• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TS - Day 39 - Somewhere in Tharagya

Now this caught her by surprise. Rachel's eyes went wide and she gasped. With the chaos that occurred and the flurry of moves from Orion and her tormentors, she did not expect Longinus to threaten her life in order to put an end to the battle.

She whimpered, "Please, no..." but then became silent upon realizing that the last thing she wanted to do was annoy Longinus with her protests. Her attention was drawn towards the mysterious warrior who had just arrived, apparently determined to reach her regardless of how many men stood in his way.

Last edited:
Sensing that the cowardly she-witch would rather run then fight, Orion turned and laughed, arms spread open as he slowly moved towards Longinus.

"Now now, mercenary," Orion said, sparing no amount of disdain at the word mercenary, "We both know how this will end. Either you will kill her--earning the ire of your master--and then I catch you, or you don't kill her, and I catch you. Your position of bargaining, to say nothing of power, ended when you would rather waste time for a few laughs rather than be on your way."

Orion was doing more than talking; he was distracting. Distracting Longinus from both the centurion, and from the strands of magic that Orion was slowly weaving into a lasso, a lasso that would soon ensnare the mercenary and prevent him from movement. It was now a waiting game; did Orion catch Longinus before he would panic, or the centurion? Either way, Rachel's death was not an option.

I'm too close. to fail now.

He swallowed. The man was no fool. And his men would rally within moments. Magic intimidated but if they all attacked Orion it would be over. Behind him was Valerios and he cut down another man. His bloodied gladius in hand he seemed determined to reach Rachael. He suddenly threw his officer's dagger and hit Longinus in the shoulder. He hissed in pain and dropped his blade.
"Retreat! To the horses!" he glared at Orion. An unspoken threat.
He ran of and the others unsure what to do, followed the lead of the Decurion. Had the Black Centurion been present, he would have justly advocated a continuation of the attack. But Longinus for all his cunning reeked to Orion of concealed cowardice. Coin was all that mattered and there was no Imperial virtus present within him like it was the case with Valerios and Magnus.
Approaching Rachael, his gaze remained fixed on the mage.
People rarely appreciated the presence of people using magic. Let alone a member of the nobilitas who were raised to rely on strength, cunning and a strong belief in their own superiority.
"..."

Orion visibly shrugged at Longinus' departure; he could honestly care less what the coward thought or how he schemed. One passing glance at Magnus however was all it took to convince Orion to leave his prepared nets of air ready to cast at a moments notice.

Otherwise completely ignoring the glaring swordsman, Orion grabbed one of the corpses of his 'tormentors' and approached Rachel.

"So Little One, have you had enough laughs for one day?" he teased, though he accompanied the quasi-taunts with an affectionate pat on the head.

"I hate you." Rachel replied with an angry glare of her own, though not with much malice. Gradually the tone of her voice turned into pouting. "Wrapping me in your cloak, leaving me at the mercy of those men while you took your time to defeat them. Do you want to put my life in danger?"

She then turned towards the other person standing nearby. He was unmistakable now, bringing a look of joy and relief to her face. "Valerios! You're alive!"

"Don't pout," Orion replied while giving her a poke on the nose, "It ruins your complexion."

Valerios, huh? Orion filed the name away quickly; pompous, arrogant ass who thought the world should be down on his knees and marvel at his greatness. In other words, a typical noble. While the mage had never met the Centurion personally, he had been employed by the lad's father, who was always quick to dismiss Orion's work as a mere short-cut to an inevitable conclusion, as if they were the one's doing Orion a favor and not the other way around.

Orion's opinion of nobles and the ruling class was every bit as low as the nobles' and ruling class' views of mages was distrusting.

"They wanted you alive, Little One; they had no reason to hurt you unless you ran. So unless you fancied your chances against arrows, staying put until the opportune moment presented itself. But then we arrive at a dilemma; why should they stay put if they can just pick us up and be on their way? Only if their target--that being you--was unable to move from her spot. Hence, the cloak and the wagon. Really child, if you can't even master such basic levels of strategies, how can you master the Power of the Ancients?"

While he spoke, Orion turned to the fallen bodies of his former tormentors, casually disrobing them of their armour and garments.

