• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Who Hunts Monsters [MV]

Ah, my mistake. Had assumed the selection was exclusive to the queen's scenes.

Brief Update

hi all .-. sorry for the silence, but i've been hard at work on Chapter 2...it's a real doozy, but i'm finally making meaningful progress outside of the database 😀 so yay!

today i'd like to post a couple of videos. the first is a newly revamped intro to the game. still mostly text, but now there are pictures o-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdLBewHi8Uo

Next, is a preview of Chapter 2! I hope you all enjoy it ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V2XrV4bUDI

Chapter 2 is coming up and I'm still trying to beat the fucking fairy.

.-. don't worry...Titania is supposed to be really hard, and Chapter 2 isn't anywhere nearing release. i'm only just now designing the maps after all this time. i spent forever re-designing skills, designing the quests, the random encounters, tons of new engines in play, and writing the story. it probably won't see beta until near the middle of july.

Indie expo version keeps telling me: Failure to load: audio/se/Cursor3.m4a

.-. very odd, it loads just fine for me. Now it's worth noting, the "Play" version on Indiexpo is currently the demo for Chapter 2, so previous saves are likely incompatible.

New Title ^_^

who_hunts_monsters___new_title__by_brewed_war-da9m3c1.png

So in case you haven't seen it in my signature yet, I made a new title for the game! along with the updates i'm making along the way, and the new chapter coming, i'm wanting to make major quality of life and just overall quality updates.

for example (sigh) until I finish the game, i'm enabling Saving from the menu.

i'm going to keep putting in save points, but until the game is completed, i'll let everyone save from the menu to help with finding/fixing bugs and such.

Last edited:
New intro screen is nice.

I'm being told that during the intro, when stuff says "Press OK to continue," tapping doesn't count as pressing okay. So mobile users can't play it on a tablet. Anyone able to confirm?

New intro screen is nice.

I'm being told that during the intro, when stuff says "Press OK to continue," tapping doesn't count as pressing okay. So mobile users can't play it on a tablet. Anyone able to confirm?

i'm sure there's a number of issues on mobile >_< i'm looking into ways to address those.

went through and added an option for improved mobile controls. unfortunately, it doesn't fix everything (still have to two-finger tap to back out of menus) but it should make controlling on the map easier, and it adds a button necessary for Chapter 2.

unfortunately, with the way mv handles Auto Run scripts and touch controls, there was no way to make the intro work with the current "press ok to continue" implementation. so i've made the whole thing time based. it will, unfortunately, be a tit bit longer for pc players who could just hold Enter, but it'll now work for mobile users.

edit: added screenshot of new mobile controls. Good news, they do not cover up message boxes!

edit: Indiexpo now has the new mobile controls playable. it's unfortunately not ideal for smaller devices as there's no way to get rid of that obnoxious bar at the top of the indiexpo page. But for tablets, it should be much nicer now!

Edit: Indiexpo is garbage for phone users. But, I've updated the Google Drive link to work for phone users, let me know if it works!

Mobile: http://googledrive.com/host/0BzDgWXLHu_qWR1hZMzBmTEo1OWs

Mobile controls should be fairly intuitive. The arrows are to move, the speech bubble button is your Action button, and the lines are your menu. To back out of a choice, or leave the menu, just tap on the screen with two fingers ^_^

Attachments

• new mobile controls.png
    new mobile controls.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
3/7 of the main quest objectives for Chapter 2 have been completed. once those are done, (4 more maps to do...) i'll be moving on to finishing the sidequests, designing the mini-boss and boss, and then putting together the wrap up cutscene.

ALSO: with Chapter 2, i fully intend to include the Hardcore dungeon and boss with the initial release. as a result <_<; it's going to be even longer for the release thanks to balancing and designing. but Chapter 2 will easily have the most new content the game has ever seen ^_^ i hope you're excited still, i know it's been a really really long time.

WE'RE SUPER CLOSE TO LAUNCH O_O i have 2 fights to design and balance, 4 Game Overs to write, and the sidequests to put in, but Chapter 2 is REALLY close to completion!

So as much as I've been promising I want to launch the Hardcore quest with Chapter 2, the size of Chapter 2 is staggering...so I'm going to hold off on the Hardcore quest until after launch. Trust me, there's a lot of content in Chapter 2 to keep you entertained while I work on it ^_^

WE'RE SUPER CLOSE TO LAUNCH O_O i have 2 fights to design and balance, 4 Game Overs to write, and the sidequests to put in, but Chapter 2 is REALLY close to completion!

So as much as I've been promising I want to launch the Hardcore quest with Chapter 2, the size of Chapter 2 is staggering...so I'm going to hold off on the Hardcore quest until after launch. Trust me, there's a lot of content in Chapter 2 to keep you entertained while I work on it ^_^
"Do you want this game?"
"I WANT IT!"

so people have mentioned to me that sometimes items don't give the stats I say they do...i found out why. one of the plugins i was using was giving a default variance of 5 to all the items you don't buy. meaning a weapon with +6 attack could have anywhere from 1 attack to 11 attack.

I have turned that off .-. it's cool, but not good in a game with low numbers where i'm trying to keep balance fairly tight. and i feel its not fair if you get a bad roll on an improved weapon, so much so that its not better than your old weapon, and then you go up against a boss based on the roll i intended. additionally, if you get a perfect roll, it might even trivialize the content. so i think it will be better with it off.

as far as updates go, i have 1 more sidequest to do!!!

then all that's on my work list is the two boss fights, and their respective gameover and punishment scenes. 3 punishment scenes, 4 game overs.

once those are done, hopefully soon, i'll begin full scale beta-testing of chapter 2!!

so people have mentioned to me that sometimes items don't give the stats I say they do...i found out why. one of the plugins i was using was giving a default variance of 5 to all the items you don't buy. meaning a weapon with +6 attack could have anywhere from 1 attack to 11 attack.

