• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Edge

I've only been to the new Yankee Stadium once. I saw Yasiel Puig hit his first home run on the road for the Dodgers.

Did you wear a Dodgers hat? Hopefully nobody bothered you.

Did you wear a Dodgers hat? Hopefully nobody bothered you.
I was wearing both a Brooklyn Dodgers cap (a replica; the last originals were manufactured in 1957) and also a Dodgers leather jacket with patches of the then five L.A. Dodgers World Series victories on it.

In spite of the fact that these include patches commemorating the Dodgers victories over the Yankees in 1963 and 1981, nobody bothered in Yankee Stadium.

I hear Philly is like the toughest city to wear an opposing jersey.
Are you ok with the cooler weather?

Yes, as long as it doesn't go below 65°F.

Also, I wish to say ....

CONGRATULATIONS to EDGE on making his 88,000th post!!!

:xpulcy: :bouncybou :bouncybou :bouncybou :xpulcy:
Too bad no new rank comes with it.
This is only the fourth time that anybody has reached that number of posts. 😀

Thank you Mils!
And it was in the 50s here the last couple of mornings!

I still wouldn't change from shorts. I think it's going to start warming up some again!

No I can't although the dress code we used to have really dropped off since Covid.
Ironically I used to wear what I called "K-Mart" clothes before Covid while most other people dressed nicer than me and since then I've gone the other way buying more expensive clothes and fancy dress shirts (sometimes colorful) while others have started dressing less.
I wear jeans every Friday which is cool.

It's nice that they have casual Fridays.
Where I was on the faculty, dressing up went roughly by age. The younger faculty dressed more casually than the people my age, and people in the generation older than me generally wore neckties just to teach.

The last time I tried to put a tie on was when I went for a job interview at the job I'm currently at for 12 years. I tried to put it on while in my car and threw it off. I said I'm not going to get this job based on a tie. I got the job. Never wore a tie since. Swore them off.

Speaking of age Mils seeing Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Mariano Rivera etc. being "old timers" at Old Timers Day today makes me feel really old.

Well, of the players I admired in my youth, Snider, Campanella, Robinson, Reese, Hodges, Mays, Ford, Berra, and Mantle are all dead. Koufax is 88 years old.

I remember seeing Joe D and Mantle etc. coming out when I was a kid. They don't play the game anymore though which is the whole point. I kind of wish they'd go back to it. Would be fun to see these guys play.

I'll be gone most of the day Mils...but will be back this evening. Hope the Yankees win!

It was a great day at the stadium. Pre-Game tour was really cool. We were right near the field and saw Andy Pettitte (my favorite Yankee). He was there for old timers day on Saturday and was helping a couple of the pitchers on Sunday. It was funny at one point he yelled at someone saying you don't know how to pitch basically that you can't just throw hard. Someone yelled to him you could still do it Andy. He laughed. And Judge is unreal. 2 more homers. I saw quite a game.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your day at Yankee Stadium and saw Pettitte, who was on four World Series championship teams.

Yes he pitched a lot of big games in his career. I'm working 4 days this week then off 4 days for the holiday weekend.
When do the Cyclones end their season?

The Cyclones play their last game on Sunday, September 8th. They won't be in post season after that. 🙁

Oh I thought they actually already finished. I used to think minor leagues ended before Labor Day.

There are short-season minor leagues that play only from June through August. But, there are also long-season minor leagues that play from April to September.
The Cyclones were in a short-season minor league from 2001 until 2019. All minor league baseball was shut down during 2020. MLB used the opportunity to re-organize the minor leagues, cutting down on expenses for all MLB teams by limiting themselves to one team at each minor league level. In 2021, the Cyclones were re-classified as a High-A team, meaning long season, and put into a different league.

See I didn't realize that. You learn something new everyday. I don't know if I have anything to share with you that you don't know already lol.
Working today then off 4 days for Labor Day Weekend!

What's New

9/16/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back