Valerios smiled pleased at the sight of Rachel but the Necromancer's words pulled him back into a far sterner mood.
Valerios moved close to her and eyed Orion with disdain. The use of magic to animate the dead was sinful to him even blasphemy.
"What are you doing?" the Centurion asked Orion. He glanced at Rachel "We need to get out of here... if their leader regains his senses he'll regroup his men and return. A few arrows from far away is all that it takes...".
His hand tightened around the hilt of his blade. Even had Orion not been a Necromancer, he'd not have trusted him in the least. Rachel had yet to get him up-to-date in regards to this... 'person'.

"Valerios, this is Orion. He saved me from those men in an earlier encounter. If he had not shown up then, who knows where they would have taken me." Rachel instinctively introduced her new companion before Valerios' distrust could turn into hostility.

(Ooc: I don't remember if Orion told Rachel his name but I assume he did. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

She observed both men quietly, noticing that it would take more than an introduction to make them get along. Then she said, "Can one of you free me from this cloak? Preferably loosen it without destroying it, since I am still naked under it."

Orion continued to ignore the idiot--because that's what he was if he thought the coward would come crawling back without twice his initial number--and turned back towards Rachel, female clothing now in his arms, and a dagger in hand.

"Sorry Little One, but the only way to do that is to painstakingly cut the thing to shreds; I had to use up all it's potential to keep their own mages from "magic-ing" it off. You'll just have to make due with these for the time being."

Orion set the clothes to one side and reaching for the cloak, Orion stepped over the naked corpses of his former puppets, treating them as he did the dirt on the ground.

Ooc: Before I go on, I been wondering what happened to blackmagicjack. His character Shom and Lady Shawn are still in the inn, unable to proceed until he posts. It might be interesting if Shawn runs into Valerios, Orion and Rachel afterwards, but she will need some reason to leave Shom in the inn.

OOC: give me a pm. If need be I can send an npc to her.

IC:

Valerios retrieved his horse and armaments, placing them away. He kept a suspicious eye on Orion. He did not trust them. Nor did he plan to share his company longer than the minimum. "Once you are ready Rachel, we'll head of" he said "Towards the West is probably best given the circumstances".

Ooc: Sorry for the multiple OOCs but Anime#1's previous post did not mention that Rachel had been freed from the cloak yet. Should I assume Orion already did it or does Anime#1 have something else in mind?

As for Lady Shawn, I have sent you a PM.

Orion set the clothing aside and sprang his wicked-looking blade. Slowly slicing through the cloak so as not to cut Rachel, he once again utterly ignored the fool.

"When you're dressed Rachel, we'll head East across the sea. There are things there we will need if you wish to control your power. On the way there is a town called Red River Village that has....well, she's an odd one to be sure, but a top-notch tailor. She be able to sow clothes that practically meld to your body, and her rates are....well, you'll see."

Finishing his slicing, he went over to the two horses still hooked to the cart, both only recently calming down from their panic as he worked to detach them from the cart.

Valerios approached her. "Don't trust him." he whispered as he tried to gently take her upper arm "Going east will bring you close to the main roads Thane's men frequently follow" Valerios said worried.
"The area is also opener and less than lawful" he glanced at Orion before continuing to talk softly and unheard to Rachel "We should head West moving through the forest until we reach the Fort of Legio XII. I have friends there. And Thane will not risk getting involved with 'them'" he said "Once there we can go over our options and I can contact my family's network unbothered".

He couldn't hear a word that was said, but it didn't take much imagination to conclude what the conversation was about.

"Oh yes, West," Orion scoffed, "Because Thane doesn't have officials and watches bribed up to their EARS. If we make it within two kilometers of a city without carrier pigeons heading towards Thane by the flocks, I'll be shocked. You'd probably land us in some "honorable noble's" house--who's dead sister had one, last pleasant chat with him thanks to yours truly--and he'd put us in the care of servants who are in Thane's employ. One quick knife, one quick drop of drugs into your wine, and forget it. Oh, I almost forgot, remember the Aygosian Sacerdotes? The further West you go, Little One, the more you risk landing in their hands again. Thane will be the least of our problems."

Orion threw a few blankets on to the horses and then grabbed a handful of mane, giving it an experimental tug.

