• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

[VX Ace] The Laughing Isles

He had me at the dancing girls. lol

Hmm, VX Ace looks really good. It's like going from NES to SNES in terms of graphics.

Yah, mule, YAH!!! Work faster! Work harder!! This is starting to look and sound so good, I want it yesterday. Don't make me get Dae after you again.

I'm workin as fast as I caaan :cry Well, ok, I COULD be doing it faster `,`

....you had me at nuns AW....:cry

-rests hand on shoulder- Dae, I'm so glad you approve. Can you imagine? Nuns...Nuns everywhere my friend...laughing in sexy, ticklish glee...the way it should be.

He had me at the dancing girls. lol

Hmm, VX Ace looks really good. It's like going from NES to SNES in terms of graphics.

miQw5.jpg

Ara ara. You belly lovers seem to have an unconscious control over me. I keep making all this UB stuff. Then again, I've all seen what you react to in the past - so it's easy to know what buttons I need to push to get you drooling. :lol Enjoy while you can, because I've been secretly gathering a ton of foot-focused pics.

I do believe VX and VX Ace never had a graphic overhaul. They're the exact same in that department. Still quite beautiful to look at, if a bit...square...and chibish.

Ugh...oh dear... I think I'm sleepMaker'ing. Yesterday I opened up the file to find all these tiles had been laid out in the environment, from different tilesets. Barrels on top of walls, piles of gold laying all over for no reason, apparently clovers looking good just randomly placed in a cave. Either that or something "fun" is happening with my hard drive. Oddly it was only on the one map I had been working on the previous night.
Unlockable Dream Map. :3

Lol, it's only been in the first dungeon and they're just really, really simple "puzzles". ToG has better ones in the Snow Woman levels. Of course, they're meant to be simple - it's the first dungeon after all (and it is a fetish game 😛)
Hopefully we've got more difficulty curves than spikes. ^^

Yea, awkward and sad. Thankfully it wasn't ANYWHERE as depressing as Rin's. Ugh...why did the foot-centric artist have to turn out like that -rubs forehead- Though at least there wasn't anything as shocking as Hanako's Bad End (amusingly the first end I got and kept getting until I went a ways back in my save files).

No, he is still plenty crazy lol. But it's the hilarious, deep kind of crazy that at times makes you nod your head in agreement.
Yea, quite awkward. For you maybe. I definitely don't see her as that lol. Maybe if they kept the old version of her, yea. After Act 1? No, can't see that at all. Best if I don't see it either lol (not like I haven't liked some incestuous relationships in anime).
Cause your tears sustain them.

Bro-crazy. 😀
Well Emi isn't the little sister type if you're taking her route. That's just the friendship preconception I get. lol

:scared Urrmmm~ No, sadly I have not-NOTTHEFACE! -cringe and covers-
My current plan is to awkwardly have their base faces be done via the face generator in VX Ace, then create emotion sheets in Photoshop by making up facial/mouth/eye expressions, and having full portraits of them hand-drawn by me.

Anyways, no, no template. I make my characters up entirely from scratch, if that's what you're asking, though I do look at inspiration/references to help build ideas (but then EVERY artist does this, don't ever believe them if they say otherwise). 2 are of existing races, one is of an existing but modified race, 1 isn't really a race per se but I guess pre-existing, and the last is probably a race I'm just making up now as I never found examples online.
I see, I see, no shame in that. So you're playing with different expressions?

One isn't really a race but it's pre-existing?
Darn speculation. 😛

Ultros strictly as a ler.:lol

Ah, you are right Dae! How simple-minded of me to think you'd ever tickle Ultros. If he were ever to be used, clearly he'd be an encounter you don't want to tickle you. You'd either get away, drop him down a pit, or get caught and enjoy spending eternity (or until you break) being tickled out of your mind.

So a Scylla?

