• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Easy > Hyrule Temple

Long ago, when my buddy and I had Cubes, that level was the scene of our epic battles: him as Link and me as Marth. The longest battle we had went, and I kid you not, 19.5 consecutive hours with 5 lives. Going to the bathroom never instilled so much fear...

I also liked Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, and the Pokemon Stadium.

Ah, smash bros. Brawl. Just reserved this in full a while ago.

I have doubts Sheik might return since they're using the Twilight Princess versions of Link and Zelda...though the closest thing to Sheik seems to be Zero Suit Samus (been confirmed if you hold the A button before the match starts, you start off without her suit, like how Sheik worked).

Ganondorf might likely get a completely revamped moveset since I heard the game won't have any more clones this time around...That is, given if he does return.

Im pretty sure twillight princess ganon will be in there with the ability to turn into that pig beast

Ganondorf might likely get a completely revamped moveset since I heard the game won't have any more clones this time around...That is, given if he does return.
Ganondorf may have been a clone in Melee, but that doesn't mean he won't return in Brawl. He's Zelda's dark version of Bowser. There's possibly no way he'll get cut, mainly due to his importance. He's probably one of the clones that'll return with a better moveset.

I know he'll likely stay in some way or another, just was unsure how he'd be different in terms of gameplay.

What I'm mostly curious about is Alesia Glidewell, the voice actress of Krystal from Starfox Assault had on her website that she was voicing Krystal in Smash Bros Brawl...though recently she had that voice credit taken off the list...possibly Nintendo heard about it and wanted her to keep hushed about it? *crosses fingers Krystal be playable*

Massive news about Brawl has been leaked and subsequently the only reason I'm reviving this thread. Lucario, Jigglypuff and Ness were all unintentionally confirmed in a five minute video that's essentially the how to play segment.

Four characters have been given the boot: Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy and Mewtwo. Young Link, however, has been replaced with Toon Link, the cel-shaded version from Wind Waker. Confirmed returning characters include Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi, Falco, Game and Watch, and Marth. The only other new character is R.O.B. There are screenshots now of Star Wolf being in the game, but as there's video for everyone else, it's hard to confirm that. Same for the 'confirmation' that the roster making the rounds online is the final set of characters; it's in Japanese and to be honest, I haven't even seen a picture of anything claiming to be the message saying all characters are unlocked.

The roster, if it is indeed the entire roster including Star Wolf, is set at 35 characters. New stages included an old Super Mario level, Green Hill Zone, F-Zero's Port Town, Luigi's Mansion, and Electroplankton.

Do you think Sheik and Ganondorf will return in Brawl?

i think everyone' sort of denying ganondorf was cool in melee because he was a cheap knockoff to captain falcon (i'm not even sure if he's returning either).

anyways, once i finally watched enough gameplay of brawl from japan on youtube, I decided i wouldn't be pissed about getting it and that it'd probably last longer......if i had enough friends to make it last. Speaking of which, was I the only one a little disappointed playing Zelda Twilight princess (on cube)?? Either I was negative or the series really did lose it's good flavor.

even though the graphics and music were beautiful, TP relied too heavily on its past games for its charm. Plus the whole pattern of going through 8 or more dungeons to save the princess in every game is starting to get stale, I found Okami much more fun to play in comparison

even though the graphics and music were beautiful, TP relied too heavily on its past games for its charm. Plus the whole pattern of going through 8 or more dungeons to save the princess in every game is starting to get stale, I found Okami much more fun to play in comparison

i think it lost its edge tho when it took out interconnecting dungeons that'll take you to places....there were just some areas that were so predictable! lol all this and on top of it i'm a bit too serious a gamer i think....

Last edited:
A coupla smash-heads I hang out with got a Japanese copy of it... not sure of the details...

Actually, about TP, I think I'm the only one who didn't hate it. I really enjoyed it, possibly because I already realized it was gonna be more of a traditional Zelda, as opposed to MM and WW. I liked that it was more focused around the main quest, rather than being based around a dozen annoying sidequests that were a task to play thru like in MM (coughcoughTheAnju/KafeeSidequestcough). Plus when it comes down to it, the overall gameplay was just the most polished of any Zelda yet. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but I wasn't expecting it to be, and I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it did really well. It's just ashamed most everyone is too busy thinking about what was wrong with it it see what it did better than it's predecessors (Though I think WW is my favorite 3D Zelda).