"East, you'll have more people you can trust, because Thane's already surrounded himself with the one's you can't. Not to say you WON'T run into his agents, but it is far less likely. All one has to do is be familiar with the terrain--which I am--and avoid the main roads, and it is one quick trip to the village, a port city, and then the East, where Thane would be a fool to pursue us. And unless he's suffered from a case of dementia fairly recently, Thane is no fool."

Orion gave the horses the once over; no replacement for saddle and bridle, but it would have to do.

"Regardless, this 'argument', such as it is, is pointless. You have already made the choice to learn about what your gift, Little One, and East is where the answers lie. You knew there would be dangers even before you said 'yes'. Or is your resolve so little that a few sweet nothings in your ear can change your mind?"

Rachel quietly pondered her choice as she put on the clothes Orion gave her. They were not the best looking, being taken from one of Longinus' slain cronies, but it was better than being naked in front of the two men. They both made good arguments about which route was better, and as initially determined as she was to follow Valerios, Orion's words suggested that he knew the land better than Valerios.

"Why can't we all agree on one route and travel together? Wouldn't it be safer that way, regardless of what we encounter?" Rachel said to both men. "Besides, Orion, Valerios never touches my feet and he knows why. Still, it will be nice if you can come with us to the west."

---

Meanwhile, back in the inn where Shom and Lady Shawn rented a room, everything was quiet. Their activities in the bedroom had concluded for now. With Shom asleep on the king sized bed, Shawn laid her head on his chest, satisfied with what she received from him and what they both agreed on.

Despite the uncertainty of whether Shom could rescue her handmaidens and stay alive, Shawn decided to relax. Most of the inn's drunken patrons had left or fallen asleep as well. Within minutes, she too started to doze off.

"I KNOW Magnus all too well Orion. And I know why he'll not delve too deep into that region" Valerios said to the Mage. "I do not know what you are up to but I'm quite sure you're not helping out of the 'kindness' of your heart" the Centurion said.

-----

Outside of the Inn a small group of riders had left the forest.
The hooded riders were cautious as there was a Legion fort only a mile or three away. Their patrols tended to move far away at times. And the nearby city had it's own forces. Still odds were they would not show up.
The riders dismounted and drawing their blades they moved on.
The stableboy was out late as he had forgotten something outside. He noticed movement but a moment later he fell dead on the floor with a slit throat.
The man who held the curved dagger had released him almost instantly and poked the young man with the tip of his boot. He nodded at the leader who responded in kind.
Four headed for the entrance while a six others remained outside...

Orion rolled his eyes from underneath his mask.

"Yes, and I'm sure your intentions are ENTIRELY honorable to save the lady-in-distress, with no thought to what you may get out of it what-so-ever." The sarcasm was both thick and heavy in Orion's voice.

Guiding one horse over to Rachel, he offered a hand to help her off the wagon.

"How are you at riding bridle-less horses, Little One?"

Rachel gently took Orion's hand and stepped off the wagon. "Not so well. Horse riding is not something I'm good at, with or without the bridle." She listened to the exchange of words, becoming pessimistic of the idea that they would travel together peacefully but continuing her attempts to persuade Orion. He would be a valuable ally should Magnus catch up with them.

But first, she wanted some answers from Valerios about the time they were separated. "Valerios, Orion told me about your stay in a tower with a noblewoman. Before I settle this argument about who I should follow, can you tell me what happened there?"

---

A little noise from outside made Lady Shawn curious just as she was about to close her eyes. It sounded like a group of people, whom she assumed to be more patrons. There was no way those mercenaries could find her in this inn so soon after she was rescued. With that in mind, she ignored the noise and tried going to sleep.

"It was the Tower of a woman and her handmaidens. Her tower was filled with traps and her followers fought me. They hoped to turn me into her champion... if I survived" he said. "I took it upon me eventually to train them. Apparently there are even more tickling obsessed people out there than I assumed" he added casually. "The Black Centurion resurfaced there, bent on finding the treasures she had" he glanced at Orion.
"What I'd like to know though is how your 'ally' knew where I was...".

