• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Not like it ever left. What's confusing me is it seems that there's only five stages to do as anyone, period. It's probably just poor writing as five stages per character, but that was the implication I got.

I got word that Lucas is replacing Ness, why cant they just have both characters? I just got use to Ness on melee T_T

nothing has been confirmed on that yet, all we had was a playable demo on E for All and only a few things like wavedashing is gone and Lucas was'nt even playable, it's still too early to call who's been kicked out of the roster now

its been confirmed by players who played the demo at E for All, I left two links of journals of said players who confirmed numerous things, like Fox being seriously nerfed (dammit) and wavedashing being effectively gone since midair dodging goes with your momentum...like you jump up and dodge, you go up or slightly down...so no more extra movement in any direction

however, there is a bright side, you're ALLOWED to jump, attack and anything even after midair dodging instead of being helpless and plummetting downwards to your doom in case you accidentally trigger it when off the edge (happened to me numerous times)

I'm curious as all heck if they're gonna use the 4kids actors for Metaknight (spaniard, like Zorro or something) and King Dedede (southern/texan accent)...would be amusing at the cost of several people groaning about 4kids voice acting a lot of the characters (minus Pokemon since they lost it)

Any body think that they might put some of the other sonic characters in Brawl as Assist Trophies. I know its unlikely, but it would be cool if they did.

however, there is a bright side, you're ALLOWED to jump, attack and anything even after midair dodging instead of being helpless and plummetting downwards to your doom in case you accidentally trigger it when off the edge (happened to me numerous times)

Including airdodge again? If so, there's a problem.

I think there would be a limit to one like they have in Melee, that would be an issue...but if it's possible to be done too many times, they could screw themselves over and fall to their doom if they're not paying attention...just a guess maybe

Last edited:
That is definately one of the best updates so far. Hope it's not too restrictive though. And did anyone else notice the name of the music in the selection? I saw that and was like "ZOMG BRAMBLE BLAST IN BRAWL!!!" and had a joygasm.

And one more thing. Am I the only one that didn't think much of Dedede? Cuz so far people are acting like he's the best character update yet. I think he's just a bandwagon joke thing, but I'm curious just what's so damn great about him.

Its been quiet around here lately.

Anyway, Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid is an assist trophy, which means that its become more likely that they might put sonic characters in as assist trophies.

Tails has already been confirmed as an AT at E for All...

Today's update is Lucas' special moves. Again, it's too early to say, but the text is implying that Ness has been given the boot. "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar."

But at the same time, this seems to smack a bit of Mario and Luigi, in which the standard moves differ quite a bit and only one special is changed. Again, too early to call it.

And to answer Excess about Dedede, I can't answer for everyone, but I'm quite fond of the Kirby series, though mainly Superstar. Meta Knight was more than enough for me, but then they threw in a giant penguin with a hammer. I wholeheartedly approve. Not to mention that more heavyweights are always welcome.

I'm a little upset that Ness seemed to get the boot but as long as they don't cut Falcon or Ganondorf I'll be fine.

I doubt they'd give either the boot. Either way, I suppose we'll have to wait and see for any announcement of characters who got the boot; damn their vague language.

As recent updates have shown, Norfair has been added as a stage as the new Brinstar, Ike's Final Smash has been revealed to be his Up+B move but better, the handicap system has been shown to affect starting damage, not strength and damage taken like previously, Meta Knight's special moves, the Halberd theme, and three taunts instead of one. *breathes again*

I'd say Link has the most devastating taunt. Come on, he releases Navi for a quick second! That's a quick second too many!

Looks like brawl will have a "spectator" option meaning while online nubs get a chance to watch other peoples battles and place bets.. they should of named it the "Lurkers" option.

spectator seems fitting, lurkers just watch and don't do much of anything...Though I find it odd Nintendo's actually encouraging gambling

spectator seems fitting, lurkers just watch and don't do much of anything...Though I find it odd Nintendo's actually encouraging gambling

lol They're betting coins and prizes on the game, if u bet 29 coins on bowser to win and he does, then you win coins and can use it to buy stickers n stuff.

still unlike Nintendo to encourage little kids to gamble XP then again, it was no different in Pokemon when you wanted to get your own Porygon...but I digress

Today's update said that they are bringing back some stages from Melee. Which is great because I really liked the temple stage. So to get some conversation back into this thread I'm asking the question: What was your favorite stage in Melee?

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back