• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I thought maybe I should make a topic about my game.

This thread deserves more comments. First and foremost, I want to thank Sir Lurker for putting so much time and effort into such a game and making a free game for us all to enjoy! Probably premature to say that, but I feel like like so many artists, writers and etc in our lovely tickling community get not enough praise as opposed to too much, so I shall gladly take that risk XD

What a great summer to be an RPG fan, Aw's game looks great, Screamer's stuff is always excellent, and although this game seems to lack a name as of yet (btw, I think Unshod is a great name!) This looks like it's shaping up to be terrific as well. Take your time, and I look forward to pouring hours into this game! Games can always be criticized for being too short (or unfinished. ToG T_T) but a game being long is never a drawback!

Can't wait to hear more about this game, a few more teasers (or God forbid, a demo!) Would make the waiting period much more bearable!

A demo would take more effort since it involves breaking off a portion of the game and editing it to stop at a certain point. Teasers/screenshots are okay though

This thread deserves more comments. First and foremost, I want to thank Sir Lurker for putting so much time and effort into such a game and making a free game for us all to enjoy! Probably premature to say that, but I feel like like so many artists, writers and etc in our lovely tickling community get not enough praise as opposed to too much, so I shall gladly take that risk XD

What a great summer to be an RPG fan, Aw's game looks great, Screamer's stuff is always excellent, and although this game seems to lack a name as of yet (btw, I think Unshod is a great name!) This looks like it's shaping up to be terrific as well. Take your time, and I look forward to pouring hours into this game! Games can always be criticized for being too short (or unfinished. ToG T_T) but a game being long is never a drawback!

Can't wait to hear more about this game, a few more teasers (or God forbid, a demo!) Would make the waiting period much more bearable!

Thanks, I wouldn't call it premature, at least, I really hope not. Well, for the game itself, maybe, but the effort has definitely been there. x_X

And you guys will almost definitely get the game eventually. If you don't, I assume it means I'm dead or something, because I'm determined to finish something.

A demo would take more effort since it involves breaking off a portion of the game and editing it to stop at a certain point. Teasers/screenshots are okay though

I missed my window of opportunity to make a demo. I'm apparently much less skilled in marketing things than AnimeWatcher and Screamer.

I'll work on getting more screenshots though.

It's strange, sometimes I think things like, "Oh, that would have made a good screenshot, but I'm already past that point in my test play." Then I remember I have complete control of everything and I could just warp there and throw switches.

Btw, Lurker, if you had to liken your game to another TRPG, based on its strengths, what would it be?

And what's the writing like? IMHO, good writing in a tickle game is really the difference between a good game and a great game. Tower of Gargalesis, although woefully short, was the best game I've ever played in that not only were the gameplay mechanics good, but it also had some of the best writing I'd read in a while. The writing would have topped a lot of the stuff in TT's story sections, that's for sure.

(I confess to being a ToG fan, don't judge).

Btw, Lurker, if you had to liken your game to another TRPG, based on its strengths, what would it be?

And what's the writing like? IMHO, good writing in a tickle game is really the difference between a good game and a great game. Tower of Gargalesis, although woefully short, was the best game I've ever played in that not only were the gameplay mechanics good, but it also had some of the best writing I'd read in a while. The writing would have topped a lot of the stuff in TT's story sections, that's for sure.

(I confess to being a ToG fan, don't judge).

I guess I would compare it to LoL, maybe? They're both games where it's very game-like, and you're fighting monsters and stuff, as opposed to say, Lala's Ordeal, which is kinda more like this just all out tickling simulator.

That's hard for me to say, I mean I certainly hope people like the writing. n_n; I'm not an author or anything, but I do my best.

To be honest though, I didn't want to go overboard in length. That's not to say they're really short, they're not. IIRC, Cackling Cave had pretty short ones (although I could be remembering this wrong) and most of mine are longer than that. I just . . . There's something about making the tickling scenes . . . Lost Odyssey like that bugged me. I just felt it would look out of place if it went from sprites walking around to a novel.

So I tried to just, find a style that I felt suited the game, I guess.

Hehe, well, the creator always knows best, as they say... And I'm fairly certain next to none of the people who write tickling stories are published authors, so I wouldn't worry about that one... Personally I just like to see a bit more detail than "it tickled her feet" or "it tickled her underarms". It's always a boon to see a bit more detail into the spots tickled (hollows, toes, arches, insteps, etc) and the 'lee's reactions. But tbh, as long as it isn't one sentence long and riddled with typos, I'm sure I'll be happy XD

And thanks for the screenshots! Who doesnt love a bit of good ol' teasing XD

A few more of writing.

