• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Best pistol to commit suicide with????

kyhawkeye said:
Isn't that the original handgun of choice of James Bond in the early books and movies?

Yup, exactly. That's why I double checked its issue year. 🙂

Further Trivial Trivia: the latest James Bond employs another Walther gun, the P99 selfloader - although it is a way larger gun, less suited for concealed carry.

Kalamos said:
Trivial Trivia: .50 AE are actually worse than .454 Casull or .480 Ruger, but they are the largest ammo routinely chambered by self-loaders [if we could really define a Desert Eagle a self-loader, given it is a single action pistol].

Some prefer custom made .44 M CorBon rounds, since they pack the punch of a .50 AE, with the ballistic qualities of the "slender" .44 M.

I would stick with .357 M or .41 Rem - albeit the latter is much rarer.

I would not suggest a niner to fight zombies with.
Rationale: 9mms are semi-high speed rounds. They puncture but they won't expand much.

In a horror setting with undead, zombies would feel little to no pain, so they would not notice 9mm rounds wounds.
They'd run them through, without causing an appreciable "knockdown" effect.

On the other hand, from 10mm on, rounds have a nice shredding effect, especially with expansive bullets.

I would not suggest 10mm Norma rounds. They were infamous for being unreliable, back then.
On the other hand, .357 Sig or .10 SW might work better, over tried and true gun chassis.

I would go with 9mm only with a full auto machine pistol - such as a Glock 18. But those things eat lead up way too quickly, and you'd be out of ammo after a burst or two.
A Beretta 93R might work better, since it offers a stable shooting platform, and it can be used as an SMG in a pinch.

I would agree, weren't it for the fact revolvers do not jam - not as easily as self-loaders do, at least.

Are you referring to THIS kind of M-295? 😉

-> http://www.bielizna.bajeczka.com/images/MAT/m-295.jpg

you don't need power or go full auto with a pistol. 1 shot in the head will kill it with ANY bullet, but only a headshot or lucky neck shot that severes the spinal cord. in light of which. glock has nice clip size, and all you gotta do is shoot em all in the head and their dead. so powerfull rounds are not an issue. and auto pistols are a waste of ammo, as you'll be really needing every bullet you can get and why use 10 auto rounds to kill a zombie when 1 bullet head shot will do it? and auto pistols jam more too.

revolvers are worse in zombie situations because of reloading. i guarantee when your cornered, hands shaking, trying desperatly to reload your revolver as your dropping bullets, you'd just love the easy realoads and clip size of a glock.

as for the assault rifle, i couldn't remember the exact model number of it, but i play battlefield 2 demo, but the american assault rifle with grenade launcher attachment used thre is what i meant.

*laughs as he has just returned from the Land of the Dead premiere and everyone else hasn't* >=D

in the famous words and actions of Elaine from Seinfeld: "Get out!!!" *pushes DuBob0

how was it?

Bignorm868 said:
you don't need power or go full auto with a pistol.

But you need to place shots carefully. If you are so scared as to fumble ammo, you are also likely to miss from any distance but point-blank.

I am not considering the suicide issue anymore - it's boring. 🙂

1 shot in the head will kill it with ANY bullet, but only a headshot or lucky neck shot that severes the spinal cord. in light of which. glock has nice clip size, and all you gotta do is shoot em all in the head and their dead.

As I said, against undead, maybe I'd go with another model.

Why?

Well, it's a matter of tastes. I am no expert shooter, so I am relating.
I can't be sure it's hard fact.

While lighter and longer lasting - at least the military 17 shots version - than other guns from the same time frame, Glocks are considered unwieldy and slippery, due to both their shape and composition.

After a couple of shots you'd have to lower your aim again, so you wouldn't be shooting more than a couple of rounds without wasting the burst, anyway.

And the damned plastic thing would be like a clump of wet soap in your sweaty, quivering hands.

If you ask me, I'd go with Walthers or Sigs.
Maybe a Beretta Cheetah or a Cougar, something more readily available to civilian shooters, where I live.

It's all about availability, of course.

I wouldn't take a Desert Eagle either, for completely different reasons.
Yes, they are fun, they look cool in games, but...

DE are single action self loaders. You have to cock them when you first load your magazine.

Magazine is not fixed, but free to move around its axis.
This allows the rimmed round to be chambered in a self loader.

This also means, if you touch the magazine while shooting, you risk hurting your hands and jamming the gun.

Definitely not something I'd long for while surrounded by ravenous undead.

and auto pistols jam more too.

That's usually true, especially considering barrel heat and the possibility of duds.

Not all guns are made the same, though; some tend to jam more often than others.
Beretta 92s for example are less likely. Beretta Cougars more - but they are lighter.

You should also take weight and shape in consideration, and of course proficiency and familiarity.

How familiar are you with a foreign military gun, exactly? 😀

as for the assault rifle, i couldn't remember the exact model number of it, but i play battlefield 2 demo, but the american assault rifle with grenade launcher attachment used thre is what i meant.

Ah, you didn't visit that link, then. 😉
Too bad.

She was fun...

My! This post of mine is completely pointless!
Good.

I am keeping at it.

I would place it in your mouth and try to position it so it blows your medula oblongata away, you won't feel anything. Its near the bottom of your head. Make sure you don't just shoot through the back of your neck though. My dad knew a guy that seemed to fail at everything so he tried to kill himself but just shot his neck. So he failed at suicide too, lol. Good luck with everything. Let us know how it goes.

