• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I thought maybe I should make a topic about my game.

That's pretty tough. I have no idea. I'm just going to totally take a wild guess and say . . . 10 hours? 15?

Yeah, that's the party. I'll be honest, I'm pretty old school, so don't expect a whole lot of shuffling the party around, FFII and FFIV style. It's rare that anything happens with the party.

Best lines probably has to be Lockelle, I suppose. She's a pretty interesting character, but I find Yuka to be pretty interesting too.

I will probably keep the working title of Maria's Tickly Doom because it pretty accurately sums up the game. The majority of scenes are boss game overs, so it lets people know there's an emphasis on the "doom" aspect.

A fifteen hour long game? I can't believe you were hiding the fact you were making such a gargantuan project for so long XD

Lockelle's pree interesting? C'mon, throw me a bone here, give us some backstory!

And Maria's Tickly Doom sounds like a child's cartoon. If that's what you're going for... then, sure, keep that in! Maria's Ticklish Misadventures rolls of the tongue a bit better imo, but haha, if there is as much DOOM in this as you claim, then perhaps the title is perfect.

And everyone loves game over scenes! Well, when it comes to TRPG's, anyway 😀

A fifteen hour long game? I can't believe you were hiding the fact you were making such a gargantuan project for so long XD

Lockelle's pree interesting? C'mon, throw me a bone here, give us some backstory!

And Maria's Tickly Doom sounds like a child's cartoon. If that's what you're going for... then, sure, keep that in! Maria's Ticklish Misadventures rolls of the tongue a bit better imo, but haha, if there is as much DOOM in this as you claim, then perhaps the title is perfect.

And everyone loves game over scenes! Well, when it comes to TRPG's, anyway 😀

That's just the thing. If I said I was going to make a large game, people would probably think, "Who is that guy? Eh, he's probably biting off more than he can chew." And I didn't want to be like that. When I was starting with the project, I felt maybe they'd ultimately be right.

That's all the backstory you get. =p She's a well known adventurer from a famous adventurer family, known for being rather goofy.

That's a good thing if it sounds like a cartoon. It might make the game seem a little more lighthearted. It could probably use that. n_n; I don't want to make the tickling seem too evil.

That's just the thing. If I said I was going to make a large game, people would probably think, "Who is that guy? Eh, he's probably biting off more than he can chew." And I didn't want to be like that. When I was starting with the project, I felt maybe they'd ultimately be right.

That's all the backstory you get. =p She's a well known adventurer from a famous adventurer family, known for being rather goofy.

That's a good thing if it sounds like a cartoon. It might make the game seem a little more lighthearted. It could probably use that. n_n; I don't want to make the tickling seem too evil.

I think everyone's still going "who is that guy?" But yes, I get your point XD

And you are cruel, Lurky. Giving us teasers like this and not giving us any backstory.

I think everyone's still going "who is that guy?" But yes, I get your point XD

And you are cruel, Lurky. Giving us teasers like this and not giving us any backstory.

The player finds out more about her later. I haven't written the particularly big scene about her yet.

Hope your game's going good, it sounds like a great one. Sorry I haven't chimed in before :stickout

Thanks.

A bit of an update. I'm actually working on the last dungeon right now. That's not to say it's going to be finished in like a few days, because there's still other stuff I have to do.

But! I enjoy knowing that, very soon, I will actually have a completed game of sorts. The entire main storyline of the game is more or less finished. It's primarily lacking in towns right now, I have to make a few more of those, and then there are more optional things I'm kinda relying on for balance purposes.

Last but not least, the tickling aspect, is, technically, the least important part of the game from like a programming perspective. So it might be a tad too lacking for my tastes at the moment, not in quality, but in quantity. Obviously it's important to me, of course, so I'll still be adding more of that.

Thanks.

A bit of an update. I'm actually working on the last dungeon right now. That's not to say it's going to be finished in like a few days, because there's still other stuff I have to do.

But! I enjoy knowing that, very soon, I will actually have a completed game of sorts. The entire main storyline of the game is more or less finished. It's primarily lacking in towns right now, I have to make a few more of those, and then there are more optional things I'm kinda relying on for balance purposes.

