finished LO yesterday. I kinda got to all these newer games late, playing KP first, lol. I'm very excited to see how this story continues! Thank you, very much!

Update!

-Game is now 70% complete.
-Expect different encounters for every island!
-You may escape frome almost every battle, but you won't improve Lala & Nenè this way...
-There's a room where...you CAN'T pass!!
-Do you remember the psychologist in the first game??Well...

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back