-taps nose- Yes. Well, no, but close to it. Depends. Y'know what, let's just say Octo-girl. Sounds better, and makes people think less of women with octopus legs and dog heads coming out of her crotch. :lol Well, that, or some monster that has multiple heads of nothing more than razor sharp teeth.

Unlockable Dream Map. :3

cQeQs.gif

-scribbles down some notes-

Hopefully we've got more difficulty curves than spikes. ^^

I do want the game to be more than a joyride, but I'm not looking to make the thing really hard. It's supposed to be enjoyable, not a game where every random encounter on the map leaves you critically injured(not pointing fingers at anything specific here).

That's not to say that the game won't be hard under certain conditions. If you decide to go the whole game without adding a single girl, yea it's gonna be damn brutal after the "Party Forming" stage. Thankfully it won't be as bad around each girl encounter area, since remember what we discussed: they'll temporarily join your party 🙂 So at the very least you'll be have a temp 2-person party during that time.

Cause your tears sustain them.

Bro-crazy. 😀
Well Emi isn't the little sister type if you're taking her route. That's just the friendship preconception I get. lol

LOL! Ah, goodness I love that. Amusingly, that's really what happened, and still does happen to everybody 😀 Damn good VN. Damn freakin good.

Ah, ok. If you're saying it like that, then yes Emi was like a little sis in other routes. DEFINITELY not in her route :stickout I mean, that's not to say there aren't little sisters out there who are like that, but she definitely doesn't fit if you try for her lol.

I see, I see, no shame in that. So you're playing with different expressions?

One isn't really a race but it's pre-existing?
Darn speculation. 😛

-points to the Plump Slime- :huh

Yes, expressions are going to be in the game. It'll add a little more character and emotion for scenes. It's one of the many things I like in LoL; the characters talk and their faces showed emotion.

Speculation that will eventually come to light! 😀 Can't leave you guys hanging forever. But yea, one isn't really a race. More like a type I guess. Dunno what to describe it at the moment since my brain is taking a break lol.

And the clouds did part, and there was much happiness to be had! For Bezzy was there, and all were glad!

Twas a busy weekend for me, but we managed to squeeze a few questions in (though I DID say I'd pick and choose if she started to get a lot - so thanks guys for supporting and enjoying the Ask Bezzy segments!)

This weekend we have Reogen and Zerous (who asked the same thing lol) and Carnivore, who got Bezzy upset. Lol looks like you found some buttons that don't make her laugh when pushed. I had to bake her a plate of cookies after the interview. Thanks. You owe me $3.98 + tax. :stickout Needless to say she wasn't in the mood for further questions afterwards.

Unanswered questions currently:

Xtreme
Ultra Viper

Don't worry you two, you'll get your answers next weekend.

^ What he said, me thinks Bezzy might have a rival Boomboxer in mind 😛

Dang, keeping up with this thread is hard :blink. It grows like our unstoppable hunger for the game, I guess 😛

First of all, I'm loooooooooooving the screenshots. The ones with the slime girl looks amazing. The use of facial expressions adds a lot to the dialogs in something like an RPG, not to mention that all of that light-blue chubiness looks just great :lol. Also, that makes me wonder, what will the "Curl-Up" function do? Will it be like a "resist" mode, where you brace yourself to stand the coming tickles, or more like "I give up, take me!" mode like the Surrendering in TOG?
The avatar for that character looks great too. If that will be our main character, it'll be a delight to see her laughing 😀
As for those maps, they look like they take some serious work. Something that's been great in TOG and in Screamer's games is the fact that there are different locations, each one holding its own "secrets" and "features", which seems to be the case here. Speaking of which... "The Temple of Joy"... hmmmmm, I wonder what makes it so joyful. We'll see, I guess 😛

And I just KNEW that I couldn't be the only one with more than fond memories for the Bonus Dungeon at the end of the Cackling Cave. Personally I always thought that what was great about it was that there were both a tickler and a ticklee dungeon (not to mention new scenes that you didn't get in the game). In TCC both were awesome, but I allways thought that the 'lee one had some really more inspired scenes.
I know that this is your project and all (duh) but that may be a part where some of us could collaborate, since it's just writing scenes that not necessarily had to do with the story of the game. I remember Deus asking for some help for the last updates on that matter, and it turned out fine as I remember.

