• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tormented Soles - The Original Thread.

Kalamos said:
You can wait a bit longer for an opening in the main game. Or you could start in the same day/location, but on a different plot-line.
Finally, you could start somewhere else: I'll make the details up, and then you're out on your own.

I would suggest teaming up with Cosmo, before game starts, though, so you can play on, without cassandra overseeing your thread.

Okay, let's team up. Can you give us a different setting? Maybe in the same general area/time, so there's a chance we can meet up with you later on? (Or we can just rely on you to move us around as necessary...)

A different town, without a problem. Just pick a name on Tharagyan maps.
A different country, now, that's tougher.
A different world, sorry, that's not my league. ;)

You only have to tell me a bit about your expectations.
I come up with a problem for you to overcome, if you'd like to, or I give you a rationale for teaming up.
Then you can travel around - just count pixels and use some common sense.
You only have to warn me when you enter a new location, or at day break.
It's an unavoidable hassle if we want you guys to play in the same overarching setting.

OR... I could create a sandbox. Sandboxes are just out-of-continuum threads for players to flex their muscles into.

In all honesty Kal, you can put me where ever you want me. I'm very flexible, and can handle most things thrown at me. Ultimatly, my charactor will, as stated, be looking for a magical means to release his curse, so a large city would be the most likely place for him, as he'd be trying to find information, but once again, i'm flexible.

The funny thing is, Cosmo, magic is quite low-key.
The "showiest" effect, witnessed by Denwyn and Rachel [cassandra's char] was barely level 1 by DnD standards.

I'm really trying to juggle things, here.
I have an idea on how magic should work in Aygomenia.
Players have a different idea, though, and I either have to over-rule each and every post - or I have to mediate a bit.

Your char might think magic is at work, but it could be anything: in all truth, Reno doesn't really know how Klinamic Magia works, he barely heard the name, and he's never seen a true "spell".
Sure, seers pray for omens, priests study natural phenomena, and maybe mind can influence matter, after all, but you can't force gods to re-roll. ;)

Ah, you might want to "aygomenise" your char name a bit: Renos Heliotes or something like that, but that's by no means mandatory.

I'd like you to choose a team-mate before starting up, though.
It's just too awkward overseeing the game for a lone player, looking for ticklish situations.
Just ask Darth Vegeta or Duke Diablo...

indeed, it would seem that Magic is consideraly low key. Which of course, does make half my charactors biography questionable at best, impossible at worst. While i suppose i could just say that my charactor had never been tickled before he met the mages, and because of that he just assumed the ring made him more ticklish, and perhaps the ring was simply stuck on his finger because it was a tight fit, and that his more recent failors were nothing more then bad luck, and he as the charactor would know so little about the magics that he simply assumed it was a curse, frankly it just doesn't wash for the type of charactor i'd like him to be. Seems more bumbling idiot suited for a comedy then charming rogue.

So, i'll edit my profile and cut off the excess. Just make him a daring thief that has a soft spot for orphans and likes to rob from the rich maybe. Food for thought.

As for his name, i'll think up something. Reno Keldor perhaps?

And for partnering up, i'd have no problems partnering up with tickled girl, however there raises the question as to why he'd be with her. Ah well, something to think over while i edit my profile.

Keldor? Aygomen, not Eternia! :D

Seriously, you don't have to change one iota in your char bio.
We allowed more far-fetched bios and I am not forcing you into throwing your char away.

Magic is low-key, but Reno might believe it is real.
After all, people worshipping Deyos think he is.
And they also believe in the godly nature of the Emperors.
So, the ring be magical, if you think it is.

Maybe Reno had a suggestion of some kind implanted.
We are not here to delve into his bio *too* deeply: while players post what they see fit for their chars, narrators might come up with unexpected events.
Your bio might state that your char is the best brawler around; as it turns out, narrators decide he comes from a tiny, secluded hamlet, and he can barely fend for himself when the higher leagues stride the land.

No need for us to tamper with bios; they reflect how you guys see your chars in the game. Not how they really fare within it. :)

Oh, btw, how about Renos Keldoras. ;)

Pick a likely spot for us to be in? (Sorry, I'm very up on the geography, IC or OOC.)

Maybe a setup could be Melissana tries to steal something (some food? clothing? something basic & necessary anyway, she generally wouldn't steal) from Renos and gets caught?

Any spot could work.
Bisanthium [aka Maxiamorea] is the capital city: it hosts various faiths and facilities, and it can support any kind of urban-related adventure.
Plus it is connected to rural areas west and south, and has a bustling port.
Were this a MUD, you could go anywhere from there.

Then we have the smaller centres. Some are strongly characterised: Invaros hosts the second largest market place in Tharagya, and it's the gate to elven border.
Kaphraktos hosts the Keep and the second largest port facilities.

Phlagos [elsewhere Phragos and Pharagos, depending on regional accent] is the spiritual nexus, and also hosts the City of the Dead, the largest catacombs of the east.

Finally, on the other side of the map we have Asperum and Arthenas, with the largest slave market and the gladiatorial schools and train facilities.

