• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

How many people are dating someone from TMF? Or have dated?

I hope you'll all indulge me on this one but I wrote the following a couple of months back and it seems appropriate to the conversation as, to me, it's not really possible to talk about this without also covering a bit of backstory so grab some popcorn and settle back (or just skip ahead to the next post, either way):

I was looking back over some old posts, mostly recaps of previous BAST’s (British Affiliated Society of Ticklephiles, i.e. UK gatherings) from a couple of years ago, and suddenly realised just how lucky I am to have been involved in the tickling community and how much it has brought to my life. I thought it might be worthwhile putting this down in writing as an example of just what can happen if the stars align and, frankly, if you put the effort in.

I first came across tickling as a fetish in university (hardly unusual I suppose) when I found the TMF in my final year. It was interesting but to be frank it wasn’t life changing. No heavenly choirs burst into song as a convenient shaft of light descended in a moment of revelation, more a grunt of interest and a bookmark. I wandered across tickling as an offshoot from bondage and it took a while for it to permeate my brain. As time passed though it did indeed come to the forefront of my imagination and I joined the TMF in 2002.

Just before Christmas of that year I wrote my first story and haven’t stopped writing since. For about a year after that I was almost addicted to writing and found it not only easy but tremendously rewarding as well. What helped was the TMF was a very welcoming place indeed with positive feedback from a fair few regulars really helping to build up my own confidence in my abilities. While I don’t write as much as I used to it’s still a major part of my life and I hope that one day I may actually get a book or two published. It’d be a nice way to leave a mark on the world after all and considering some of the dross that’s out there at the moment…

Anyway, writing stories brought several new things into my life – acceptance and even a very small amount of recognition within the community, a real sense of achievement the day I was given my own story archive on the TMF amongst people who I consider to this day to be stunningly good writers, contact with many, many others who shared my fetish and who made me realise just how little I had to be ashamed of – but most importantly of all it led me to MorningAngel.

I’m going to be deliberately vague on details here as I don’t want to make it too obvious to the casual reader how we met as it’d be fairly easy for certain people to identify us in real life outside of the scene, sorry. But let’s just say she found me through my stories and we started talking via PM (and occasionally hijacking threads, *cough*). I think if it had been possible we’d have met up sooner but certain practical considerations kept that from happening. However in October 2004 we finally had our chance and, after some comedy moments on mobiles trying to figure out where on Paddington station the other was, we finally saw each other in real life and that, as they say, was that. In the highly romantic atmosphere of a Starbucks inside a Sainsburys supermarket (do I know how to show a girl a good time or what?) we talked for hours (mainly about a very dumb decision I’d made six months earlier and apologising a LOT for it… start as you mean to go on I say :D ) and we’ve been inseparable ever since. Almost four years on we’re married, have lived together for three years without killing each other and are still learning new things about the other. None of that would have happened without the TMF and UKTF. Talking of the UKTF….

Oddly, despite meeting Angel on the TMF it was on the UKTF board back in its infancy that we got to know each other properly and it’s there that we now consider our on-line ‘tickle home’. It’s through the UKTF that we went to our very first gathering kindly arranged by MistressDiva. I… think I’m right in saying that this was the first time I’d experienced bondage as well but I wouldn’t swear to that. In 2005 we took a very deep breath and organised our own gathering and, a year later, did the same again. Out of those experiences we learnt a lot, mainly that holding a gathering in August in a non-air-conditioned flat is a BAD THING™! But we also met some fantastic people, many of whom have turned into full blown friends and very good ones at that.

In January of last year we were fortunate enough to attend the Sheffield gathering and not only had a great time but renewed existing friendships and made new ones. Since then we’ve been incredibly fortunate and have had some truly outstanding and mindblowing experiences with several people from that gathering. Once again, I won’t go into details to save people’s blushes but I’ll just say this – in the last six months I have seen (and, for that matter, done) things that spring straight from the pages of What Fetish Monthly and there are still times it seems like a dream. And, at the same time, we've also had some of the most fun times I've ever had usually gathered around the TV playing Rock Band or just hanging out and talking.