Ah, Bezzy... Not only you're a tease extraordinaire, you seem to have quite some personality as well. Which makes me wonder... in case of encountering yourself in a dungeon where aaaaaaall the rest of the character from the game are... would you rather be the tickler or the ticklee? And why?

Oh, and I almost forgot! You're releasing a freaking DEMO first?! AWESOOOOOOOOME!!! I hate to ask about dates, but... WHEN?!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.
Looking forward to more updates. Keep the awesomeness coming! :lol

I too have a question for Bezzy!

*puts on monocle*

Does listening to different genres of music put you in different kinds of moods or states? And what are your favorite music 3 genres?

GAH! Bezzy is teasing us belly and button lovers again! If she keeps this up that button will recieve no mercy!!

<.<
>.>
:sweatdrop:

*ahem* Anyway, good to know my question will be answered. On this topic, for me for the time being, it's Diablo 3.

Probably immaterial to this project, but it could potentially be fun if different genres of music acted as different stances/forms. E.g., changes to stats or skill availability.

^ That second comic was hilarious.

^ What he said, me thinks Bezzy might have a rival Boomboxer in mind 😛

😀 Wow, didn't think anyone would care about a non-tease Bezzy comic lol.

Rival you say? :teehee:
Of course you have to remember the Boomboxer race can't compare in height and endowment to most other races, so there's bound to be some breast and height envy in certain individuals.

Ahem...and just between you and me, Bezzy might've been stretching the truth on some of those declarations lol.

First of all, I'm loooooooooooving the screenshots. The ones with the slime girl looks amazing. The use of facial expressions adds a lot to the dialogs in something like an RPG, not to mention that all of that light-blue chubiness looks just great :lol. Also, that makes me wonder, what will the "Curl-Up" function do? Will it be like a "resist" mode, where you brace yourself to stand the coming tickles, or more like "I give up, take me!" mode like the Surrendering in TOG?

😀 Glad you're loving the screenshots! More will come as I get more done (though you'll be limited since I'm not showing you the whole game 😉)
Glad you like the Plump Slime too! Isn't she just so cute and happy? Jus wanna pinch her here and there. I've got a fun little thing planned for her that I'm sure you'll all enjoy.

Curl-Up is indeed TLI's "Defend" function. Seemed the proper thing to name since most people, when tickled, tend to scrunch and curl up to block vulnerable spots. I do currently have a Surrender skill like ToG, but it'll probably be taken out before release since I feel it might be too clunky for my game (Nadya turns to the party and goes, "OK GUYS! We're gonna just lose on purpose and get tickled out of our minds forever. K?") Not to say I didn't love the option in ToG (again, pre-Twin's Book and system revamp I had only an Adventurer), but it was always just the hero who went submissive and not a whole party.

The avatar for that character looks great too. If that will be our main character, it'll be a delight to see her laughing 😀
As for those maps, they look like they take some serious work. Something that's been great in TOG and in Screamer's games is the fact that there are different locations, each one holding its own "secrets" and "features", which seems to be the case here. Speaking of which... "The Temple of Joy"... hmmmmm, I wonder what makes it so joyful. We'll see, I guess 😛

Well thanks, but you haven't even seen Nadya's full portrait yet lol. She'll be tickled, oh yes indeed, but the choice will often be up to you whether she is tormented or not.

Not sure what you mean on them taking some serious work. You mean to navigate? Shouldn't be too bad, but I do have secrets already in a few of them. Dungeons in particular are best for secrets.

As for the temple of joy - well - :teehee: you'll just have to play the game now, won't you?

