• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

[Text-based RPG] The Supreme Element

Ok, I didn't want to do this, but I need a hint. I'm stuck at the mosaic and art rooms and have no idea what to do with either and I'm fairly certain I've explored everywhere else. Just a hint to point me in the right direction? Anyone?

The puzzle is totally contained within the mosaic and the two art galleries; you don't need to look anywhere but those three rooms. Pay attention to the colors and their placement, and remember the game's favorite verb is "push" 😛

I'm really enjoying the game, the only thing that makes it difficult for me at least is the navigation. I tend to forget where I am going without a visual. It would really help if I had a map to navigate. I actually made my own basic map using paint, even though the map I made is a little crappy it helps me tremendously well.

That's all part of the joy of playing a text-based game! My map is scribbled on a piece of paper somewhere 🙂

Hey Mr Kunzite.... I think I found another bug! XD Since I had to start again I figured I'd find out if I could skip ahead of a quest by fulfilling that codeword quest at the start of the game.... Turns out you can, but you get nothing for it. So word of warning to all who wanted to be a smart arse!

Hey Mr Kunzite.... I think I found another bug! XD Since I had to start again I figured I'd find out if I could skip ahead of a quest by fulfilling that codeword quest at the start of the game.... Turns out you can, but you get nothing for it. So word of warning to all who wanted to be a smart arse!

Ouch, good catch! I'll upload a new version to fix that right now.

What program do i open the game with? I've never encountered a ULX file before 😛

Use the Glulx.exe executable that comes in the zip file. .ulx is the extension for games compiled with the Glulx virtual machine, which is explicitly for Inform, so it's not surprising you've never heard of it 🙂

Use the Glulx.exe executable that comes in the zip file. .ulx is the extension for games compiled with the Glulx virtual machine, which is explicitly for Inform, so it's not surprising you've never heard of it 🙂
ohh, i noticed that the rest of the file came far far below the ULX file ^^ thanks mate

Great game xD always said good games don't need graphics 😛 ....Side note: How to get through massive door? I don't have anything small and round o.o Golden key is also sitting in my purse waiting to find a use xD

Great game xD always said good games don't need graphics 😛 ....Side note: How to get through massive door? I don't have anything small and round o.o Golden key is also sitting in my purse waiting to find a use xD

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Might I suggest that you look around the fortress for someone who's being held captive? There may be a way to save her...

Hm... I'm still stuck at the beginning. Found the thief in the house and got a gem in the forest, but can't find anything else there, only blocked paths and these magic trees which won't tell me their secrets... can't enter the mill, at the pond there is only the fortune teller...

Any hint?

In order to get past the trees, you'll need an item from somewhere else in the forest. Trust me, it's easy to get past them once you have the right item in your inventory! I suggest searching around some more (and if you can't get into the mill, I suggest searching the town, as well!); the items you're looking for are in plain sight. Maybe sketching a map would keep you from getting lost?

Hmm...I seem to be a bit stuck right now. I found the secret altar near the grass circle, and fought the boss. Now I'm not sure what to do now. I've checked around the forest more to see if I could find anything else. I've checked around town and can't seem to find anything to do right now. Maybe a little hint in the right direction would be nice :stickout

Hmm...I seem to be a bit stuck right now. I found the secret altar near the grass circle, and fought the boss. Now I'm not sure what to do now. I've checked around the forest more to see if I could find anything else. I've checked around town and can't seem to find anything to do right now. Maybe a little hint in the right direction would be nice :stickout

Sounds like you're done in the forest area! Try going back to the crossroads and heading in a different direction?

Sounds like you're done in the forest area! Try going back to the crossroads and heading in a different direction?

Wow...The only place I didn't look lol, I looked every where except that one spot. Gah! Big huge facepalm for me.

The puzzle is totally contained within the mosaic and the two art galleries; you don't need to look anywhere but those three rooms. Pay attention to the colors and their placement, and remember the game's favorite verb is "push" 😛

Figured it out, thanks. How often it is that the simple solution eludes me. Of course, the really hard ones elude me too. Onward!!!

this is my first time, playing a game like this, so i could use a little more help. could you provide any additional info/hints for poor homers like me? for instance full list of commands (those not listed in the manual, such as take & open). i don't think i'm gonna have the patience to figure all of those things for myself 🙁

Last edited:
this is my first time, playing a game like this, so i could use a little more help. could you provide any additional info/hints for poor homers like me? for instance full list of commands (those not listed in the manual, such as take & open). i don't think i'm gonna have the patience to figure all of those things for myself 🙁

Generally when it's straight forward, or you find yourself thinking "Will that work?" type it...such as what you said, open box, or take box...Also in case you want to make extra sure type in I, or inventory to check to see if you did in fact take or pick something up.

But yea, generally with these the most common phrases are in there, it's just in the wording, which the game will tell you if it understands or not. The things listed in the guide are almost everything you need.

Also make sure to type in long, or verbose so that the full description of the area is listed every time you enter so you don't have too keep pressing L, or look to figure out if you missed something. But to get a CLOSER look at things type in look at <whatever you want to examine> or examine <whatever you want to examine> and that will give you more description and perhaps more clues. Hope that helped slightly. :]

I could link you to a complete list of library-defined verbs in Inform, but I think that would do more harm than good since there are so many of them. I'd really suggest just deciding what you want to do in the world, and then expressing it in one of the three forms I gave in the manual. More often than not, the game should have some idea what you're trying to do.

ok thanx for your help guys.

here are some problems:

i came to the rickety bridge, but although examination (x) tells me that it should be able to hold my weight, i can't seem to find a way over it

i got to the nest up in the tree, but i don't know what to do then

i discovered the girl in the tunnel, but i don't know what to ask her

Last edited:
ok thanx for your help guys.

here are some problems:

i came to the rickety bridge, but although examination (x) tells me that it should be able to hold my weight, i can't seem to find a way over it

i got to the nest up in the tree, but i don't know what to do then

i discovered the girl in the tunnel, but i don't know what to ask her
The rickety bridge isn't a puzzle. It's just there for atmosphere. You just walk in any direction just like anywhere else.

Leave the bird's nest alone for the time being. The game involves some backtracking 🙂

If you don't know what to ask the pink-haired girl, maybe you haven't been exploring the town quite enough. Remember to read the manual! It tells you everything you need to know about interacting with people.

The rickety bridge isn't a puzzle. It's just there for atmosphere. You just walk in any direction just like anywhere else.

Leave the bird's nest alone for the time being. The game involves some backtracking 🙂

If you don't know what to ask the pink-haired girl, maybe you haven't been exploring the town quite enough. Remember to read the manual! It tells you everything you need to know about interacting with people.

thanx for the hints. i'm sure i'll have more questions soon 🙂

Hi, I'm Kunzite. You may remember me from such text-based games as MTJ's "A New Project". I've been working on a new text-based tickling game recently, and now that it's complete I'd like to share it with the community!

"The Supreme Element" differs from my previous games in that it is an RPG, not a puzzle game. It has a combat engine patterned on 2nd edition AD&D rules (yes, it uses THAC0. I'll pause while you have a laugh.) You'll be fighting a variety of enemies and tickling them into submission. It also uses such basic staples as gold and experience, purchasing armor, and completing quests. I hope this provides a more player-friendly game that won't require as much use of a walkthrough.

Three words:

I love it.

But that's no surprise, since I'm a big fan of "A New Project" too... a late fan, I guess, since I only discovered it last year, but still.
Kunzite, your writing skills are amazing. :cool

I just finished making a map of Fort Kalage and all I can say is damn that town is HUGE!

What's New

9/16/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back