And this, really, leads me to a conclusion of sorts. What started off as a curiosity in my life has led, via strange and unlooked for roads, to a thousand new experiences. It has grown my confidence to a point that would be unrecognisable to those that knew me only from University. It has given me the opportunity to meet people who I consider some of the best friends I have ever known. It has allowed me to help other people take their own first steps down those roads.

Most of all though tickling has directly led me to love and to the woman with whom I wish to spend the rest of my days. That is something so far and above what seemed possible in those first hesitant days six years ago it seems difficult to believe at times. Yet it happened and every day I wake up next to my Angel I can only feel grateful beyond belief for whatever made me put fingers to keyboard so long ago.

Okay, you can all wake up now, coffee's on the table to your right...

I havent dated anyone from here but I have met and tickled 2 of the TMF girls and have spoken to 2 more on the phone

Yup, I met a guy on here almost 2 years ago, and now we're living together...I hafta say, being tickled or having someone to tickle nightly is frickin awesome

a long long time

Spenser and I did not meet through TMF but we did meet online way back in the days of green screens and monochrome monitors. Anyone remember Prodigy, back in the days before txt messaging or online chat?

It was our various bdsm interests that drew us together back in those days but discovering we both had a thing about feet, lead to talks about tickling and tickle torture.

We have been together since the late 1980’s and married 11 years. Tickling is just one more thing that keeps us together and loving life as well as each other.

Spenser and I did not meet through TMF but we did meet online way back in the days of green screens and monochrome monitors. Anyone remember Prodigy, back in the days before txt messaging or online chat?

It was our various bdsm interests that drew us together back in those days but discovering we both had a thing about feet, lead to talks about tickling and tickle torture.

We have been together since the late 1980’s and married 11 years. Tickling is just one more thing that keeps us together and loving life as well as each other.

Amazing. :smilestar

Well I have not dated anyone from the TMF but I have met both singles and married couples thru the TMF for tickling. All the people I have met are absolutely wonderful. The TMF is an awesome site to share your fetish with others with the same interest. I also feel its safer meeting someone from in here than in any other internet site because you have a common interest already.

TicklesFemales

I dated someone who I *brought* to the TMF with my excellent powers of persuasion :p does that count?

I met tickleuniverse this fall.. he is awesome.. we are currently dating and will be married one day in the near future!!! We connect on soooo many other levels besides tickling.... THANKS TMF!!!!!

Well I have not dated anyone from the TMF but I have met both singles and married couples thru the TMF for tickling. All the people I have met are absolutely wonderful. The TMF is an awesome site to share your fetish with others with the same interest. I also feel its safer meeting someone from in here than in any other internet site because you have a common interest already.

TicklesFemales

Did you pursue a dating relationship with any of the single women you met from tmf?

I dunno if you would call it dating, since the relationship lasted so long. But I have dated someone from the TMF. Unfortunately, things didn't work out, but it happens. We are still very good friends and try to talk when we can :)

I have several women that are lurkers that I have a casual dating relationship with, that is kind of how we want it, they are college aged girls that make it to young for us--well me (I have a limit of 25-26 for serious relationships)-- to have or for me to desire a serious relationship.

And then there is another lady here, who like what 4Pawz was saying, I would not call it dating but we have had a great relationship as very close friends for over 2 years.

Rob

I have a harem of TMF girls. I'm dating them all.

They just don't know it yet. :cool:

what a great bunch of success stories!! dont know if ill be so lucky as i just got here, but hey, it's good to hear that success can happen!

i had one long distance relationship in my life, the main reason it couldn't survive cause it was TOO far (were talking one country to another - not state to state), we seen each other very rarely. the other reason was no one was willing to move for the other, obviously, so it had to end.

a state to state one though, if it was strong enough and "the one", i could def pull it off like many of you have :siterocks:

I wont date anyone since I am married but I have played with several from TMF..

what a great bunch of success stories!! dont know if ill be so lucky as i just got here, but hey, it's good to hear that success can happen!