And I just KNEW that I couldn't be the only one with more than fond memories for the Bonus Dungeon at the end of the Cackling Cave. Personally I always thought that what was great about it was that there were both a tickler and a ticklee dungeon (not to mention new scenes that you didn't get in the game). In TCC both were awesome, but I allways thought that the 'lee one had some really more inspired scenes.

Well, It's pretty much a given now that TLI will have the this bonus for everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if every game from now on has it since it has a good bit of support from the community.

I know that this is your project and all (duh) but that may be a part where some of us could collaborate, since it's just writing scenes that not necessarily had to do with the story of the game. I remember Deus asking for some help for the last updates on that matter, and it turned out fine as I remember.

6mWTe.jpg

No, I'm good, thanks for the offer. Don't really need help writing anything haha. Would hate to have one scene be a small story in itself, and another be 3 paragraphs of KOOTCHIE KOO and HAHAHAHAHA NO STOP HAHAHAHA. At the very least, all writing will match and be uniformly bad or good lol.

But you know what? How about I pull a Screamer and ask you guys what scenes or events or whatever you'd like in TLI. Because I thought that was really, really awesome of him to ask the community for things to add.

So what sort of scenarios would you guys like - within reason? Most environments have already been decided and can encompass a lot of scenes, HOWEVER - please note that Illusia isn't technologically advanced anywhere. Medieval would be good. You'll have things like wooden ships, stocks, castles, trap doors and of course magic, but you won't have electronic tickle machines, hover cars or refrigerators to store whipped cream 😛

Ah, Bezzy... Not only you're a tease extraordinaire, you seem to have quite some personality as well. Which makes me wonder... in case of encountering yourself in a dungeon where aaaaaaall the rest of the character from the game are... would you rather be the tickler or the ticklee? And why?

Sounds like a question to Bezzy. I'll add this to the ever growing pile!

Oh, and I almost forgot! You're releasing a freaking DEMO first?! AWESOOOOOOOOME!!! I hate to ask about dates, but... WHEN?!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.
Looking forward to more updates. Keep the awesomeness coming! :lol

Yes, I'm working on the demo portion right now. It will be released Soon™.
I will give fair warning and say the demo will NOT include the party-making phase (and thus no private events). Though you might see a girl or two for another tease hehe.

I too have a question for Bezzy!

*puts on monocle*

Does listening to different genres of music put you in different kinds of moods or states? And what are your favorite music 3 genres?

Alright, got this one to add too. Bezzy sure is popular now, huh? :lol

GAH! Bezzy is teasing us belly and button lovers again! If she keeps this up that button will recieve no mercy!!

<.<
>.>
:sweatdrop:

*ahem* Anyway, good to know my question will be answered. On this topic, for me for the time being, it's Diablo 3.

Bezzy teases everyone with EVERYTHING 😉 Seems a lot of people want her tickled out of her mind now, too. Particularly with them doing the tickling.

Probably immaterial to this project, but it could potentially be fun if different genres of music acted as different stances/forms. E.g., changes to stats or skill availability.

:confused Hrrmm...Eh? What on earth are you talkin about Lurk(a)? Ya lost me on this one. You want stat changes to change the battle music?

:confused Hrrmm...Eh? What on earth are you talkin about Lurk(a)? Ya lost me on this one. You want stat changes to change the battle music?
Nah. I'm referring a general trope/mechanic in video games. This will be familiar if you've played Soul Calibur 2 (where Raphael had stances); or WoW where DKs, Druids, and Warriors all had stances; or one of the many video games in which a hero transforms into some other monster (Dew Prism, Demon's Crest, etc.).

Boomboxers are musically themed. They have personal music players. I'm saying that changing the playlist they're listening, on that personal player, to could change her stats and/or available skills. (Their personal playlist doesn't need to affect game music; thing of it as a mode selector.)

(I'm going to use Bezzy as an example, even though she's not a playable character.)

Say Bezzy listens to swing: she hits harder, has a chance for her attacks to stun, or has certain offensive-themed abilities available which are not available while she's listening to something else.