Im actually a big believer in self-deliverance because its your life and if you want to end it it should be your choice. However arent we breaking the law by telling this dude all this "how to" info? Isnt that aiding and abbetting a sucide? I dont care one way or the other but one of the rules of this site is no illegal activities to be discussed and telling someone whos suicidal what gun to buy and where to point is might bring the authorities down on the TTC if this guy changes his mind and kills himself.

Melissa666 said:
Im actually a big believer in self-deliverance because its your life and if you want to end it it should be your choice. However arent we breaking the law by telling this dude all this "how to" info? Isnt that aiding and abbetting a sucide? I dont care one way or the other but one of the rules of this site is no illegal activities to be discussed and telling someone whos suicidal what gun to buy and where to point is might bring the authorities down on the TTC if this guy changes his mind and kills himself.

He isn't suicidal he's merely asking what everyone thought... :weird:

Oh ok my mistake then. Just looking out for the TTC is all...you can make me a moderator now! 😎

DuBobO said:
*laughs as he has just returned from the Land of the Dead premiere and everyone else hasn't* >=D

You lucky bastard!

How was it? Don't say anything about the movie, though. I just want to know how good it seems.

One question: Is there a decent decomposition rate of the Zombies in this one? From the trailer it seemed that they weren't rotting much at all.

but the smartest thing to do, is to get all the guns you come across, andd all the ammo too. and bring it to you little fortress of solitude, that's your best bet.

I'm kinda partial to the Glocks myself. I wouldn't go for a full automatic or anything, however. It's a waste for yourself and you'd whip through ammo too fast for the zombies. I'd stick with the Glock 19 (9mm) or 23 (40 s&w). Shorter barrel length, (the older ones have better grips, no safety's except for a "drop safety") and they take a beating. Probably load with a hollow point maybe a 135 grain or so. That should dish out enough damage to you and the zombies. 'Course you should take a gun safety course before going out to hunt zombies. 😎

Of course you could find HP rounds only overseas.
Forced expansion bullets are illegal here - even for policemen.

We're discussing what type of gun to use in case of a zombie outbreak?

okay...just checking. 😛 carry on

Yep. Over here ticks are way rarer. Zombies on the other hand...

Kal, can you legally obtain pre-failed ammunition such as Quik-Shok or Glaser Safety Slugs? Technically those aren't considered "expanding" bullets in many US states that prohibit expanding rounds. If I could not legally use expanding or pre-failed ammuntion, I would carry a .45 ACP with slow, heavy FMJ rounds.

Kalamos said:
Of course you could find HP rounds only overseas.
Forced expansion bullets are illegal here - even for policemen.

Well, living up here in Canada, they're pretty much a no go as well. Under all circumstances, the best rounds for Zombie hunting would have to come from a plain old gun shop.

I read reviews of safety paint slugs - so I'd assume they are allowed here, to some extent.
As far as I know, most other kinds of bullets are forbidden.

I think civilian shooters can only have ball and FMJ rounds; don't even know if HP [and related ammo] can be employed by the army.

While I am not partial on giving guns to everybody, I do realise that HPs do serve a purpose.
Being humane is a thing.
Shooting a bystander *through* a criminal is another - and it's happened before.

Lacking HPs, the next best thing are hard plastic slugs; they are semi-lethal rounds: they fail to fragment, but they still give a hard punch when they collide. A vital shot is still fatal.

Those are allowed to police, but they are rarely used, except for target practice, since they "pollute" less than lead bullets [I am not kidding, lead dust can be unhealthy for shooters in enclosed ranges]

Most shooters here either employ .38S or 9mm. Dunno about firing charges. They could be +P rounds.
Some use .357M or 9mm IMI; American calibers are considerably rarer, since we can't hunt with small arms - not really a problem, but that curtails market options.

Vests are far and few, so Class II firearms are still widespread over here; only armies employ HV rounds [5,7mm] but I don't think they are available to the common shooter anyway.

I wouldn't put my finger on that, but I think even vests require a license - or at least a rationale to buy and wear them.
Without, you are guaranteed to raise a brow or two, if found wearing one - a waste, since they'd prevent accidents probably better than airbags.

Thingamabob.

for zombies, hollow point rounds are best for most flesh damage.

Bignorm868 said:
for zombies, hollow point rounds are best for most flesh damage.

True, hollow points do make good ammo for tissue damage, but are very iffy for penetration purposes(I learned this by shooting at flag poles while drunk). They have a very good chance of deflecting off of Zombie skulls. As for suicide, they SHOULD be effective enough if the gun was placed in my mouth.

Prehapse.

dussicar said:
True, hollow points do make good ammo for tissue damage, but are very iffy for penetration purposes(I learned this by shooting at flag poles while drunk). They have a very good chance of deflecting off of Zombie skulls. As for suicide, they SHOULD be effective enough if the gun was placed in my mouth.

Prehapse.

lol, zombie skulls are as strong or weaker than human skulls, silly. so it will penetrate and kill them.

It really depends on the average zombie skull's thickness and density.
Assuming they are sufficiently decayed, their bones might become brittle, and their tissues rotten.

HPs could rend chuncks off, but if zombies were controlled by an external source, even shooting vitals would serve no purpose. They are dead already, aren't they? 😉

Besides, I'd go for the kneecaps: you are going to waste ammo anyway, so at least try and slow them down. Without legs they can't shamble towards you. And as long as they are far, you are safe and well, and can aim more or less accurately.

If they ever came at a closer range than comfortable, a hand weapon might come in much handier: sheer mass and momentum could drive a body back, even a body incapable of feeling any pain altogether.

I'd go for a machete, or an axe. Even a shovel might work.

I've never tried suicide with a shovel, though.

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back