Last but not least, the tickling aspect, is, technically, the least important part of the game from like a programming perspective. So it might be a tad too lacking for my tastes at the moment, not in quality, but in quantity. Obviously it's important to me, of course, so I'll still be adding more of that.

That's awesome news! Man, I cannot wait to play this game. And I'm sure no one here will object to you taking more time to add a dozen more tickle scenes XD

Can you guestimate a release date, Lurky?

Mid September is the latest, because I have other things I need to be paying attention to.

If it reaches mid September, I will literally just stop, and give you guys what I have so far, which will surely have the finished storyline, because I can probably finish that part in a few days.

But I want to try and be done at like . . . the last day or two of August/the first few days of September.

This game sounds great, just wish it was out sooner as I'm sitting here for two weeks with nothing to do because I had to get surgery. Oh well, it sounds worth the wait. 😀

How are things? Think you'll be able to make your own deadline?

Progress is looking pretty good. I've been neglecting towns, since one of them is in prime position to be a central hub of sorts, so hopefully I can fit more of those in. I still have to make most of the ending scenes, but I'm pretty confident that shouldn't take more than a day, and aside from that, the main storyline is completed. I haven't cut any corners in my main test play file, so it's at the point where you can start it and play all the way to the last boss.

Aside from that, there are some places I'd like to see in the final version. I want to make an arena, as one of them. I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I want it to help me create a sharp curve in the gold the party is able to acquire toward the end of the game. Most of the things I want to add are "balance" related like that, so that's why I'm trying to fit them all in. The game functions without them, but not optimally.

Oh, and a big focus is adding more fetish content. I have right around 50 unique (mostly unique in some cases) game overs, but it still feels like there's not enough. Maybe it's just because the game is decently sized, and that makes a lot of them still pretty spread out.

Last edited:
Man, I am so psyched for this game so I have to ask this question. There an ETA for the game? I'm terribly terribly conflicted, on the one hand, I really REALLY want to play this game, or the other hand, I really don't want to be a pest and go "RELEASE ALREADY!"

So yeah. I shall just say, take as much time as you need, and remember that you can always release game update 1.1 😀

But wowzers, 50 unique game over scenes? That's really impressive, that's on par if not more than ToG. Noice 🙂

Oh, and what's this Arena you want to make, Lurker?

Man, I am so psyched for this game so I have to ask this question. There an ETA for the game? I'm terribly terribly conflicted, on the one hand, I really REALLY want to play this game, or the other hand, I really don't want to be a pest and go "RELEASE ALREADY!"

So yeah. I shall just say, take as much time as you need, and remember that you can always release game update 1.1 😀

But wowzers, 50 unique game over scenes? That's really impressive, that's on par if not more than ToG. Noice 🙂

Oh, and what's this Arena you want to make, Lurker?

I really don't want to work on it past mid September, so probably like, September 15th or 16th I'll just release what I have.

Hopefully I can finish a few more though, because this game is a lot larger and longer than the progress in ToG.

The arena would just be a place where you can select from enemy groups to fight. I'm planning to write specific losing text for them, but I don't have time to make them as long as my other scenes, so they'll probably be a little shorter.

I really don't want to work on it past mid September, so probably like, September 15th or 16th I'll just release what I have.

Hopefully I can finish a few more though, because this game is a lot larger and longer than the progress in ToG.

The arena would just be a place where you can select from enemy groups to fight. I'm planning to write specific losing text for them, but I don't have time to make them as long as my other scenes, so they'll probably be a little shorter.

This arena of yours sounds like it'll be a lot of fun to play, but what are these enemy groups you're talking about? And yes, like the other dude said, I am positively salivating over these game's release 😛

The enemies there probably won't be anything plot related.

There also aren't a lot of human enemies in the game, due to the fact that the RPG Maker I'm working with doesn't have many graphics for them. I've been using a certain method to add more, but honestly, I don't like using it much, so I use it sparingly. So the enemies that do have tickling attacks will be primarily */F. Now VX Ace does have a lot of human enemies, if anyone is interested in RPG Maker.

The enemies there probably won't be anything plot related.

There also aren't a lot of human enemies in the game, due to the fact that the RPG Maker I'm working with doesn't have many graphics for them. I've been using a certain method to add more, but honestly, I don't like using it much, so I use it sparingly. So the enemies that do have tickling attacks will be primarily */F. Now VX Ace does have a lot of human enemies, if anyone is interested in RPG Maker.