---------------------

For a brief moment there was a 'bang'. As if something fell and that was that. The faint noise of moment. A late guest perhaps?
Oddly enough she thought she heard the door squeek. By the time she had become truly aware of it, the sleep-drunk beauty heard distinct motion as someone or something moved fast towards her bed. Heavy boots and metal...

Last edited:
Orion shrugged. "I was on my way to seek the Lady Shawn's patronage. When wishing to become an employee, it is only natural to learn what your employer is looking for. The Lady Shawn taking in a new lover and Captain of the Guard-especially one with your reputation-is something I think fairly noteworthy. When Little One was telling me all about her Valerious, I saw fit to in turn reveal your last known location."

Orion leaned a little closer to Valerious, as in the manner of one who wishes to divulge a huge secret.

"By the way, if you were looking for critique on your work, 'Captain of the Guard', you did a terrible job."

The name Lady Shawn did not ring a bell, but Rachel continued to quietly listen with interest. Did Valerios end up becoming Shawn's guard captain? More importantly, did he also become her lover? No, she trusted Valerios not to have a relationship with another woman he just met during the seemingly short period of time they were apart.

There must be more to this story than what Orion and Valerios revealed, and as much as Rachel disliked putting Valerios in an uncomfortable position, she would find out all the details soon enough.

---

There was definitely someone in the room, maybe even more than one person. Shawn sat up quickly, covering her naked body with part of the blanket. Instinctively, she tried to wake up Shom with a gentle nudge.

"For a Mage you are rather ignorant" Valerios said with a tiny smile "Or a liar..." he stated. "Either way it says little good about you" he said.
"I suggest you do not push too hard. Your magic will only help you so much" he stated coolly.
He turned towards Rachel. "Shall we go m'lady? The longer we wait, the more time the enemy has to regroup and worse... inform Magnus. And no magic in the world will protect you from my old enemy" he said as he patted the side of his horses'neck.

----

The man was upon her before she could react, putting a browngloved hand upon her ruby lips. "Not a word" he whispered. Another man stood in the dooropening.
He had a large crossbow aimed at the sleeping Shom. An unspoken threat...

"For a noble, you are appropriately a fool to suggest I'm either," Orion sneered, "And appropriately stupid. Oh, speaking of magic."

It was time to put this swordsman in his place. Sudden action may not be Orion's forte', but given time...

Orion threw the nets of air he left prepared on the centurion. A twist of the wrist, and the air-nets would pull Valerios into the air.

"So long as you're going to hang around there you might as well clear your ears and listen. So far current circumstances dictate that you are very bad protecting anything, including yourself. The fact that you are here and not where your Empire can call you at a moments notice to defend the glorious empire is all the proof needed. You know little of this world and the way it works, and pretend from your purple forum that you do. If you wish to go West where the arena is known inside and out by both you and your adversary so you can continue your petty game of one-upsmanship by all means go. If you wish to go with me and the Little One to the East, I won't stop you. But get in my way, and I will kill you. And trust me, I WILL kill you. Far more is at stake than someone of your limited intelligence and limitless arrogance can possibly understand."

Orion's voice was cold; one of a killer who could and would kill again.

"So the question becomes," Orion continued, springing his blade more for dramatic emphasis than anything else, "Are you going to behave yourself, or shall I kill you now and spare myself the headache later?"

OOC: Okay. I'm leaving the rp. I've had it with all this random magic thrown around with ease. From a near historical rp this has evolved to a D and D one.
Given the amount of magic your char throws around I can't even have a decent enemy to face Orion unless I introduce magicusers and even those are trivial. Not to mention my own char and that of everyone else is pretty much irrelevant. I suspected this would happen. Orion is never intimidated, never defenceless and inexhaustable. Doesn't need time to prepare a spell etc. Nothing of the feel of the setting is left anyway. My apologies Cassandra but I'm simply not getting any joy out of this anymore. Assume Orion knocked out Valerios and move on. I may slide Valerios and Magnus in another thread later on when people pop up but I simply no longer feel like continueing here. It would be contraproductive if I linger in this storyline. I'll continue to npc for lady Shawn a while though so that she can be reintroduced in the main thread. Least I can do. My apologies my dear but I out of experience I know it will be for the best.

Last edited:
What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back