• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Edge

You know I went to Cooperstown as a kid and I think the fact I am totally into baseball more and more in recent years I should take a trip up there one day again.

I have been there twice. The first time was back in 1958, when my family went on a driving vacation to Niagara Falls and stopped in Cooperstown on the way back. The second time was about ten years ago.
I enjoyed both visits. 😀

I love museums and going to the city so I should probably love going there. I think my family and you are 2 big reasons I've gotten more into baseball in recent years again. I lost my love for it for a bunch of years.

My college years (1968 to 1972) were when my interest in baseball was lowest. The fact that the Dodgers had a bad team in those years helped that along.

Yeah that makes sense. It's not as fun to follow when your team is really bad. I'm not even talking Chicago White Sox bad!

With their 107th loss on September 1st, the White Sox set a new record for their franchise for losses in a season. And this was with 24 more games to play. 😱

Will they break the record for most losses in a season?
Funny my first Yankee game I went to this year I saw them. I knew they were bad but not this bad.

They got worse after the trade deadline, as do most teams not in contention who trade away their few stars for future prospects.

They might break the modern record for most losses in a season (1962 NY Mets were 40-120).
But, they will not break the all-time record (1899 Cleveland Spiders were 20-134).

They lost 10 in a row again now. Mets swept them too.
My 89,000th post 🙂.

I wish to say ....

CONGRATULATIONS to EDGE on making his 89,000th post!!! This reaches the rank of Third Level Iron Feather!

:xpulcy: :bouncybou :bouncybou :bouncybou :xpulcy:
This is only the fourth time that anybody has reached that number of posts. 😀

Cool this morning woke up to 53 here. Some places not far from me were in the 40s!

I saw the 3-month forecast for Sep-Nov and they said we will be solidly above normal temps. But they can barely predict tomorrow!

I do too but it definitely has started cooler than some Septembers have!

Maybe it'll warm up as the month goes on...as long as we aren't freezing cold too soon I can't deal with that cold anymore.

I'm with you Mils! I hope we can make it that far without it. It's supposed to get warmer this coming week so that's at least one good sign!

The only good thing about the early cooler mornings is it gets you used to 50s so now you won't feel as chilly next time it comes...at least that's how my theory works.

I don't like chilly mornings in spite of their ability to make me used to colder weather.

Well at least this time of year dealing with cooler mornings only and not afternoons too 🙂.

What's New

9/16/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back