• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Scenes of Desperation

About desperation:

Just wanted to add to Bombers' refreshed information that the scene doesn't need to end in (serious) injury or death. It can just as well be falling in a pool and getting wet, losing clothes or being exposed and ending into some embarrassing situation... or as simple as risk breaking one's favourite expensive vase.

Example: Party pooper - Jen falls in a pool of mud.

I am sorry Bombers and je4 but this has been brought up many many times on here. It is a simple thing to read the first page of the topic.
Since this thread has been so woefully contaminated with off-topic pics, I once thought of starting a new one called "Predicament Tickling" as an earlier poster described. Then it could be carefully watched to make sure all off-topic pics are deleted. If somebody else wants to take that idea and run with it, I have no objection.

P.S. the scene in Bridge Ahoy is not a particularly dangerous one. The bridge is over a river, not over solid ground. Maybe Olive is aquaphobic, but she does fall into the river near the end of the cartoon and swims to shore.

🙂 just found something :rolleyes its from a japanese game :drool

Ah....

P.S. the scene in Bridge Ahoy is not a particularly dangerous one. The bridge is over a river, not over solid ground. Maybe Olive is aquaphobic, but she does fall into the river near the end of the cartoon and swims to shore.

You are so totally right... It's been so long since I watched the episode fully... no pavement... It's water folks.

However, after finally re-watching the episode for the first time in years, I see given the height that Olive Oyl and all the other characters were on the bridge, a fall from there would STILL be lethal giving the faller multiple blunt force trauma. Olive Oyl is still very much in a dangerous predicament in real life standards. According to a "suicide by bridge" article, in the case of the sudden change in inertia once hitting the water from a great distance, your internal organs would still keep going from the set inertia and be torn loose. If THAT doesn't kill you, the impact of the water might knock you unconscious and then you could possibly drown.

Or... you could be severely maimed with broken bones and what not... Falling in water from a great distance is like falling on concrete, or being hit my a car. There's a very slight chance that none of this could happen to you if you fell into the water in the right body position. But I'm sure a tickle flustered flailing Olive Oyl wouldn't be so focused! It's a good thing cartoon physics exist for Popeye and the rest to keep them safe from nasty physics... otherwise they'd really be in a mess! 😀

Last edited:
... after finally re-watching the episode for the first time in years, I see given the height that Olive Oyl and all the other characters were on the bridge, a fall from there would STILL be lethal giving the faller multiple blunt force trauma. Olive Oyl is still very much in a dangerous predicament in real life standards. ...

And there may be sharks down there! Assumably they're sailing the ocean...

I once thought of starting a new one called "Predicament Tickling" as an earlier poster described.

That wouldn't help. I don't even know what the word 'predicament' means. I'm a non-native English speaker and that's too difficult a word, even though I am pretty good at English, I don't know that one. I know what desperation means, on the other hand. 😉

Yeah guys I do not see why a cartoon should have any serious discussion about actual danger.

Oh boy.

First of all, I don't think ANY cartoon character anywhere has ever suffered damage from falling into water, no matter what the height. Sure, IRL most people who jump off of high bridges into deep water die, although there have been a few remarkable instances of survival (I think it's all in how you hit the water positionally, e.g., Mexican cliff diving) but we're talking about cartoons with guys bending steel girders (even before they gobble their spinach :lol), using jackhammers as pogo sticks and other cartoon fantaphysics.

More to the point, the confusion in this thread is precisely because "desperation" is too broad a term. All of tickling is desperation for an unwilling lee. The key to predicament tickling is that there is a precise definition, namely the one alluded to in the OP.

If you don't know what we're talking about, look it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predicament_bondage

The pic posted by Linda R is a perfect example of predicament bondage. The new phrase predicament tickling is a perfect parallel:

the unwilling lee must suppress some or all of her ticklish responses to avoid another bad consequence that may be even worse than enduring the tickling

Last edited:
Yeah guys I do not see why a cartoon should have any serious discussion about actual danger.

Not much a discussion on the cartoon... just on the situation in the cartoon that would constitute it as dangerous in real life... 🙂

We need more discussion on situations like this lest we find more posters posting the wrong pics for this thread!

Come to think of it, predicament does actually make more sense than desperation since it is more specific... Too bad we can't change the name of this thread... 😀

Nice pic Linda R! 🙂

That wouldn't help. I don't even know what the word 'predicament' means. I'm a non-native English speaker and that's too difficult a word, even though I am pretty good at English, I don't know that one. I know what desperation means, on the other hand.

This is a fair point, but on the other hand "predicament" is also more specific (and applies to a narrower range of situations, which is probably why you haven't heard of it) but I don't think the word itself is really the problem. A glance at the OP and the pictures on the first page should presumably clear up any confusion about what we're going for.

This is a fair point, but on the other hand "predicament" is also more specific (and applies to a narrower range of situations, which is probably why you haven't heard of it) but I don't think the word itself is really the problem. A glance at the OP and the pictures on the first page should presumably clear up any confusion about what we're going for.

A glance at the OP is nice. More so, the first few pages of pictures should certainly be enough no matter what language you speak to get the point across. Predicament may be a better word than desperation, but I agree with Jaynin that it isn't the word which is causing the problem. It is people posting without doing their homework. That is the problem. I think that I have posted explanations three times in this thread. I appreciate the fact that people are trying to get into the act and want to contribute to the thread people just need to think first.

As for cartoon physics versus reality I think that this thread in particular the situation is important. No, nobody is going to actually get harmed. I think that it would be very hard to use actual images of actual people for this thread. It would either look too fake or would cross the lines of legality. Art is perfect for this thread because you can push that boundary where one can enjoy viewing that situation without actually putting someone in danger. Not that these situations are only about physical harm. There is a wide latitude of situations for those who truly understand what this thread is about.

Very nice add neo metal sonic.

@Nutman. where exactly did you find that image from a game from?

Last edited:
I really can't look through 75 pages at the moment~ <3 But...hee~ x3 Since she's being dragged into the hole~ I think this qualifies. ^~

Last edited:
I really can't look through 75 pages at the moment~ <3 But...hee~ x3 Since she's being dragged into the hole~ I think this qualifies. ^~

It's quite a nice find indeed. Not sure if she's being dragged into or trying to climb out of said hole, but I'll not nitpick, as it works either way!

As a side note, whenever I'm not busy (which is sadly not often) I am slowly working my way through Cancer's Tickle Tower series, which is the origin of that picture. So when I get to the chapter that pertains to it, I'll be sure to let everyone know what's happening.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back