And yeah, another reminder, that it's possible the text will look nicer on everyone elses' monitors. On this one, it has odd spacing sometimes, but it didn't do that on a previous monitor.

View attachment 318951View attachment 318952

Thanks for even more screenshots! And I think my worries are gone, your writing looks good to me, albeit it is a tiny sample size XD

The font is a bit funky though, and not really in the good way. Any chance of changing it for a more standard font that's easier on the eyes? Though it could just be a monitor thing, as you mentioned earlier.

Thanks for even more screenshots! And I think my worries are gone, your writing looks good to me, albeit it is a tiny sample size XD

The font is a bit funky though, and not really in the good way. Any chance of changing it for a more standard font that's easier on the eyes? Though it could just be a monitor thing, as you mentioned earlier.

I don't think it's possible to change the font.

I missed my window of opportunity to make a demo. I'm apparently much less skilled in marketing things than AnimeWatcher and Screamer.

MCDJa.jpg

Nah but really, I am skilled at marketing? Really? Introduced a character that people really liked - sure. But she isn't even a part of the game I'm releasing. And then you get favoritism because people know and like this one character so much compared to any that just get introduced.
Even then, I'm not even done with the demo portion of my game. I don't think you have missed anything - if you really want to release a demo, you could just put a switch in a place that ends the game (maybe when a player walks into a map). Like I said - I haven't even come out with my demo yet; the way I see it you're a better man than I am lol.

You gotta have more confidence in your skills. I'm going back in my game after looking at this thread (mostly at JonesyJones' posts) and playing some of the other tickle RPG's and rethinking how bland and terrible my tickle scenes are (let alone my writing). Then again, maybe it's all fine and just in my head. Who knows? Even then, you can always release an updated version with improvements!

It's great to see you still going at this and making progress - that's the key: making progress. So long as you don't stop, you'll get to the finish line eventually. From the screenshots, this looks like it's turning out great. You've got descriptive dialogue and just these teasers already make me super happy (cuz, yknow, foot lover here 😛) So keep on trucking, cuz I'm seeing good things right here.

MCDJa.jpg

Nah but really, I am skilled at marketing? Really? Introduced a character that people really liked - sure. But she isn't even a part of the game I'm releasing. And then you get favoritism because people know and like this one character so much compared to any that just get introduced.
Even then, I'm not even done with the demo portion of my game. I don't think you have missed anything - if you really want to release a demo, you could just put a switch in a place that ends the game (maybe when a player walks into a map). Like I said - I haven't even come out with my demo yet; the way I see it you're a better man than I am lol.

You gotta have more confidence in your skills. I'm going back in my game after looking at this thread (mostly at JonesyJones' posts) and playing some of the other tickle RPG's and rethinking how bland and terrible my tickle scenes are (let alone my writing). Then again, maybe it's all fine and just in my head. Who knows? Even then, you can always release an updated version with improvements!

It's great to see you still going at this and making progress - that's the key: making progress. So long as you don't stop, you'll get to the finish line eventually. From the screenshots, this looks like it's turning out great. You've got descriptive dialogue and just these teasers already make me super happy (cuz, yknow, foot lover here 😛) So keep on trucking, cuz I'm seeing good things right here.

This!

Thanks guys, everything is coming along pretty smoothly at the moment.

MCDJa.jpg

OMG, people actually read my comments! I want to remind you, I was just talking about my personal preference and thus I may have assigned extra value and importance to good writing in a TRPG.

But yeah, if you're gonna play some of the good ol' classic TRPG's though, you gotta give Deus' ToG another run through. If you can say your writing is on par with his then I (and I'm sure most other people!) will be very happy!

But you are kind of awesome are marketing, though, AW. You have the catchy names, you have all these random cool pictures, you have the gif. avatar... it all screams marketing pro!

P.S. Hehe, as a foot lover as well, I enjoyed the teasing scenes too XD

Not much since I last posted, but most of the game is done.

So what % would you say you're at, right now? Damn, you're fast!

btw, and what (or who) is a/the foot reader? As a foot fan, the name alone brings a smile to my face. And who's Maria?

A few more of writing.

And yeah, another reminder, that it's possible the text will look nicer on everyone elses' monitors. On this one, it has odd spacing sometimes, but it didn't do that on a previous monitor.

View attachment 318951View attachment 318952

btw, forgive me for being nitpicky, but the tenses seems a bit iffy for the second screenshot. Shouldn't it be "wanted", not "wants"? Maybe it's something minor, and I apologize for being pedantic.

Let's see if I can figure out multi-quoting . . .

So what % would you say you're at, right now? Damn, you're fast!

btw, and what (or who) is a/the foot reader? As a foot fan, the name alone brings a smile to my face. And who's Maria?

