• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TS - Day 39 - Somewhere in Tharagya

Ooc: So your reasons for leaving are that the Roman setting is mostly gone and Orion is too powerful? Personally, I didn't like the historical-like Roman style that we used earlier because I am not familiar with it, which was why I allowed the players more freedom in their character designs when we resurrected this RP following a hiatus. More people are familiar with D&D and Lord of the Rings, and I didn't want to force them to stick to the Roman style like when Kalamos was co-GM. If I had followed Kalamos' idea, Rachel would still be called Rakylis (or however he/she spelled it. I know it sounded like a man's name).

But yes, I can understand that you joined because of the Roman setting and now you are leaving because it is no longer there. I cannot bring back the Roman style because I don't know much about it.

As for Orion's magic... um, I thought maybe Valerios would be equally fearless and have a warrior vs mage duel. Accusations of being too powerful can actually lead to heated arguments. Rather than try to settle this issue on our own, I will wait for Anime#1's reply.

Last edited:
OOC: I've sent him a PM, and if we can't settle it out there, then there's nothing left to say.

More people are familiar with D&D and Lord of the Rings, and I didn't want to force them to stick to the Roman style like when Kalamos was co-GM. If I had followed Kalamos' idea, Rachel would still be called Rakylis (or however he/she spelled it. I know it sounded like a man's name).

As an aside: I never *forced* anybody to stick with "my" setting.
When you first suggested we had a tickling RPG, you mentioned a Xena-themed game world.

Xena is low magic, low tech, and ancient-world.
I worked from there, adding my own personal flair that - I'll admit - is not for the average crowd.

Also, I chose to keep a low-profile magic world so we could avoid just this kind of nonsense: a magic-using character dominating game and plot at other characters' - and players' - expenses.

It happened before with Hue.
Is it happening again?
There *was* a reason for avoiding DnD/LotR in the first place, after all.

Besides, I am glad I left an impression with you guys - but please, consider stopping comparing how game was like when I had to run it, for lack of true GMs.
It feels like you are subtly blaming me - and I think I deserve better than that.

That said - current players are not interested in running this game the way I first [second?] envisioned it.
Old players left, since it is no longer the game it used to be.
I would politely suggest migrating/creating a new RPG from scratch.

I'll gather the ashes of my creation and do something else with it.

Regards.

I thought about starting a new RPG with a new setting when this one was slowing down. Probably something modern/sci-fi, but I don't know how many people will be interested in that. I do notice that the majority of the stories on this site are set in modern times.

You did make a good point, Kalamos. Current players seem to prefer a setting different from what we started with, and old players are not into the D&D theme that would suit the current players. Before we even discuss a new modern/sci-fi RPG, I will need feedback from anyone who is still around.

Kal said:

That said - current players are not interested in running this game the way I first [second?] envisioned it.
Old players left, since it is no longer the game it used to be.
I would politely suggest migrating/creating a new RPG from scratch.

I started playing the RP originally because I was interested in that type of game setting. I played basically a normal rogue with a few low level tricks, nothing too fancy.

The reason I stopped was because the new characters coming in were basically not drawn into the storyline. There really needs to be something key going on the players need to come together on or at least work towards a similar goal.

I would be happy to join in any RP world, as long as there are checks to powers and like I said a central goal or quest.

Cassandra said:

You did make a good point, Kalamos. Current players seem to prefer a setting different from what we started with, and old players are not into the D&D theme that would suit the current players. Before we even discuss a new modern/sci-fi RPG, I will need feedback from anyone who is still around.

I would be happy to join if you wanted to go with something new.

Back on the forum! :eek:

Its a shame this came to a close, but I kind of agree with the reasons, I think having a freeform rp with someone of "such power" is never going to be much fun for anyone but them. AI and FD have had to hear my ranting about that kind of thing ;) I wont be around a lot (on mobile broadband these days), but I'll be looking out in case something starts again.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back