• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

the GREATEST movie scenes

The scene in Raiders where Indy shoots the swordfighter in the chase to get Marion was a fluke. The scene originaly called for Indy and the swordsman to fight with sword and whip. Harrison Ford got food poisoning the day of shooting and could barely stand, much less fight. But he got up and tried it anyway. Unable to even move his whip, and just wanting to go back to bed, he pulled his gun out and shot the guy (blanks), and the stuntman just flew back out of the scene. They where going to reschedule, but Spielberg liked it so much he kept it. If you look at Harrisons face, you see he is covered in sweat, and his mouth looks especially shiney. I think he threw up just before the take. I can't remember if they put a blank in the gun and asked Harison to do it again, or if they rotoscoped a poof of smoke coming out of the muzzle of the gun into the first take footage. Just another accident that became movie history.

buggs

mace vs. jango
dooku vs. yoda
episode II......go see it if you haven`t

jason19tk said:
Every scene in "Spider-Man" that showed what a dork Peter Parker really can be. lol.

Peter trying to shoot webbing-----> " Flyyy!....up, up and away, web!.....shazam, web!......go,web,go!" :blaugh:

That was good one! 🙂 😀

>>>>>HALLOWEEN: When a 'dead' Michael Myers raises up (out of focus) behind Laurie. <<<<<<<

*Total agreement!

>>>>>How about when Yoda fights in Attack of the Clones? <<<<<<

*I thought the entire sequence in which Little Orphan Ani goes after the Sand People was well done, and chilling, in a good way. The light saber attack, and that awesome wide shot of the Jawa Sandcrawlers camped for the night........

As a director, I think Guy Ritchie has done some good stuff:

*Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - When the main character loses the rigged card game, and knows full well now that he has to pay gangsters an impossibly huge some of $$$ or have his fingers cut off.... he stumbles away from the table in dizzying slow motion as "I Wanna Be Your Dog" plays.

*Snatch - So many scenes..... but the "Nemesis" quote equals the Sam Jackson's "You will know my name is the Lord" quotes in Pulp Fiction.

The 3 gangsters in the bar with fake guns trying to rob Bullet Tooth Tony, who has a real gun!

*The swordfight between Tybalt & Mercuio in Zefferelli's Rome & Juliet.

*The Green Fairy sequence and 1st big production number(with the "Smells like Team Spirit" clip) in Moulin Rouge.

*In Hannibal, when, after nearly an hour of screen time (and ten years of real time)of no contact whatsoever, Dr. Letcor picks up a victim's cel phone and more or less accidently hear's Starling's voice, then asks, after a pause...... "Is that you, Clarice?" DAMN! Gore aside, there were some really well crafted images and sequences in that film: The pink box. The Florence Italy footage. The opening of the letter........

*The John Lovitz-as-Hitler scene in Rat Race had me in tears! Again - a lot of great scenes in the entire film!

Last edited:
My Favorite

I think the most powerful scene ever in a movie was in American History X. The scene where derek and his family are eating dinner with his mothers boyfriend who is jewish.....that whole conversation is absolutely mindblowing. It really woke me up. Just My Opinion. 😎

Oddjob........

guy richie definately has done some good stuff

"Field of Dreams" when Keven costners characters father comes out to play catch with him.

"Blazzing Saddles"....the campfire bean scene.

The ending scene of "Unbreakable" when Bruce willis learns it was Samuel L. Jacksons character that caused his train to crash as well as other catastrophies in his quest to find a super hero.

"Once upon a time in the west" when Henry fonda found out why Charles bronson wanted to kill him.

true romance

dialogue between Dennis Hopper and Cristopher Walken, two of the best actors of all time.

How about.....?

Dustin Hoffman in the church at the climactic moment of THE GRADUATE?

Atlanta burning in GONE WITH THE WIND?

The dead & wounded at the train station in GONE WITH THE WIND?

The ape/man crushing the skeletonized skull in 2001?

.........just a few thoughts.........