That's fine by me, but is there any F/F at all? If not that's okay. 🙂

Oh yeah, there's definitely F/F.

Love how you said that with so much conviction XD

So when the game comes out, you have any tips? Any pitfalls we should avoid? I don't want to grind only to find out overleveling makes the game all but impossible to finish like in ToG ):

Love how you said that with so much conviction XD

So when the game comes out, you have any tips? Any pitfalls we should avoid? I don't want to grind only to find out overleveling makes the game all but impossible to finish like in ToG ):

Hmm, let's see . . . The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is that the game is very non-linear. I'm making enemies that roughly correspond to levels (e.g. "this is a level 5 area"). So it's possible that you could be wandering around the world map and find yourself in an area with harder monsters suddenly, or go into a place that's a lot tougher. Then again, I suppose that's not a huge concern because I would advise saving often anyway, due to the occasional, random, tickling related game overs.

There's also the fact that, for the first portion of the game, forests and swamps are generally more dangerous, but I have NPCs mention this.

I'm trying to make all the classes mostly balanced.

Hmm, let's see . . . The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is that the game is very non-linear. I'm making enemies that roughly correspond to levels (e.g. "this is a level 5 area"). So it's possible that you could be wandering around the world map and find yourself in an area with harder monsters suddenly, or go into a place that's a lot tougher. Then again, I suppose that's not a huge concern because I would advise saving often anyway, due to the occasional, random, tickling related game overs.

There's also the fact that, for the first portion of the game, forests and swamps are generally more dangerous, but I have NPCs mention this.

I'm trying to make all the classes mostly balanced.

So enemies don't scale with you? Phew, grind away... so what class do you think would the funnest to play?

So enemies don't scale with you? Phew, grind away... so what class do you think would the funnest to play?

There's one class, the punk, which is kind of like the most rogue/thief type class in the game, that has some particularly useful skills. I'd like for people to use whatever appeals to them, but if a newcomer to the game really wanted advice on what to use, I'd say to add one of that class. It has a flee skill to run from random encounters, and also the steal skill. Stealing eventually turned into something so big and useful that I realized I had to add steal support outside of the punk class or else using the class would be nearly mandatory, and I don't want anything like that. n_n; So yeah, there is still a way to steal without it, although not as efficiently.

There's one class, the punk, which is kind of like the most rogue/thief type class in the game, that has some particularly useful skills. I'd like for people to use whatever appeals to them, but if a newcomer to the game really wanted advice on what to use, I'd say to add one of that class. It has a flee skill to run from random encounters, and also the steal skill. Stealing eventually turned into something so big and useful that I realized I had to add steal support outside of the punk class or else using the class would be nearly mandatory, and I don't want anything like that. n_n; So yeah, there is still a way to steal without it, although not as efficiently.

Oooh, you have a class called the punk? That sounds oddly... adorable. Sounds like a cute little goth 😀

And why is it called the punk anyway? Do they do a lot of punking?

So what are the other classes? Is there gonna be a tickle mage or somesuch in this game if you're going for the standard mage-warrior-rogue triumvirate.

Oooh, you have a class called the punk? That sounds oddly... adorable. Sounds like a cute little goth 😀

And why is it called the punk anyway? Do they do a lot of punking?

So what are the other classes? Is there gonna be a tickle mage or somesuch in this game if you're going for the standard mage-warrior-rogue triumvirate.

I wanted to put kind of a cute spin on the classes. Not to sound sexist though, they're still serious business, of course.

There are six classes you can change to in the game. There's the princess, which is the healer type with poor attack and defenses. The two, primary, physical damage dealers are the valkyrie and the dancer. The valkyrie has more defenses than the dancer, and might have the highest HP, IIRC. The dancer is supposed to be more of a glass cannon, and can't equip shields. There's the punk, which is like a "thief" or "rogue." There are two casters, somewhat. The witch is almost exclusively based on hitting weaknesses with her three elements. The last one, the goth, is sort of a play on words. Goth could mean a warrior, or what people usually associate it with today. So the class is a bit of a hybrid as like a defensive, dark caster.

What's New

9/16/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back