Say she listens to Capoeira music: she becomes better at dodging, and can access abilities that modify party/enemy accuracy.

Say she listens to J-pop: she becomes a creepy otaku and the enemy runs away in disgust—er, I mean, she gets lower attack, but access to support abilities.

I'm not endorsing any of those genres, but trying to help give you general ideas for interesting stuff that can be done with the boomboxer's racial theme.

Unless implemented really smoothly, it will wind up being too much micromanaging or wind up making a boomboxer overlap with other character roles. I have a couple ideas, but if this doesn't sound interesting (or, worse, sounds like too much trouble to balance) then I won't go into further detail.

Last edited:
If you decide to go the whole game without adding a single girl, yea it's gonna be damn brutal after the "Party Forming" stage. Thankfully it won't be as bad around each girl encounter area, since remember what we discussed: they'll temporarily join your party 🙂 So at the very least you'll be have a temp 2-person party during that time.
If it's anything like Dragon Age or FF, running it alone would be suicide. 😀

LOL! Ah, goodness I love that. Amusingly, that's really what happened, and still does happen to everybody 😀 Damn good VN. Damn freakin good.
Quite.
-points to the Plump Slime- :huh

Yes, expressions are going to be in the game. It'll add a little more character and emotion for scenes. It's one of the many things I like in LoL; the characters talk and their faces showed emotion.
I knew you didn't draw the monsters; was saying you shouldn't feel bad transitioning between face generator work and hand drawn work.

Expressions do sound promising, hope interchanging them doesn't get frustrating.
*comic snip*

Daaw. While I continue to hope to see Bezzy in-game, hopefully the main team is as animated. 😀
(Also short Bezzy is best Bezzy)

So what sort of scenarios would you guys like - within reason? Most environments have already been decided and can encompass a lot of scenes, HOWEVER - please note that Illusia isn't technologically advanced anywhere. Medieval would be good.
Will have to start thinking scenario suggestions. Will get back to you on that. ^^

-claps happily- Mostly have finished the first dungeon now. Aside from a few chests, everything is set up and working. So happy. So very happy. One step closer to releasing the demo 😀

Nah. I'm referring a general trope/mechanic in video games. This will be familiar if you've played Soul Calibur 2 (where Raphael had stances); or WoW where DKs, Druids, and Warriors all had stances; or one of the many video games in which a hero transforms into some other monster (Dew Prism, Demon's Crest, etc.).

Boomboxers are musically themed. They have personal music players. I'm saying that changing the playlist they're listening, on that personal player, to could change her stats and/or available skills. (Their personal playlist doesn't need to affect game music; thing of it as a mode selector.)

(I'm going to use Bezzy as an example, even though she's not a playable character.)

Say Bezzy listens to swing: she hits harder, has a chance for their attacks or has certain offensive-themed abilities available which are not available while she's listening to something else.

Say she listens to Capoeira music: she becomes better at dodging, and can access abilities that modify party/enemy accuracy.

Say she listens to J-pop: she becomes a creepy otaku and the enemy runs away in disgust—er, I mean, she gets lower attack, but access to support abilities.

I'm not endorsing any of those genres, but trying to help give you general ideas for interesting stuff that can be done with the boomboxer's racial theme.

Unless implemented really smoothly, it will wind up being too much micromanaging or wind up making a boomboxer overlap with other character roles. I have a couple ideas, but if this doesn't sound interesting (or, worse, sounds like too much trouble to balance) then I won't go into further detail.

Lol! J-pop otaku huh? Well she does have the headphones - she's already halfway there. 😛

I think you're also confusing her with a bard. She doesn't play songs to increase her or her party's stats. It's the tempo that controls her moves, like that of a puppet on strings, when she is fighting. She can move normally otherwise, but Boomboxers use the beat as "triggers" on when to move, when to punch, when to kick, how to dodge. If there's no music, a Boomboxer could pretty much become a sitting duck; which I believe Bezzy mentioned as a weakness. When a song is over/new selection is being made and there is a pause before a new one starts, it's actually creates an opening for an enemy to attack.