Most of our games have revolved around Bisanthium, Arthenas and the marshes of Ragylos; you are now able to pick a theme, and have me open a thread accordingly.
Speaking of themes, most towns are "traditional" urban fantasy: temples, arenas, market places, and sprawling urban nuclei with winding alleys and crowded plazas.
You could think of Dark Sun or Taladas, and you wouldn't be too off.

What is off are most Final Fantasy and [oh the horror] japan related stuff.
Just name a ninja and I'll personally chew your nose off. ;)

I vote Bisanthium. Cosmo, sound okay? (assuming we're teaming) And is the "Melissana tries to steal from Renos" opening alright?

Submitting a Character for Play

Name: Shom Marke'

Race: Human

Appearance: Shom is just above average height and is very athetically built.
Dark-skinned with ebon eyes, his head is shaven clean. On his
right-forearm is the brand of House Artosa (or someother
appropriate Nobles House), on his left arm is the tatoo of an
eagle (the mark of a freed slave). He wears for now bright blue
pantaloons and a black leather vest.

History: Shom Marke was taken from the village of his birth at the age
of 8. He was sold in Bisanthium and bought by the Lord of
House Artoso to be a bodyservant and protector to the ladies
of House Artosa. He was trained in Court etiquette,
Languagues, Mathematics, and unarmed combat. He
has served faithfully the ladies of House Artosa and has put his
life on the line for them several times. Upon the old Lord's death
just a week ago, he was granted his freedom. Unsure of his
desires and somewhat naive, he starts a new journey into the
world of freedom.

Limits: Not interested in M/M, everything else I'm up to keeping an
open mind on.

PS. Are we allowed to edit history's at a later date?

All the above posts seem fine to me.
Yes, you can later edit your personal bio, Black; you're actually encouraged to, as your char gains depth - but you might want to warn us before submitting changes, just in case.

When I take narration up, I usually try and imagine what you had in mind when creating your chars, so I can come up with suitable NPCs reactions and so on.
So it would be nice if you told us, so when can adjust game accordingly.

So far ToA has been quite light on anything but "Player on Player" interaction; but extra infos might come in handy for those special times when details are needed.

How? Usually I open a new thread, tell you where your chars are, and what they are doing, and ask your intended course of action.
I need to know what day other guys are on, right now, then I can open it.
Simple as that.

Woops! Didn't realize you were waiting on us. Ummm...pick a day, any day? Or tell us what the options are, and what effect our choice would have?

I need to know what day they other players are on, now.
It's no big deal: I can later adjust; as long as the different parties don't meet, time and location are not a real issue.
If you want to meet or team up, they become, though.

Who can tell? Cassandra [the current active narrator] and/or Darth Vegeta [veteran player].
Until then, I can create a Sandbox thread.

-> http://www.tickletheater.com/showthread.php?p=225924

Name: Pliskin
Race: Human
Description: long haired, stubbly, wearing a dark jacket, fingerless gloves, and a hat while carrying a small blade forged by himself
Bio: After never meeting his true parents at a young age he was taken in by a man only known as Dave. Towards his teenage years he left Dave to join a band of theives/mercs known as the libertines. After a small job to sort out a conflict 2 neighbouring towns the Libertines were torn apart when both sides hired individual members forcing former friends into war against each other. Being one of the fw survivors Pliskin decided that if was to make it in this world he would have to trust only himself, now a days he ventures from town to town looking for his place in life where he could find his soul

Misc. Info: although he puts up a tough front due to his past he will once and a while let people he trusts in on his life and past, and has only experienced tickling from times he has been a prisoner

so do i get the part?

clarky said:
so do i get the part?
Not yet.
Couple reasons.

First: your char is more suited for a later era setting.
I would choose something for different for his name, Snake.

Second: until Cassandra comes back, only one thread is currently active.
You can either wait for more gaming partners, and get a sandbox thread, or wait for Cassandra, so she can oversee your game.

Let me know if you have questions.

:)

Waiting for more new players can take a long time. I can oversee your roleplaying, but without any other players to interact with (currently, the active players are gathered in one thread which may not be okay for a new guy to jump into), I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be doing as the overseer.

I can't speak for everyone on the thread, but I'd tend to be more flexible about the game if someone wants to play. Take a look at the thread and when you're adjusting your character (per Kalamos) see if you can find a way that you'd happen along. If it's acceptable to Cassandra & Kalamos, I'd be fine with it. Cosmo & blackmagicjack, any opinions?

Ok, I'll simply delegate Cosmo to create a suitable intro-thread for clarky's char, so he can later join the main party in "Slave Train".

I hope you ladies and gents will work out a viable agreement. ;)

Yes, Clarky joining the action is just fine with me. Besides it might help to bring the particular scene to a close. Otherwise who knows what's going to happen to poooor Melissana :cool:

It's fine with me. If you want the scene to end, Pliskin can rescue the slaves. The captors are either killed, evaded or dealt with in a non-lethal way. And Melissana can catch her breath until the next time something happens. Of course, Clarky can also choose to have Pliskin captured as well.

Just remember that you cannot take control of the other characters while doing this. Only NPCs can be controlled by any player.

If there are no objections Kal and Cassandra, i'd like to talk with the new player to figure out how to best slide him in. But fortionatly i can think of several ways to slide him in depending on how the game goes.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back