As far as Brawl now, eh, am a bit disappointed with the roster, but that's about it. Too bad that's a big thing, as it's the very core of the game. "Clones" being back, just with some tweaks so they aren't complete clones (especially bad for G-dorf, who I think they did that with just to taunt us). Falco should have been cut and replaced by Krystal w/staff, Toon Link is pointless, as is Ness now (Lucas shouldn't have been in I think), I dunno WTF is with ROB, and, while most characters got nerfed, fucking Marth actually got buffed! (WTF?!).

Actually, about TP, I think I'm the only one who didn't hate it. I really enjoyed it, possibly because I already realized it was gonna be more of a traditional Zelda, as opposed to MM and WW. I liked that it was more focused around the main quest, rather than being based around a dozen annoying sidequests that were a task to play thru like in MM (coughcoughTheAnju/KafeeSidequestcough). Plus when it comes down to it, the overall gameplay was just the most polished of any Zelda yet. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but I wasn't expecting it to be, and I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it did really well. It's just ashamed most everyone is too busy thinking about what was wrong with it it see what it did better than it's predecessors (Though I think WW is my favorite 3D Zelda).

As far as Brawl now, eh, am a bit disappointed with the roster, but that's about it. Too bad that's a big thing, as it's the very core of the game. "Clones" being back, just with some tweaks so they aren't complete clones (especially bad for G-dorf, who I think they did that with just to taunt us). Falco should have been cut and replaced by Krystal w/staff, Toon Link is pointless, as is Ness now (Lucas shouldn't have been in I think), I dunno WTF is with ROB, and, while most characters got nerfed, fucking Marth actually got buffed! (WTF?!).

so.....ok, I might or might not be lookin for the vintage zelda cube release of the old games....was majora's mask good??

so.....ok, I might or might not be lookin for the vintage zelda cube release of the old games....was majora's mask good??
It wasn't bad by any means, it was quite good. I highly recommend every Zelda game though, even AoL. Maybe I'm just weird though...

I'm also disappointed Krystal with her staff was'nt in since she'd have an interesting moveset (plus one more female to add to the roster).
Ness I guess is in because the US has YET to have Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) released here in some way.
Toon Link sorta makes sense since we have two Links now for those who liked the more serious, adult version and those who liked the cartoony child version from Wind Waker.
ROB was VERY WTF at first, but in retrospect, he's a part of Nintendo history as Mario and Game and Watch were during the 80s, so he may be interesting...I keep hearing his up-B is one of the best.
Marth I'm very concerned about because I absolutely hated his reach and my main is Fox.

As for the clones, I would'nt exactly think they're clones, more like...they were "Luigified" for lack of a better word. Then again, not many people complained about the Street Fighter games having Ken, Ryu, Akuma and others all doing the Shoryuken, Hadouken and Hurricane Kick...are'nt they all clones too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yeMSMKlxTg
Just be glad there's no more of this.

As for the clones, I would'nt exactly think they're clones, more like...they were "Luigified" for lack of a better word. Then again, not many people complained about the Street Fighter games having Ken, Ryu, Akuma and others all doing the Shoryuken, Hadouken and Hurricane Kick...are'nt they all clones too?

But the thing about that is that they were all original characters who were created just for SF. Smash is about a variety of characters from different games. Kinda different I think.

the Street Fighter characters that share the same moveset, yeah, they do have some minor differences like Ken having a flaming Shoryuken and Akuma being able to shoot multiple Hadoukens and Ryu being able to charge his Hadouken up.

Falco has a slightly stronger handgun but not having rapid fire like Fox's and Young Link/Toon Link is quicker to the older Link. Even though the characters have similar movesets, I guess some players prefer minor changes from an original character like higher jumping over faster running or quick speed over slow power for some characters, everyone has their preferrences.

I've been paying a lot of attention to this game ever since the first trailer came out...it's just too bad I won't ever own it. I don't want a Wii just for SSBB, and I'm happy with my 360. xD

The Wii's got a decent assortment of interesting games like Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes and a dozen others as well as downloadable games, I'd give the Wii some more time until their library is as expansive as the 360's

I like my 360 for the Xbox Live experience. Halo and Call of Duty are a blast to play with my friends later on in the day, and I don't really have to worry about friend codes. Unless they've abolished those...:|

...but for someone without decent high-speed internet, such as us rural folk, XBOX Live is pretty much a non-factor in deciding to get a new system. That being said, I do have a 360 pretty much for Halo 3 and I'm now waiting for some more games to come out. (Devil May Cry 4 is one that looks quite decent)

It's been a while but I thought a bump would do cause I did want to ask this.

Who is playing SSBB and are you asking for a CHALLENGEEEEE!!!???

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back