• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Best pistol to commit suicide with????

Kalamos said:
If it is anything like a 7.63 Mauser, it should be about 1.5 inches tall and less than 1 cm wide, at the rim.

basically, what i'm asking, is it a powerful round?

Would you allow me to deeply despise you for a... say... one full minute?
Thanks.

* Deeply despises Norm for asking *

Now... over most sensible places in the world, a gun would be considered a dangerous piece of walking whupass, something you don't want shoved down your throat, or up your ass.

Over most sensible places in the world.

Over a fairly extensive, yet not so densely inhabited stretch of land, anything under a .45 ACP is routinely scoffed off as - I'm quoting freely here - "gay".

When they invented those rounds, all the way back in time, they often had in mind officers, policemen and other guys who could use a handarm, but wouldn't put up with the weight and bulk of a full rifle.

If you shoot somebody in the nogging, or straight in the heart, from say 20-40 yards, then yes, anything but a sound suppressed .22LR can be considered lethal - and thus effective.

If you are asking me if you can down a moose or a ravenous bear with one shot, using those peashooters, then, as you have probably guessed already, the answer is nay.

It would be an interesting topic, debating of USA vs Europe gun philosophy.
And give rise to questions such as: why in many American states is wholly legal to pack a .50 AE revolver, but you can't have a 15-shorts-magazine Cz.22?

Maybe next time. 🙂

thanks for explaining that, but what i'm truly getting at is this:

example: a .22 round does minimal damage to tissue and such, but can't pierce body armor.

a .50 cal rifle round will pierce thin armor, brick walls, cars, etc. and has massive tissue damage, and can nearly blow a limb off.

so i meant something like that.

It would be like comparing arrows and boulders.

A .22LR is used to train cops cheaply, using the same guns they're going to employ on duty.

The bullet itself is fairly slow, underpowered by any means, but since it doesn't kick like a .45 does, it's good to get shooters rid of flinching.

Most novelists have their killers pack a modified .22, cause they make up oddities as crystal bullets, meat bullets, ice bullets and the like.
I don't know how much of that is based on hard fact, and how much is pure fiction.

I can say that a .22 is a nasty round because it is slow, but fairly decent at penetrating soft tissues, and has the nasty habit of expanding and splintering, because it is one of the few natively jacketless rounds ...er... around.

Gods forbid, somebody shot you with a .38 S, you'd quite feel it, but if you were lucky to survive the experience, you'd have a fairly clean wound.
Quicker dense rounds tend to pass through, without leaving muck behind.

A .22 stays in. And that's bad.
Even if it wouldn't scratch even the flimsiest class IA vest.

Kalamos said:
Most novelists have their killers pack a modified .22, cause they make up oddities as crystal bullets, meat bullets, ice bullets and the like.
I don't know how much of that is based on hard fact, and how much is pure fiction.

i've seen that on an episode of CSI once, the guy used a frozen meat bullet.

I was just thinking of it too.
That episode posed multiple issues with heat melting the bullet before it left the barrel, and the melting ice seeping through to the primer, thus preventing ignition.

But it was one heck of an episode. 🙂

Bignorm868 said:
basically, what i'm asking, is it a powerful round?
It has a high level of penetration, so it's not suited for the police, but it's very good for the military. In Croatia the M57-s have been replaced by the new 9mm HS2000 (in USA sold as Springfield XD9), but unfortunately many cops still use them. Also, after the war ended in 1995, most people kept them illegaly.
Few years ago, some drunk guy at the wedding was shooting in the air with the M57, and one round ricochet of something, hit the concrete floor, ricochet again, and killed 3 women (the bullet went through their belly).

I'm almost happy people won't invite me over to weddings... 😀

I'm not sure if this had been mentioned before, pardon me if it has.

I don't think the pistol would make any difference. Any pistol would do the job. The trick is not to shoot yourself in the skull. The skull is particularly hard and resistant, so we'll by pass the hard part - put the barrel into your mouth, making sure that the muzzle is pointing at the soft palette of the upper surface of your mouth. The bullet would be guaranteed to enter the brain and cause enough damage to get an almost instant kill - this was what I learnt during my Combat Medic years.

Did they routinely teach you how to seppuku out of the fray?!

Just joking. 🙂

i've learned as a combat medic: don't give someone cpr when there were shot in the head.

and don't massage someone's shoulders to heal a bullet wound in the foot.

You sure showed promise, if they went to share those gems with you...

😉

Bignorm868, rofl! Yes you are right, the correct procedure to treat a shot in the head is to tickle the soldier until he shows some response. If he doesn't, well, keep doing it until he gives some response or until you're shot in the head yourself.

SyDemon said:
Bignorm868, rofl! Yes you are right, the correct procedure to treat a shot in the head is to tickle the soldier until he shows some response. If he doesn't, well, keep doing it until he gives some response or until you're shot in the head yourself.

glad you liked that, got that from a quote from the web series Red vs. Blue. it's really great, you should go check it out.

www.redvsblue.com

LOL yeah I love Red vs Blue. It's amazing how they orchestra all the little things in Halo to create their flicks.

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back