I would guess somewhere around 70-80%, but the percentage is difficult to say. What's simpler for me to say is that I'm really hoping to be finished before September, but I suppose it's possible it could be in September sometime.

Oh no, I'm not fast at all. n_n; I actually started this project back around November, took a break for a few months, and then picked it up again late February. I've just been avoiding making a topic because I'm not a fan of the vaporware thing, and I know that, as a big fan of RPG Maker games, I have countless unfinished projects, like everyone else.

So I wanted to not say anything until I was sure I'd really work on finishing this.

The foot reader is just a random character you encounter early on. She can read things by handling feet. You can pick which character and different things happen. For example, with one of them, she tells you where you should go next. Unfortunately, it tickles, so you get a very short scene of how the character is tied down and it tickles them.

Maria is our red-haired, somewhat aggressive, heroine. While I'm at it, Lockelle is a professional adventurer with a goofy personality, Yuka is a tall, strong, martial artist, and Lia is a pirate, or at least on the surface.

btw, forgive me for being nitpicky, but the tenses seems a bit iffy for the second screenshot. Shouldn't it be "wanted", not "wants"? Maybe it's something minor, and I apologize for being pedantic.

Nope, it's not pedantic. The writing in the game is actually in present tense. I wanted it to read like one of those choose your own story books, or one of those games like, "You enter the dark forest. You hear an owl," etc.

Let's see if I can figure out multi-quoting . . .

I would guess somewhere around 70-80%, but the percentage is difficult to say. What's simpler for me to say is that I'm really hoping to be finished before September, but I suppose it's possible it could be in September sometime.

Oh no, I'm not fast at all. n_n; I actually started this project back around November, took a break for a few months, and then picked it up again late February. I've just been avoiding making a topic because I'm not a fan of the vaporware thing, and I know that, as a big fan of RPG Maker games, I have countless unfinished projects, like everyone else.

So I wanted to not say anything until I was sure I'd really work on finishing this.

The foot reader is just a random character you encounter early on. She can read things by handling feet. You can pick which character and different things happen. For example, with one of them, she tells you where you should go next. Unfortunately, it tickles, so you get a very short scene of how the character is tied down and it tickles them.

Maria is our red-haired, somewhat aggressive, heroine. While I'm at it, Lockelle is a professional adventurer with a goofy personality, Yuka is a tall, strong, martial artist, and Lia is a pirate, or at least on the surface.

Nope, it's not pedantic. The writing in the game is actually in present tense. I wanted it to read like one of those choose your own story books, or one of those games like, "You enter the dark forest. You hear an owl," etc.

Yeah, I know what you mean about vaporware. It can be really depressing to get all these game updates and screenshots and the like, ONLY FOR THE GAME TO NEVER BE COMPLETED T_T (RIP ToG). But 80% finished! Dayum. How many hours of gameplay do you think you have?

And the foot reader sounds like such a fun character. I just know I'm going to visit her early on, even if I know what to do next XD

So those are our four party characters? Pirate gal, kung fu gal, fiery gal and goofy gal. I like the sound of that 😀

Who would you say is the most interesting character of the four? Who has the best lines, would you say? IMO the sarcastic funny one always gets the best lines XD

Btw, you decide on a name yet? Narrowed it down yet, at 80% completion, you'd think you'd have a name!

Yeah, I know what you mean about vaporware. It can be really depressing to get all these game updates and screenshots and the like, ONLY FOR THE GAME TO NEVER BE COMPLETED T_T (RIP ToG). But 80% finished! Dayum. How many hours of gameplay do you think you have?

And the foot reader sounds like such a fun character. I just know I'm going to visit her early on, even if I know what to do next XD

So those are our four party characters? Pirate gal, kung fu gal, fiery gal and goofy gal. I like the sound of that 😀

Who would you say is the most interesting character of the four? Who has the best lines, would you say? IMO the sarcastic funny one always gets the best lines XD

Btw, you decide on a name yet? Narrowed it down yet, at 80% completion, you'd think you'd have a name!

That's pretty tough. I have no idea. I'm just going to totally take a wild guess and say . . . 10 hours? 15?

Yeah, that's the party. I'll be honest, I'm pretty old school, so don't expect a whole lot of shuffling the party around, FFII and FFIV style. It's rare that anything happens with the party.

Best lines probably has to be Lockelle, I suppose. She's a pretty interesting character, but I find Yuka to be pretty interesting too.

I will probably keep the working title of Maria's Tickly Doom because it pretty accurately sums up the game. The majority of scenes are boss game overs, so it lets people know there's an emphasis on the "doom" aspect.

What's New

9/16/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back