R

I will always remember the scene in faceoff when nicolas cage walked out of his car and u see his trenchcoat shoot out like bat wings. Also the scene in minority report when the guys look out the window and tom cruise is seen cruising off in a sleek futuristic lambhorgini vehicle.

how about the ***** reflection in the TV in Signs??
(trying not to give it away) 😉 😀

Here are my thoughts:

The first and final scenes of Bladerunner
The Death Star assault in ROTJ (but not the ewoks. We dont speak of the ewoks)
The final scenes of The Directors: 'Springtime for Hitler, in Germany.....' lol, gets me everytime...
The end fight scene between the two lead female charecters in Crouching tiger hidden dragon.
The entire of 12 Angry Men, my all-time fave
The chase scenes in Bullit, Ronin and The French Connection

And for any manga ppl out there, the tank-scene at the end of Ghost in the Shell?

Just thought of another one:

PREDATOR: When Arnie is in an enemy hunt and hears an enemy soldier creeping up behind him, he spins round and flings a knife into the soldier's chest pinning his against a wall. 'Stick Around' says Arnie with a smile. Cool!

I see some really great picks here!

It's impossible for me to narrow down a topic so broad so I'll just throw out two great scenes that haven't been mentioned yet that skirt the line brilliantly between the brutal and the hilarious:

- The opening thirty minutes of A Clockwork Orange, where we are treated to some of the most gratuitiously reprehensible --yet impossibly entertaining -- actions that have ever taken place onscreen. Alex and his "droogs" gang get "sharpened (drugged) up for a bit of the ol' ultraviolence (physical beating) and the ol' in-out, in-out (physical raping)." In addition to these stark, evocative images and music being burnt into your memory forever, this is also a wonderful setup for a great Kubrickian narrative arc. "Viddy well, brothers, viddy well!"

- Mr. Blonde (Michael Madsen) and his twisted dance routine to (overlooked 70s classic) Stealer's Wheel's "Stuck in the Middle with You" as he sadistically slices a cop's ear off and threatens to do much, much more. This is probably one of Tarantino's finest (and most controversial) moments as it encapsulates all of his obsessions -- cops, robbers, pop music, harrowing violence, hilarious dialogue -- as well as a wonderfully surprising and unexpected outcome. "Ahhh, torture you....that's a good idea!" 😱

Funny how you mention the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

My absolute favorite scene ever on film was in Raiders, when Indy is chasing Marion's kidnappers through the streets of Cairo and the crowd parts to bring our hero face-to-face with an expert swordsman who puts on an awesome display of twirling and control...

...only to have Indy non-chalantly pull out his gun and shoot him.

To this day, I still lose it when I see that! And to boot, the whole scen was supposed to be a big, dramatic fight, and Harrison Ford improvised the shooting.

😎

I agree, that scene is as funny as hell!

this task is impossible, but hey, some good scenes!

the ending of american history x
"andy's party" in lost highway
the drill to the head scene in pi
the scene in eraserhead where his head pops off
the part in love liza when the main character finally reads the suicide note

many, many more...

The scene in Chariots of Fire where Ian Holm is waiting nervously in his hotel room to discover the outcome of the 100m race.

We hear the drumroll, the opening bars of God Save the King and see the Union Flag hoisted up the flagpole, visible over the roof of the arena.

Holm, who wasn't allowed in to see Harold Abrahams race because of his professional status, shakily holds his boater to his chest, then sits down on the bed and starts crying, filled with emotion.

Gets a tear in my EVERY time I see it, and I've seen it a lot.

The car chase in French Connection. Will never be another one like it

and in A Few Good Men the scene in court where Jack Nicholson gives Tom Cruise the speech in which he couldn't handle the truth

In the first Godfather when Michael Corleone "Settles all family business" near the end of the flick🙂

I never get tired of this. The way the movie switches back and forth with scenes of the gang killings and scenes of the baptism of Michael Corleone's nephew is pure cinematic genius.

Also, the infamous "Layla" montage in Goodfellas, as well as Joe Pesci's "Whaddya mean I'm funny?" scene from the same movie.

I love gangster movies.

This. From Trainspotting. 😀

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XrvpEIiC1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XrvpEIiC1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This. From Trainspotting. 😀

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XrvpEIiC1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XrvpEIiC1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Classic! lol Best scene of the movie by far.

I agree with the Admiral above, the "I've seen things" dialog/scene from Bladerunner is right up there in my book. "All those moments will be lost in time like tears...in rain." Good stuff.

What's New

9/28/2024
Supporting companies that advertise on the forum helps us also!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back