I have turned that off .-. it's cool, but not good in a game with low numbers where i'm trying to keep balance fairly tight. and i feel its not fair if you get a bad roll on an improved weapon, so much so that its not better than your old weapon, and then you go up against a boss based on the roll i intended. additionally, if you get a perfect roll, it might even trivialize the content. so i think it will be better with it off.

as far as updates go, i have 1 more sidequest to do!!!

then all that's on my work list is the two boss fights, and their respective gameover and punishment scenes. 3 punishment scenes, 4 game overs.

once those are done, hopefully soon, i'll begin full scale beta-testing of chapter 2!!

Cool! That's really good to know!

You're working very hard on it so it can only be excellent!

Um... I have a problem with the googledrive version. Started replaying entire game since my save was unplayable after the updates from few weeks/months ago. And now I am stuck at the start of Chapter 1, after training with Bacardi and becoming able to switch classes, Captain Morrigan still keeps just saying that Angie deserves a break, and doesn't give any quests.

Oh and also should the download of Indiexpo version be 250MB package that doesn't have game but only quest editor, and stuff like the punishment screens(Some of them from chapter 2... kinda spoiling the ticklish spots of few monster girls XD)?

that sounds wrong for indiexpo. but in all versions of the game, once you finish the quest with bacardi, you go back to your room, pick up your supplies, then talk to Guinness. after, you can speak to Morrigan to begin Chapter 1

that sounds wrong for indiexpo. but in all versions of the game, once you finish the quest with bacardi, you go back to your room, pick up your supplies, then talk to Guinness. after, you can speak to Morrigan to begin Chapter 1

The problem is that in the google version, the chest that used to show in older version, containing the basic equipment for classes(Which I suspect is what you mean by "supplies") doesn't show up. Instead I can just switch classes at the wardrobe, but even after switching into them all for a moment, resting, talking to Guiness(Who just keeps repeating his line about remembering to rest), and Captain Morrigan also keeps repeating her line about Angie having time to rest now.

o well this is awkward

somewhere along the line i must have accidentally set the chest to appear when the variable was equal to 7...but the chest itself sets the variable to 7.

oops, it's fixed now. not uploaded, though, since i'd have to go back and block off chapter 2

Before i go to bed tonight, chapter 2 will be officially ready to enter beta-testing! woo!! now, i already have a nice handful of people who are testing chapter 2 in isolation. here's the kicker though...before i can release chapter 2, i really need to know how it works as a whole.

meaning: to test the changes i've made over all, i need a couple of people who are willing to play through the game from the beginning, to the end of chapter 2, and give me feedback on how things have turned out. i'm going to be doing this myself, but like always, i'm a biased party when trying to test the game, since i know all the answers .-.

send me a PM if you're interested. again, this is to test the entirety of Who Hunts Monsters prior to the Chapter 2 release. yes, you'll be able to test Chapter 2 itself, but you will be required to play through the beginning of the game as well.

Hey! So far I've tried out chapter two and I'm loving it, all the mechanics line up very well and theres some very great character development, I just have a quick question for you... How in the world do I beat that Ogre. ._. I don't really understand her fight that well so maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't been able to get her below 550 hp before she one shots me.

Hey! So far I've tried out chapter two and I'm loving it, all the mechanics line up very well and theres some very great character development, I just have a quick question for you... How in the world do I beat that Ogre. ._. I don't really understand her fight that well so maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't been able to get her below 550 hp before she one shots me.

^_^ i'll answer questions once i feel comfortable releasing Chapter 2 officially.

I have a question though... is chapter 2V1.2 archive meant to be downloadable from Indiexpo? Because I downloaded it and already reached Chapter 2, that seems playable even though officially we were supposed to ask you for beta link ^^;

Anyway, that version had no issues for me whatsoever, managed to play through everything until chapter 2 beginning, including Titania hardcore battle without trouble so far.

PS. I really cheer on Angie to finally convince Captain Morrigan to let her give that foot rub XDD

Found a bug in Chapter 2 by the way. When saving Sake, if you try to check on her before fighting the orc, the door will close and you will become unable to save her while she laughs without even anyone to tickle her(Since I beaten the orc after checking on her anyway)

And when I beaten the same orc normally, she somehow transformed into Ren lying down sprite and started moving back to the cell... spooky XD
Now after saving Sake, situation looks like this: https://gyazo.com/0f574e5d61ecb4608ad00556106c66bf

Last edited:
I have a question though... is chapter 2V1.2 archive meant to be downloadable from Indiexpo? Because I downloaded it and already reached Chapter 2, that seems playable even though officially we were supposed to ask you for beta link ^^;

Anyway, that version had no issues for me whatsoever, managed to play through everything until chapter 2 beginning, including Titania hardcore battle without trouble so far.

PS. I really cheer on Angie to finally convince Captain Morrigan to let her give that foot rub XDD

Found a bug in Chapter 2 by the way. When saving Sake, if you try to check on her before fighting the orc, the door will close and you will become unable to save her while she laughs without even anyone to tickle her(Since I beaten the orc after checking on her anyway)

And when I beaten the same orc normally, she somehow transformed into Ren lying down sprite and started moving back to the cell... spooky XD
Now after saving Sake, situation looks like this: https://gyazo.com/0f574e5d61ecb4608ad00556106c66bf

:T issues like these are why i didn't make an official announcement, I'll look into it and get it corrected. the Indiexpo version is missing a lot of bugfixes and such that i'm working on right now.

What's New

9/18/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is on the lower left of it.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back