To put it in perspective... we have tens of thousands of members and this is a handful of successes. I wouldn't call that good odds at all.

Can relationships happen? Sure. Then again, some people have seen Bigfoot, too. Doesn't mean you'll run into him tommorow morning getting on the train.

Unfortunately not...most people I know from the TMF are across the pond from me, and dating "real life" people seems to occur more often than not.

To put it in perspective... we have tens of thousands of members and this is a handful of successes. I wouldn't call that good odds at all.

Can relationships happen? Sure. Then again, some people have seen Bigfoot, too. Doesn't mean you'll run into him tommorow morning getting on the train.

On the other hand if you do some research and go spend some time in the woods near reported sightings your chances of seeing said Bigfoot increase considerably...

Having tens of thousands of members is a bit misleading here. Of those tens of thousands how many post regularly? How many attend munches and gatherings or, for that matter, are even looking for wuv? If it's a four figure number I'd be surprised.

Basically, if you're after a relationship, treat the TMF as a starting point only. Get to know people by their posts by all means but start talking by PM or by IM, then get yourself out there into the real world. Munches, gatherings, heck even normal social events like going to the movies - these are the ways you really get to know people and see if there's something there worth building on. Be patient, take things easy and aim to make friends. If something more lurks beneath the surface then it'll make itself known in due time.

Be patient, take things easy and aim to make friends. If something more lurks beneath the surface then it'll make itself known in due time.

thats a perfect view point..i'll drink to that :gbtoast:

damn i love these face thingies Lol

On the other hand if you do some research and go spend some time in the woods near reported sightings your chances of seeing said Bigfoot increase considerably...

Having tens of thousands of members is a bit misleading here. Of those tens of thousands how many post regularly? How many attend munches and gatherings or, for that matter, are even looking for wuv? If it's a four figure number I'd be surprised.

Basically, if you're after a relationship, treat the TMF as a starting point only. Get to know people by their posts by all means but start talking by PM or by IM, then get yourself out there into the real world. Munches, gatherings, heck even normal social events like going to the movies - these are the ways you really get to know people and see if there's something there worth building on. Be patient, take things easy and aim to make friends. If something more lurks beneath the surface then it'll make itself known in due time.

Of course, and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. On the other hand, I'm active in the local community (which is pretty hoppin') and I've only even met maybe two women who were even single. You already admit we're drawing from a smaller pool, so then factor in the notion that you need more than just tickling to keep you together (age, interests, chemistry/attractiveness) and that chance decreases even further.

It's like anything else, really - you never know what's going to hit you, or when.

I'll say one thing, though - it's damn near impossible to find people local to you unless you go to gatherings. Maybe if people would actually fill out the location field in their profile with something other that "right behind you" it'd help. :holdinghands:

You all make really valid points. I think BOFH666 hit it on the head. I know in the cases of Sasaxrah, Tortuga, and myself, we became friends with our SO's first. We weren't looking for someone at the time. We just became friends as if we had met at the library, school, work, etc. We got to know our BF/GF's, loved all the qualities that attract you to a friend and built on the relationships from there. The fact the 6 of us all thought enough of our other to pursue more was great. The idea we all share the love of tickling is just fricking awesome, but by no means the main reason we pursued something.

So it is kind of "needle in a haystack" kind of thing and Sarah and I talked about it on the phone today and both say we feel blessed by the experience. We were never looking for it on here, but the fact it happened is awesome, and we wish it on everybody, whether it be through here or elsewhere. :Hyrdrogen

I was engaged to a TMF'er but she turned out to be a total bitch!! :sigh:

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/17/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back