• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Kimiko needs a title

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think even the Mods know for sure how many levels there are. However, I think Kimiko here is going to find all the ones there are.

*Assorted* austrian pastry.
I treat myself the best I can get. 😉

A proposito, hows il mio italiano? Sto provando un nuovo programma e
sto imparando mentre vado avanti. 🙂

I dare you!
You'd lose your bearings just outside Calais.

😛

Direi che:

1) il programma va bene.

2) sei piuttosto sveglia.

3) hows = com'è.

Why bother? I can speak some english, should need arise.

😉

Number 2 came out as 6 rather wide awake 1 >.< . Meh, I like to learn new things, so may as well try a language 🙂 .

Ah. Hablas tu espanol? Yo hablo bastante bien espanol y ingles muy bien.

Well, stop talking, and start walking.

If you can find your way to Dover...

😉

Yeah. Too bad for me I'm easy to find. Just catch a flight to Sea-Tac and...
...oops *goes to look for a new hideout*

Calais Calais. That'd be the one where Drake wiped out a chunk of the Spanish fleet yes? Singed the kings beard, so to speak...

Pequenha y baratita.

Just joking.

Ah, 2) was meant to mean "you're fairly smart".
Just one of those lovable "features" of italian lang.

😀

Currently, is the neared point to "mainland".
Cut it with anglo-centrism for a sec!

😀 😀 😀

Hehe. Dont understand the top bit at all.

By the way, I assume Italian bears a lot of resemblance with Latin, would I be right?

Hehe. I'm not particularly patriotic, just got to put bits like that in occasionaly 😛 . To be honest my favourite historical figure is probably Napoleon Beunapart (Think I spelled it right), and my favourite period of history would be the Peninsular campaign, and basically the whole period around 1780 - 18 0ish.

lonelykimiko said:
By the way, I assume Italian bears a lot of resemblance with Latin, would I be right?
Not quite. You would be surprised to know how close to english latin actually is.

Well I know its one of the 3 major influences on our language, those being Latin/Greek, Vicking/Anglo-Saxon and Norman (French basically). Interesting fact, after the Norman conquest, when the Normans were lords around England, and meat was brough to the table, they would call it by its French name, such as mutton, or pork. Thats why we use those words to describe meat!

... Ok, you've hacked my pc.
I was telling Valerie just about that.

😀

Isn't Terry Deary a blast? 🙂

It's true. If you look at a lot of Latin words and phrases, it can be pretty surprising how many of them you'd know just from looking at it. I'm no expert, but I know a few things here and there.
Me ineptum=silly me. Me=e ineptum=silly or inept.
Also my personal favorite:
Quando omni flunkus moritati (I'm guessing on the spelling there)=When all else fails, play dead. Now this one actually bears a closer resemblance to Spanish, with Quando being Cuando, or when, and some of the other words fitting in. Flunkus is fail, and is where we get our word flunk, and moritati bears a close resemblance to Muerte, the Spanish word for dead or death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back