This is actually a real nice idea and clever too - I hadn't thought of using stances. However, like you said, the micromanaging would be big which is odd for a character in just a normal RPG. She would need to have a few stances, and that'd mean a lot of skills in her arsenal - probably matching or topping a Mage. I would think the bigger problems would be how it'd be a humongous pain in the ass to balance (which would probably NEVER happen because she'd either become overnerfed or overbuffed), and turning Bezzy into an All-Purpose Filler character, aka a character that, no matter what the party's composition, you can always grab and have her fill the missing role. Such a character takes a lot of choice and penalty out of the system.

The man with the hat is completely right. Yes, yes, I concur.

I knew you didn't draw the monsters; was saying you shouldn't feel bad transitioning between face generator work and hand drawn work.

Expressions do sound promising, hope interchanging them doesn't get frustrating.

Ohhh that's what you meant. I dunno, it just feels a little weird seeing it. The artwork is already all over the place, with different art styles, shading techniques, and quality. Then there's who gets a full portrait, who gets just a face, who gets nothing at all, and if I'm doing this correctly. :willy_nilly:Seems like I'm just adding to the "problem".

I've actually amused myself with thinking about how many pictures will me and Screamer share lol. I won't touch any of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia monsters - the ones Deus uses. The artist has done a LOT of good ones, but I feel that those should now stay with Deus' ToG (if he ever does anything on it again). There's a lot of other images out there, but I wonder how many will pop up in both games.

Daaw. While I continue to hope to see Bezzy in-game, hopefully the main team is as animated. 😀
(Also short Bezzy is best Bezzy)

Of course they will be. 🙂 It'd be bad on my account if they all were just a smidge above a rock in terms of character. Uniqueness helps make a character. You'll all be introduced to a new character soon enough too - so that's something to look forward to.

And yes. Short Bezzy IS best Bezzy!

Will have to start thinking scenario suggestions. Will get back to you on that. ^^

I'm already anticipating the laundry list of stuff you guys come up with. :lol

This Probably won't get answered but here it goes. (go to youtube and enter the songs in to listen to them.)

Dear Bezzy, using a test dummy, please demonstrate how a boomboxer fights while listening to one of each of the following songs that I have listed.

Vinterriket - Im Augenblick der Nacht
Iperyt - Transgression of Inhumanity
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Post Enlightenment Executor

Last edited:
This Probably won't get answered but here it goes. (go to youtube and enter the songs in to listen to them.)

Dear Bezzy, using a test dummy, please demonstrate how a boomboxer fights while listening to one of each of the following songs that I have listed.

Vinterriket - Im Augenblick der Nacht
Gojira - In the Wilderness
Jig-Ai - Suffocated Between Gigantic Udders

Lol! Wow, now that's an interesting question to ask. I'll give it to her and see what she thinks. Thanks for asking 😀

Speaking of Bezzy -

Here is this week's Ask Bezzy questions!

This time we have Xtreme09's and Super Sna- I mean Ultra Viper's questions answered 😀

Lol! Wow, now that's an interesting question to ask. I'll give it to her and see what she thinks. Thanks for asking 😀

Speaking of Bezzy -

Here is this week's Ask Bezzy questions!

This time we have Xtreme09's and Super Sna- I mean Ultra Viper's questions answered 😀

Heh, Bezzy would probably enjoy playing Audiosurf then. Well all in all we heard a lot about Bezzy and her people. Although that all sounds interesting I would like to ask a question if I may. I am interested about my line of work.

So Bezzy are there Boomboxers with special needs and what kind of system is there for them.

Honestly I just hope it's not something like Roman did... throwing them to the lions or off mountain. Hey look at new dance dance revolution platform *push*

What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back